Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tex

WELL I GUESS WE'RE FIXING TO HAVE 26.5 MILLION VETERAN ILLEGAL MEXICANS FILING FOR SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS!

They just said on CNN these were discs. NOBODY just steals a disc if they don't know what's on it?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Texanborn is banned for violating rule 2.5
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Texanborn is banned for violating rule 2.5
    I'm not even going to ask what happened lol I must've missed something somewhere(!?)
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

Quote Originally Posted by dlm1968
    As my husband is a veteran, I have a question. Do they know whose records were stored on said "stolen" computer?

Are they suggesting that veterans should be doing anything to protect their identity?
    dim1968 - the suggestions are as follows:

1) Obtain you and your husbands FULL credit reports on a monthly basis. I would recommend you get a copy immediately so you have a good snapshot in your mind of what it SHOULD be looking like. Then, begin purchasing a copy of your credit report on a monthly basis. Ask yourself the question: Which is more rediculous, paying a fee every month to get copies, or having someone opening up accounts with your personal information and not even knowing about it. I may suggest you get a membership to a service called "Credit Keeper" online which doesn't cause credit report requests to accumulate on your credit history - then watch it carefully at least once a month - or once every couple of weeks if you are really paranoid.

2) Do as a previous post suggested and call your credit card companies, banks or any other kind of financial institution you deal with on a regular basis. Have them put your accounts on Identity Theft Alert. Trust me, if you are a veteran and chances are your information was among the rest, the situation certainly calls for it.

3) Contact your local veterans affairs office and express your concern and ask for periodic updates. Chances are, they will be more than happy to assist you in this matter. My own veterans affairs representative here is also a veteran (go figure) and he isn't taking this situation lightly.

4) Begin monitoring your social security account. I'm investigating how to go about this myself, and checking to see if the IRS can flag your account for monitoring under circumstances such as this for signs of duplicity in use.

Now the story has changed from a computer to DISCS apparantly. Disks with that kind of information on them aren't stolen because of the value of the plastic or for recycling. Discs like this are stolen for their information content. But this situation smells of a RAT. Discs aren't just taken out of a restricted area when it is known what can happen. Then within the same period of time they just happen to get "stolen"?

How stupid to these people think we are, I ask? Must think we are pretty stupid - but I have a surprise for them.

The information was NOT stolen just because the set of circumstances were "ideal". Information like that is extremely valuable the wrong people and chances are that it was SOLD to the highest bidder.

Anyone who sits back twiddling their thumbs thinking all is well needs to be scheduled for an in-depth psychological evaluation and maybe even hospitalized.

Who is in control?

I guess this is the thanks I get for 24 years of military service including combat. It may be paranoia on my part but I find it to be more than coincidence when there are over 20 million illegal aliens and a list of sensitive information on 26.5 million veterans is stolen. If the information was given to all these illegal alien advocates, I wonder what illegal alien is using my social security number. Looks as if I won't be seeing social security when I retire. I am beyond furious. If there is any resultant id theft by illegal aliens we should be breathing down the necks of Kennedy, McCain, Hagel, Martinez and all the other horse's posteriors who said it is okay for illegal aliens to use fraudulent ssn's and receive social security benefits. The poster who said he is checking with the social security administration please let us know what you found. Thanks.

Where are these rules, William? I sure don't want to get banned from here because I didn't read the rules?
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    Where are these rules, William? I sure don't want to get banned from here because I didn't read the rules?
    nittygritty - please see http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-26071.html

Looks like Texasborn violated rule 2.5 and the post was deleted right along with him/her when getting the "boot"

I can attest that they do enforce the rules they've made here!

Re: Who is in control?

Quote Originally Posted by mrmiata7
    I guess this is the thanks I get for 24 years of military service including combat. It may be paranoia on my part but I find it to be more than coincidence when there are over 20 million illegal aliens and a list of sensitive information on 26.5 million veterans is stolen. If the information was given to all these illegal alien advocates, I wonder what illegal alien is using my social security number. Looks as if I won't be seeing social security when I retire. I am beyond furious. If there is any resultant id theft by illegal aliens we should be breathing down the necks of Kennedy, McCain, Hagel, Martinez and all the other horse's posteriors who said it is okay for illegal aliens to use fraudulent ssn's and receive social security benefits. The poster who said he is checking with the social security administration please let us know what you found. Thanks.
    mrmiata7, I agree. I have smoke pouring out of my ears over this one. I've had it! I'm confident to say that they will discover they are messing with the wrong folks on this one.

How stupid to these people think we are, I ask?
    concernedveteran -

I think the miscalculated the "dumbing down of America" which we all know has been going on for a while. Unfortunately for them some of us still know how to think for ourselves.

Thank you for your helpful hints. If you learn anything else please let me know.

On a side note I always look forward to your posts, they never fail to get me fired up again when I am feeling that maybe this is a losing battle. Keeping the anger and indignation level up is quite exhausting.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast