Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Automatic citizenship for the children of Illegal Immigrants

Letting the children of illegal immigrants have automatic U.S. citizenship makes about as much sense as letting the children of bank-robbers keep the money their parents stole. This is the next thing we are going to target and get rid of, as soon as we stem the flow of illegals. Which we are in the process of doing, I can assure you. The OTHER thing that really irritates me is listening to these soggy liberal sermonettes about how the illegal immigrants are just coming here "seeking a better life." Well, sure. They're fleeing the countries they've already ruined to seek a better life in the country WE built. Surely, these illegal immigrants must realize that the reason it is in a fact "a better life" in this country is because people like THEM are not here.

ACE,

you probably already have done so but NUMBERSUSA has this problem on the fax menu. And, YES, you're absolutely right!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Acebackwards:
    They're fleeing the countries they've already ruined to seek a better life in the country WE built. Surely, these illegal immigrants must realize that the reason it is in a fact "a better life" in this country is because people like THEM are not here.
    You won't get an argument from me.
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

and

Nothing but hassles for legal immigrants,t hose who would reside here as legal immigrants, or those attempting to arrive in America legally. Total hassle and no help. What's wrong with this picture? glenn

One thing that I've noticed reading through all this stuff is that the illegal immigrants in many cases seem to be willing to risk it all, including sometimes their lives, for that "better life" -- for themselves and sometimes their families.

But what I see from the legal Americans is that they are also willing to risk it all, including their lives -- but not just for themselves but rather for the greater good of the whole and what they believe in.

Maybe that is a cultural difference that makes or breaks a country. And maybe thats why the illegals can't fix their own country(ies) and have to sneak into someplace else. Sure, their leaders can bully verbally but I don't see anything particularly ingenious or courageous in overpopulating and then out of desperation sneaking in to overwhelm.

If there is any merit to that, then this multi-culturalism and multi-countryism probably will not work very well.

The Bottom Line

Blue Hills, you've hit it right on the head. There's a lot of hooey being spewed on the subject of Illegal Immigration; a lot of nice-sounding abstract concepts like "racism" and "cultural diversity" and "patriotism" and "xenophobia." When in fact at the bottom of this issue is a very simple and practical consideration: "These people have ruined their own countries by over-populating themselves off the face of the earth. And now are we going to be stupid enough to let them come flooding into our country and do the exact same thing here?" Thats the bottom line. This issue has nothing to do with the traditional political split between Left and Right. The split is between those Americans who still have a lick of common sense left in their heads, and those who are just completely nuts (or worse).

I personally feel that things have hit a new low and only with that low will people come to appreciate what we have here. I never appreciated it until I lost my job and nearly lost my house in the tech crash of 2001, I will fight like a tiger now.