Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by concernedveteran
    I may suggest you get a membership to a service called "Credit Keeper" online which doesn't cause credit report requests to accumulate on your credit history - then watch it carefully at least once a month - or once every couple of weeks if you are really paranoid.
    Hi ConcernedVeteran,
    What's the URL for Credit Keeper? Is it Equifax or ouhsc, or one of the other 686 that the search engine lists?

Thanks, concernedveteran,

Coto

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Concerned, my husband was a cryptographer in Vietnam, any worries over that, or is just SSno's to be worried about?
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Coto
    Quote Originally Posted by concernedveteran
    I may suggest you get a membership to a service called "Credit Keeper" online which doesn't cause credit report requests to accumulate on your credit history - then watch it carefully at least once a month - or once every couple of weeks if you are really paranoid.
    Hi ConcernedVeteran,
    What's the URL for Credit Keeper? Is it Equifax or ouhsc, or one of the other 686 that the search engine lists?

Thanks, concernedveteran,

Coto
    Hi Coto and thank you for asking. Originally I didn't want to post the link, hoping people would find it via a search engine. I really don't like providing advertising on the forum - but since this really is a SERIOUS matter, this is a tool every veteran and his/her spouse needs asap. I've weighed the idea of putting it here carefully, and considering the circumstances I hope that the moderators will understand.

Note: I am in no way affiliated nor do I have any interests of any kind to the program and/or company listed via this link.

http://www.mycreditkeeper.com/

Good luck and check your credit there at least once every couple of weeks until this matter of stolen information has been resolved.

Kurt
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    Concerned, my husband was a cryptographer in Vietnam, any worries over that, or is just SSno's to be worried about?
    Currently it is being stated that the following information is on the stolen disc(s).

Name and Address
    Social Security Number
    Birth Date
    Some disability and medical status information
    POSSIBLY a few credit cards, though they claim numbers of these are small

This is the information I've received from our Scottsbluff County Office of Veterans Affairs as well as the Department of Veterans Affairs in Lincoln, NE.

This is all I am able to provide for you at this time.
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

Would this apply to all veterans?

Even peacetime?

My husband has never been to a VA hospital, or anything like that. Other than having to have his records for SS, have had no reason to even think about this.

My son also was peacetime.

Does anyone know how long these records go back?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Would this apply to all veterans?

Even peacetime?

My husband has never been to a VA hospital, or anything like that. Other than having to have his records for SS, have had no reason to even think about this.

My son also was peacetime.

Does anyone know how long these records go back?
    It's my understanding that they cover every service member from 1975 on.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Someone gave me this link a few months back when I had id theft probs, really minor compared to this. Good site to have handy whether this effects you or not..

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/credit/idtheft.htm
    The American Conservative

Bail out families, not usurers and speculators.

Quote Originally Posted by had_enuf
    They just said on CNN these were discs. NOBODY just steals a disc if they don't know what's on it?
    I know. Discs? This doesnt make any sense.
    Name and Address
    Social Security Number
    Birth Date
    Some disability and medical status information
    POSSIBLY a few credit cards, though they claim numbers of these are small
    This has all the information one would need to replace the original owners entire life. Everything! Birthdate, SS #, all Medical info from birth on, credit info. What more do they need to start a brand new life? Its eerie.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I think the first question that needs to be asked is why wasn't this information more closely guarded. I worked for America Online for a few years and had privvy to all customers' information (names, addresses, credit card/ checking account inf). But we could not access this outside of the work place. The way the system was set up, you had to be inside one of the call centers (or main office) and signed on using a special PIN that changed randomly (we had these little beeper-like things that showed when the PIN changed).

For this to happen, the information had to be stored on disks or a hard drive. That's just absurd! When an internet company takes more safety steps than places with THIS type of info, something is SERIOUSLY wrong!
    ---Reesa---
    Yes, I am from Texas. No, I didn't vote for him!

For this to happen, the information had to be stored on disks or a hard drive. That's just absurd! When an internet company takes more safety steps than places with THIS type of info, something is SERIOUSLY wrong!
    And don't forget, this is the same government that says it's going to vet every illegal alien before giving them amnesty, yet can't keep track of people who overstay their visas or find illegals who skip their court hearings.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast