Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Attn: KY. residents: email I got from Councilman Hawkins

Thank you for writing in support of the Resolution Councilman Hawkins is sponsoring in regards to the government services and benefits being sought by illegal immigrants.

You email will be shared with Councilman Hawkins and he appreciates your support. Please call other council members and the president of the Metro Council Rick Blackwell @ 574-1112. ...and the mayor at 574-2003.

Due to the extremely high call volume and emails, I apologize for having to send this standard response. If this email does not answer your question or concerns, please call me at 574-1125.

Thank you and have a great day!

Renay/assistant to Scott Harrington

Scott Harrington

Legislative Assistant to

25th District Councilman Doug Hawkins

601 West Jefferson Street

Louisville, Kentucky 40202-2741

502.574.4501 (fax)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Email I sent him:

Dear Mr. Hawkins,

Thank YOU for bringing up the issue of entitlement programs to illegal aliens.

I also read that bus loads are dropped off in Lexington! Do they drop off in Louisville too?

As a Ky. resident, I expect and demand our immigration laws be enforced.

Mexico is rich in resources and has rich elite that refuse to reform and help their own people...they send them to the USA and want us to care for them! And we are fed up with this!

We don't want this made into a Democratic or Republican issue, it is an American issue and we need immediate response to these illegals' gaining any tax dollars from us!

I am a member of www.alipac.us (Americans for Legal Immigration), and www.numbersusa.com and I know how severe this "illegal mess" is!

Members that live in border States, post pictures and tell stories of what happened to their neighborhoods, they say they look like a 3rd World Country now...not to mention they are crime laden.

Please, stand firm....US citizens should not "raise" foreigners, because their own Country refuses to reform!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Good Job Moosetracks,
    I heard him on the Leland Conway show here in Lexington. How wonderful to have a Council member that cares about this issue!! I'm going to send him an email too.

And yes, that same bus makes drop-offs in Louisville, Shelbyville and Versailles.

I'm assuming those buses go back empty? If so, deportation just got a whole lot less expensive. Load em up and ship em back!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

I wrote to Councilman Hawkins also. This guy is showing tremendous courage in this Demo LaLaLand. Open borders UPS and "who will feed the horseys" Churchill Downs own this town, and the loss of manufacturing around here has made the OBL entertainment industry king. The local machine has just been running over concerned citizens.

I'm sure Hawkins could use some kind words if you can see your way. Help us keep this issue out of the bag.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Why are buses bringing them in, everyday? What are they doing with them, where are they going .... and who is "taking care" of them with our taxes?
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Quote Originally Posted by moosetracks
    Why are buses bringing them in, everyday? What are they doing with them, where are they going .... and who is "taking care" of them with our taxes?
    Near as I can tell it's Catholic Immigration Services receiving them here. They shelter them among legal immigrants for awhile and then dump them on the welfare system. There's an explosion of population in Shelbyville KY. Likely work on farms out there. Same deal in Owensboro KY.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Horse farmers, tobacco farmers, Keeneland, building contractors - they all love cheap labor. That is, if it benefits them. I suspect someone is making a pretty penny trafficking these people to their potential employers.

This bus has been stopped in Nashville on its way to Lexington, carrying drugs, guns and illegal aliens. This bus situation is a serious Homeland Security Issue. People and luggage are screened at the airports - this should be no different. Forged visitors visas are easily obtained and over-staying is the simplest method of invading our Country.

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art ... /609020341

Saturday, 09/02/06

I-40 drug bust on bus nabs Mexican officer
    Dog catches scent of marijuana in traffic stop

By MICHAELA JACKSON
    Staff Writer

FRANKLIN —A Mexican law-enforcement officer is in custody in Franklin after a 13-pound bale of marijuana was found in a piece of his luggage on a passenger bus en route from Mexico to Lexington, Ky.
    Alfonso Barrutia Dela Torre, 31, from Mexico, was arrested Thursday morning when Williamson County Sheriff's Deputy Andy Ryan stopped the bus on I-40 eastbound for following a car too closely.

When the bus driver gave Ryan permission to search the bus, a drug-detection dog uncovered the illegal substance, which police say is worth about $10,000.

