Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

tms

Anyone noticed this in their area

As anyone noticed less illegals working at places in your area. What's going on here, do I need my eyes checked? I don't think they all went back to there home countries. Did they stop working or something? Where are they going. I see some out and about but not working.
    "The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

Tms go up and check the housing developments in the north metro area all the way to ft collins. My neighbor bids against electrical contractors using illegal labor.

American unemployed need to be more mobile and we might whip this thing without congress. the illegals on those construction jobs are getting only a couple of dollars less because of demand. With 9% unemployment in South Carolina we could get workers of any race we like and they would do a hell of a job.

I still believe it makes good sense to put American Workers First. Then if we have to subsidize some things during the adjustment period citizens and business know it is not leaving the country.
    Same with high end jobs. But, employers got to be able to trust americans to work hard. Will we work hard?
    AMERICAN WORKERS FIRST -- A RAID A DAY KEEPS THE ILLEGALS AWAY

Did they stop working or something? Where are they going. I see some out and about but not working.
    tms--these MIGHT fall into the category that Judy posted on another thread about HALF OF IMMIGRANTS--both legal and ILLEGAL--are on welfare because they have no JOBS. This certainly reinforces our contention that Bush is LOCO if he thinks that these WORKERS ARE NEEDED! If they are so NEEDED, why are they getting WELFARE??

jrhino--are you from South Carolina??? I ask because that is where I was born and raised and I heard a STATE legislator being interviewed yesterday who is REALLY A HOT ADVOCATE for throwing EVERY ILLEGAL into jail the FIRST TIME THEY ARE CAUGHT FOR ANYTHING. I missed the first part of the interview so I'm not sure who he is or what part of the state he's from. I need to ask my brother, who still lives in SC, who this person is because I SURE LIKED HIM. He said that it had not YET become as serious a problem in SC as in the border states but he wanted to make damn sure it DIDN'T become one. He sounds like somebody that we should look to for a NATIONAL OFFICE rather than a state one!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

The time that the illegal day laborers are most noticeable in public is just after they get to an employment community. As the day laborers establish their own reputations and or there is an upturrn in employment employers take them on for a longer time period. When there is a downturn the employers are less willing to take on a person long term.
    The day laborers who are newer arrivals or in a slack market must make themselves visible to get jobs.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Out west here in Oregon, I have noticed that the fast food places have gotten the message as all their people on the front counters and drive throughs are Americans. It appears that people like us have spoken out enough to make them realize we're tired of trying to give an order to someone who does not hardly understand us.

I also think with all the media attention to all the grassroots groups across the country, the newspaper editorials, and protests have made employers more secretive about their employees, not wanting to be noticed or caught eventually.

Yes they definitely are getting assistance. Our paper here had a letter to the editor about an article stating illegals do not and cannot get assistance with anything. This woman, a store clerk, wrote in saying she see's them everyday using the food cards, not knowing a lick of English and not knowing how to use that machine because of their language barriers.

Because my daughter has been fighting for child support for her son, I have accompanied her to the state office, and most of the time we are one of few Amerians there, the rest in our area are Mexicans. So I too feel they are getting assistance (the women) while their men work and get their wages under the table, saying that they have no income.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think you're right on all counts, AmericanElizabeth! They ARE getting the message and, maybe like you said, the employers are at least HIDING the ones who WON'T speak English where they don't meet the public. And, WE KNOW they are getting government assistance no matter WHAT THAT ARTICLE SAID. That is just a GIVEN. Why would the idiots think these people come over just to have their babies??? Just because of our EXCEPTIONAL medical care?? HA! They come so they can get in on all of the welfare programs and they are robbing DESERVING AMERICANS from those benefits.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

No shortage of working illegals here in DE! I walk to a local 7-11 every morning at about 6am to get my paper and see spanish speaking workers pouring out of contractor vans and trucks every single time.

nope the illegals still rule here- go to beautiful lake oswego - 97035 and find all low end jobs filled with latinos plus azteca - new flashy mexican restuarent run and owned by mexicans- okay this means one has legal resident and then they hire all illegal friends to work there-
    they arent afraid of us I am afraid...................

Same thing here, the latest intel reports indicate that Farmingville is totally devoid of illegals on the streets. Ill send out another recon patrol and see what its like on Monday or Tuesday as the weather is supposed to be in the 50's.

They usually go down south or back to their "homeland" in the winter months and then come back around April or May.

Right after Thanksgiving, I thought Pompano Beach had a slight decline.
    But they are all back. I think illegals just take longer than Thursday and Friday off for Thanksgiving.

I will venture to say that it is possible that there has been a SLIGHT improvement. We have a LONG way to go here in Florida, which I'm sure you know.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)