Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Anyone one else worried about Tancredo asking DOJ about...

the "American Hiroshima" article published by Farrah?

I sure hope Farrah isn't being used as a proxy to setup Tancredo for embarrassment by the GOP...

Because I found that article to have serious flaws...

1. Typically suitcase nukes are not nuclear bombs....

- rather they are small bombs designed to spread irradiated particulates over a 3-4 square block area designed to make hundreds of people sick.

2. Having plans does not mean you have what is in the plans...the nukes and capabilities to make them. Al Queda doesn't...

3. Overall, the article just seems to have way too much "Over the top Boo!" in it.

Makes me suspicous...

To this day I believe that if Al Queda is seeking a kiloton+ yield nuke...he's only gonna get one and he will not set it off here in the US...but rather in Indiia in the center where most of our high-tech jobs are getting outsourced too...

Al Queda has already tried several attacks...and almost succeeded with regular bombs.

Wipe out our outsourced jobs - start a war between India and Pakistan (India will have to assume it came from Pakistan and retaliate) and watch our economy go down the (Oops!) because US corporation can't get operations back up in 30 days or less. Ex-employees move on and get wary due to lack of trust...ATM switches are easy to set up - but network schema suddenly thrown up will have way too many bugs. SS7 signalling routing via Telcos will take time...

And of course, the consumer calling for tech support will be fustrated as hell and work will get around not to buy....

Close and monitor our borders here = YES

But more importantly....

Restrict oursourcing and review already outsourced jobs should also = YES

=
    Not serious about illegals, outsourcing and insourcing? Wait until magicians pull illegals out of their hats...

I wouldn't be too concerned. No one with any influence will be listening anyway.

Few if any with any "influence" such as they might think they have give a HOOT about national security or even the American People for that matter. If there is really an Al Qaeda or Al Qaida, no one in Washington is doing much to get them out of the US or keep them from coming in....making a rational mind wonder...just really who is Al Qaeda or Al Qaida and are they real.

I believe that is the point Tancredo intends to make and a good one for the record.

mrrabbit: The value of what Tancredo is doing whether the reporter got all the "technicals" right or not is that the Department of Justice will have two choices: start doing their jobs for the American People or continue to ignore the problem and leave Americans in jeopardy simply because they couldn't figure out how to ENFORCE American Immigration Law.

Either way....it's a win for our side.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Judy...let me restate the "Proxy" aspect a little

...clearly...

Remember, Tancredo might make a 2008 run - and the GOP doesn't like that.

They would be able to run him out if he gives them any opportunity to say, "Tancredo is a conspiracy theory nut..."

One of the best ways for a party to shut down a candidate who doesn't have party approval to run is to find a way to label him/her a "nut" of one kind or another convincely....

If Tancredo walks into the DOJ and start asking, "How did those nukes get here, how did MS-13 get in, what are you doing about the hidden nukes..."

BAM! They got him...

Instead if I were Tancredo - I wouldn't do that...I wouldn't assume anything or act on anything Farrah said....my tack would be:

1. What is the administations official classification of MS-13. Simple gang? Drug smuggling gang? Drug smuggling and terrorist operation?

2. What is the administrations definition of a "suitcase nuke"?

3. What is the administraton's view on US politicians who overtly support Mexican interests and demands that Mexico makes of the United States?

...I think you get my jist...don't ask about why Farrah described...instead ask for classifications, definitions, and categorizations and offical policy...

In other words, don't ask: "What are you doing about the hidden nukes planted by the Soviets in the United States?"

While the may not roles eyes during a meeting - they can during a debate as part of making him look silly.

If the GOP tried to label him a "nut" in relation to the visit during the campaign - especially during a debate - BAM! Huge mistake - he'll be able to point out how they (the leadership) has just embarrassed themselves by stating something that never happened.

=
    Not serious about illegals, outsourcing and insourcing? Wait until magicians pull illegals out of their hats...

I disagree. If Mr. Al Queda has/gets a nuke, he would love to detonate it in the US.

They certainly aren't going to want to detonate it in Asia just to kill Dell Computer customer service representatives and then have the nuclear fallout blow all over Pakistan or the Middle East.
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

There probably isn't any way for us to anticipate what these people might do or might want to do because we don't have access to the intelligence or the information.

What we should attempt to do if we're really worried about it is close up the borders and deport illegal aliens.

