Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Bannon Hits Silicon Valley’s Mass Immigration: ‘We’ve Got to Start Protecting Citizen

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bannon Hits Silicon Valley’s Mass Immigration: ‘We’ve Got to Start Protecting Citizen

Bannon Hits Silicon Valley’s Mass Immigration: ‘We’ve Got to Start Protecting Citizens from Global Wage Competition’

March2, 2018

John Binder

American workers need to be protected from “the ravages of global wage competition,” former Breitbart News Executive Chairman and White House Chief Strategist Stephen K. Bannon says in a new interview with GQ Magazine.

While railing against the mass importation of foreign workers to supply Silicon Valley, California’s tech industry hub and its corporations with cheap labor, Bannon said that, specifically, the H-1B visa is contributing to pushing working-class Americans out of the tech industry.

A partial transcript of interview follows:

GQ: You’ve mentioned your unhappiness that there are so many Asian and Indian executives in Silicon Valley. But if the U.S. is going to win any kind of tech race, will it really be done exclusively with white guys from, say, Richmond? Doesn’t the country need all hands on deck?

BANNON: Yes, I do believe you need all hands on deck. When I made that comment, I made that comment about the H1-B visas. I have absolutely no problem with American citizens—if they’re American citizens—being heads of companies, regardless of their ethnicity. I have a big problem with foreign nationals coming into the country to be to be CEOs of companies. [Emphasis added]
    We’re not going to solve the problems in this country economically until all classes and races get full access to high value-added technology jobs, we shouldn’t allow the rest of the world to come and compete for them. I happen to believe that black, Hispanic, and white working class kids are just as smart as kids throughout the world. We’ve got to start worrying about protecting the citizens of this country from the ravages of global wage competition. [Emphasis added]

And people say, ‘Oh, Bannon, you’re keeping out all the geniuses.’ Well, If they’re such geniuses, why is the average salary of an H1-B visa $102,000? Is Isaac Newton getting $102,000? Is Einstein getting $102,000? It’s about suppressing wages. I understand why the companies want higher margins. Higher margins mean higher stock prices. [Emphasis added]
    A vast number of the tech industry’s foreign tech workers are imported to the U.S. through the H-1B visa, which brings more than 100,000 foreign workers to the U.S. every year.

As Breitbart News reported, the H-1B visa has been quietly used by tech giants like Microsoft, Google, and Facebook to import a cheaper, foreign workforce to take highly coveted jobs in the white-collar workforce. The H-1B visa allows for Americans to be displaced from their white-collar jobs, and sometimes they are even forced to train their foreign replacements as a stipulation of their severance.
    Oftentimes, importing a foreign worker on the H-1B visa is the first step in a multinational corporations’ effort to outsource the American job, as the foreign worker arrives in the U.S., is trained in the job, and then is eventually sent back overseas with the job.

Silicon Valley’s mass importation of foreign nationals to take high-paying tech jobs is responsible for Americans now being a minority in the industry, as Breitbart News reported.

The growing foreign-born population taking jobs in Silicon Valley comes as nearly 500,000 Americans graduate in the STEM fields every year who are forced to compete with a booming foreign-born population in the U.S. and foreign workers who are imported by outsourcing firms and major tech conglomerates.

Even employers say that reforming the H-1B visa, or even getting rid of it entirely, would result in more U.S. jobs for American workers.
    Tom Broadwater of the group “Americans4Work” has echoed Bannon’s concern over Silicon Valley’s mass immigration practices, as Breitbart News reported.

“H-1B visas enable tech companies to look racially diverse, even as they crowd out American women and workers of color,” Broadwater says. “Last year, 72 percent of H-1B visas went to Indian workers, and most of the rest went to Chinese workers.”

The Washington-imposed cheap labor economic model of importing millions of foreign workers to compete with working and middle-class Americans for U.S. jobs has helped keep U.S. wages stagnant for decades.

Median earnings of full-time, year-round workers, 15 years and older, 1960 to 2016.

Meanwhile, President Trump’s economic nationalist model has already resulted in history-making wage growth for American workers in the construction industry, the garment industry, for workers employed at small businesses, and black Americans.

Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WE NEED TO END DUAL CITIZENSHIP

WE NEED TO STOP FOREIGNERS FROM BUYING UP OUR PROPERTY...LET THEM LEASE IT LIKE MEXICO DOES!

END ALL FOREIGN VISA'S!!!

THESE FOREIGNER'S TAKE OUR JOBS AND DO NOT PAY INTO OUR SOCIAL SECURITY, MEDICARE OR SOCIAL SERVICES PROGRAMS!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Senior Member 6 Million Dollar Man's Avatar
    I happen to believe that black, Hispanic, and white working class kids are just as smart as kids throughout the world. We’ve got to start worrying about protecting the citizens of this country from the ravages of global wage competition.

Yes!

Americans, I am one too, have lost their will to survive.
    I am in the tech industry and I can tell you that the future is not in Silicon Valley or even in the US.

I went to Argentina to "dog and pony" some products. The people loved it.
    In the US, people are less inclined to want to know what's "under the hood" and make it a tool for their own purpose.

I have been in this business since 2002

Americans haven't lost their will to survive, that's why so many worked so hard to elect Trump to save our country and ourselves. But Americans are exhausted, broke and tired. Exhausted, broke and tired Americans are very frustrated and annoyed, fed up to their gills, and just generally PISSED OFF to have to wake up every day and listen to or watch illegal aliens and other non-citizens whining with demands for something from the American People, a job, a wage, a benefit, education, insurance, rights to drive, rights to protest, amnesty, foreign aid, refugee status, trade and yes, defense as well and then never have our backs or care about US, our futures, our dreams.

Now what everyone in our country and around the world needs to know is what that means. So here it is:

250 million pissed off Americans is your worst nightmare.
    Last edited by Judy; 03-04-2018 at 09:38 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Any foreigners who come here to work must pay an automatic 25% of their salary into OUR social security and Medicare funds.

That will stop a lot of them coming and taking our jobs!

Hit them in THEIR wallets.

AMERICAN'S FIRST!!!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL