Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AOL User Access to ALIPAC

Are any other AOL users besides me having trouble accessing the ALIPAC website through the AOL browser?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

DOn't know

I will try when I get home as I use AOL. Will let you know.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

I'm bellsouth but today for the 1st time since being a member every time I come to the site I have to re-log on
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Strange. I had a big problem for an entire night and the next morning. I emailed my carrier. I got threatening, basically accused them of interfering with my ability to connect for a project I'm working on. They had to re-enter my connection data. (?)

Keep in Mind:

AOL Time Warner is on the Funders List for NCLR.

Keep us posted on this.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I was online with BellSouth and I just switched and logged on under AOL. No problems.

I do not think the ISP would have the gall to interfere with a web site, but then again, one never knows what fevered brains may be lurking in the dark recesses of these computer geek machines.
    When we gonna wake up?

The problem has been cleared up for now but for about an hour AOL did not recognize www.alipac.us

W

William, not to alarm, but what possible technical explanation could there be for that?

Were you doing something "critical" at the time? Did you miss a deadline of any sort?

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

That's why we should all be sure to have the phone number to ALIPAC.

Yes, it's on the homepage at the bottom. Print it out or write it down in case we ever lose connection.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    The problem has been cleared up for now but for about an hour AOL did not recognize www.alipac.us

W
    The symptom you describe points to a domain name server problem.
    Computers in a network identify each other by their addresses.
    Typically here we are dealing with IP addresses.

The name of the site is www.alipac.us, the IP (internet Protocol) address is 67.132.77.200. For humans it is easier to use the name. A domain name server"translates" this name into an IP address.

If you ever run into this issue again, try entering the IP address directly on your browser's command line. Just type "67.132.77.200" (without the quotes) and hit "Enter". This way you are completely bypassing the services provided by the DNS server. Depending on your browser settings, you might have to enter "http://67.132.77.200", which just tells the browser to connect to the IP address using the Hypertext Transfer Protocol.