When Ryan began searching the bus, Torre became nervous, Ryan said, and when the dog found the drugs, Torrehung his head and denied that the bale belonged to him. When the dog, a 5-year-old Belgian malinois named Leo, sniffed out the marijuana, Ryan said he had no doubt they were dealing with an illegal substance.

"He's got no lie in him," said Ryan of Leo, who is trained to identify several drugs by smell.

Agents from Immigration and Customs Enforcement and Homeland Security were called, and they subsequently took custody of five other passengers who werein the country illegally, authorities reported. Immigration and Customs Enforcement later determined Torre's name and role as a federal police officer in Mexico. He reportedly had first given a false name.

Torre was in the country on a visitor's pass that forbade him from going farther than 25 miles from the U.S.-Mexico border. He boarded the bus in Texas, and authorities believe he was bound for Nashville.

"I believe that he had worked out something with someone in Nashville ... to deliver the dope," Williamson County Sheriff Ricky Headley said.

When asked if he was shocked by the involvement of a police officer in drug trafficking, Headley's response was ambivalent.

"I want to say yes, but the true answer is I'm not surprised by anything," he said. He emphasized his disappointment in an officer who betrays his duty to protect citizens and uphold the law.

"I strongly advise that whatever the penalty is (for any crime) should be three or four times greater for a law enforcement officer who violates the law," Headley said.

In addition to facing drug charges, Torre will probably face federal charges for the violation of his visitor's pass, as well as charges in Mexico, Headley said.

Although the Williamson County Sheriff's Department had never found marijuana on a passenger bus, uncovering drug-trafficking attempts in the area is not unusual, Headley said.

Torre is being held without bail in the Williamson County Criminal Justice Center. He is to appear in court Wednesday. •

http://police.nashville.org/news/media/2005/09/16.htm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    September 16, 2005
    An ongoing investigation into a large Middle Tennessee marijuana and cocaine distribution organization has led to the arrest of a local man and four Texans on charges that they conspired to distribute 170 pounds of marijuana in the Nashville area.

The marijuana was actually brought from the Houston area to Nashville Monday on board an Adame passenger bus. The Adame bus line transports persons between the United States and Mexico. The bus has been seized.

On Monday, Metro police officers assigned to the 20th Judicial District Drug Task Force received information that Josh Meeks, 30, of Brown Lane in White Bluff, was to receive a shipment of marijuana. Undercover officers followed Meeks from his home to a Bellevue restaurant, where he met Oscar Chavez, 50, and Recardo Guerra, 28, both of Houston. One of them drove Meeks’ Buick Riviera across the street to a convenience market where the bus was parked. Two men with the bus, Hector Pena, 33, and Vicente Orozco, 27, also from the Houston area, off loaded three large canvas bags into Meeks’ car (Pena and Orozco were the only persons with the bus). Officers moved in and arrested all five suspects without incident. The three canvas bags contained 170 pounds of marijuana. A fourth bag contained Meeks’ drug payment which totaled $41,000 cash.

As the investigation progressed, Drug Task Force members determined that the distribution organization with which Meeks and the four Texans are associated also had high-tech marijuana grow rooms in two Nashville locations. One was found at 122 Stewarts Ferry Pike. Inside that residence were 55 marijuana plants, 8 ½ pounds of processed marijuana and four firearms. The other grow location was at 5613 Deer Valley Trail in Antioch. Inside that home were 52 marijuana plants, 50 pounds of processed marijuana and 17 firearms (12 pistols and 5 assault-type rifles).

Officers uncovered additional information that led them to Fayettville, Tennessee, where a building that was to have served as a marijuana grow house was under construction at 114 Marsh Hill Road.

A number of law enforcement organizations are involved in this continuing investigation, including the Drug Enforcement Administration, TBI, Dickson County Sheriff’s Office, the 21st Judicial District Drug Task Force based in Franklin and the 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force based in Fayettville.

Meeks, Chavez, Guerra, Pena and Orzoco are all being held in lieu of $500,000 bond. More charges and arrests are anticipated and the investigation advances.

These are some of the guns seized this week as part of the continuing investigation.

These marijuana plants were growing inside 5613 Deer Valley Trail in Antioch.

These marijuana plants were growing inside 122 Stewarts Ferry Pike.

Shelby Co. KY must have heard you guys. A councilman there is moving to get 287(g) going in their police department. The Sheriff was whining about the burden.