Thereafter, depend on the best intelligence we have, which I realize isn't much that we know about, and go on about our business.

I've put "terrorism" on the list with tsunamis, earthquakes, wildfires, hurricanes, tornadoes, enemy attacks.

Given what we have learned about our Government during the past few months, it is quite probable that we will have no warning and even if we do, the President will continue on with what he's doing while he "gathers" his thoughts. He won't even bother to ask if it's a nuclear attack or from whom or where it hit until he finishes his story with the children; or his speech he's working on; his bike ride; golf game; wood chopping; or his bedtime.

We are alone, and we are unprotected.

Face that fact; and then FIX IT!!

Get These Morons Out of Our Government and Replace Them With Some Sensible People!!

Veeeeery Simple.

Problem Solved.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I disagree. If Mr. Al Queda has/gets a nuke, he would love to detonate it in the US.

They certainly aren't going to want to detonate it in Asia just to kill Dell Computer customer service representatives and then have the nuclear fallout blow all over Pakistan or the Middle East.
    But desire and reality do not always mesh.

Nukes need frequent maintenance in order to work. Al Queda ain't smart enough to do that. The (rumored) Russian nukes hidden in the U.S. during the Cold War have not been maintained if they even exist. First of all, there is no Russian money to maintain them with. I think the service agreements have expired on them. We know who the techs are who did work on them are. Those techs are watched. They have not been on maintenance runs in the US.

The best that Al Queda can hope for is a dirty bomb. If that.

Mr. Magoo...please elaborate on Russian nukes hidden in the US that are not being maintained? Does this mean we have nuclear bombs rotting somewhere? Could they leak?

My God. Some days....the information is just more than I can bear.

If we know where they are, why don't we move them and destroy them so they don't hurt anyone and can't be used to scare Americans"?

Judy,
    There have been rurmors floating around for years and years that the KGB smuggled in some small nukes and hid them for a showdown that never came. The "Plan" was to use a timer to set them off, giving the KGB Agent time to escape. The reasoning was we would see any missles inbound, but not something already here.

The problems with these rumors are they are bogus. Using logic, the KGB would not stash something like a nuke without mega security. This means a Embassy or Consulate. We monitor those for everything. They can't break wind without us knowing, and knowing who did it. Problem #2. As I said above, nukes require frequent maintenance. Not just the fissionable material degrades over time,(half life) but the other materials used degrade as well. When they degrade, they lose power. Without sufficiant power, no big-boom. Example, My late Father gave me a few hundred 22LR rounds that he had from the 40's. When I tried them in 1986, they did not go BANG!!, they were more of a pithsssst . . . Over the years, they had gone bad from humidity and age. Leaking is not an issue. They don't leak, they get weak. ( Too pooped to PoP! )

Due to Reagan, The Soviets went bankrupt and the USSR fell. They did not have the money to pay the soldiers, much less nuke techs to travel the world to service all these rumored devices. Heck, they could not even afford to replace the materials if needed! After the fall, we know every one of the Russians that has the knowlledge to service that stuff. We watch them all the time. We know where they are, and if one made a trip to Kansas . . . well, lets just say we could count the threads in his skivies. LOL!!

Next, if KGB "Sleeper" Agents did smuggle in and stash a small nuke. And, had the skills to keep such a device serviced. Well, 40-50 years have gone by. The Sleeper Agent is in his/her 60's or pushin' Panseys by now. It just does not pass the smell test.

Look, nukes are not easy to make. They are not easy to transport. And they are not easy to set off. It takes a lot of very technical skills to pull it off. Those skills are not plentiful in radical Islam. If, and this is a HUGE if, Bin Ladin did get his hands on a device, odds are the most he could get out of it is a dirty bomb. A bang, without the power needed to go TN. It would just scatter radioactive debris over a limited area. Debris that is large enough pieces that we can clean it up without much of a problem. Does Bin Laden want to try and get one of these things? Sure! Will he? I doubt it. Even if he did, his followers transporting it would look inside to see what the big deal is and poison themselves . . . they are not the sharpest knife in the box.

Those rumors are just that, ===> rumors. Most often they are spread so you will buy tin foil and freeze dried food.

Good to know!! So we do not have to worry about Soviet planted leaking nuclear devices spreading radioactive material in the ground or buildings and hurting people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast