Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Beck:Bush Insults U.S. Workers with National CIR Remark

Bush's comments were broadcast Tuesday, December 2,2008, in an interview with Charles Gibson on ABC's "World News Tonight". Please note that "timeforchange" posted Beck's comments as a reply to "Bush Most Regrets Iraq, Failure of 'Immigration Reform'. I had not seen the reply when I made this post. http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-139487.html

Bush Adds Yet Another Insult To American Workers (no wonder he's so unpopular)

By Roy Beck, Monday, December 1, 2008, 6:40 PM

At a time of galloping unemployment, Pres. Bush had the gall to tell ABC News that one of his biggest disappointments in the White House was his inability to get Americans to quit being so small-minded about keeping U.S. jobs for themselves instead of giving them up to illegal aliens. Will the next Administration be this elitist and this heartless? The jury is out.

As he leaves office as one of the most unpopular Presidents ever, Mr. Bush seemed to be trying to show why in his interview.

On the one hand, he acknowledged that he had been wrong about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and that his biggest disappointment was that he didn't get better military intelligence to act on.

But then he failed to see the underlying error of his immigration policies.

Instead of admitting that he misjudged the issue, he said another major disappointment was his failure to push through immigration reform. Although he didn't specifically identify what that reform was, we can be fairly certain he meant the path to citizenship that he began trying to give illegal aliens as soon as he entered office in 2001 and which he pushed through 2007 before he finally got tired of the citizenry rising up in an uproar.

Here's what he told ABC:

I firmly believe that the immigration debate really didn't show the true nature of America as a welcoming society. I fully understand we need to enforce law and enforce borders. But the debate took on a tone that undermined the true greatness of America, which is that we welcome people who want to work hard and support their families.

So, the true greatness of America is not in hard-working Americans and their families? Apparently, we can only be great if we welcome people from other countries to take our jobs.

Does Mr. Bush feel that any person in the world who wants to work hard to support his/her family ought to be allowed into the U.S. At heart, he is a reckless Utopian with no touch of reality but whose impractical idealism leads to great suffering. Utopians with their ideological innovations make truly dangerous leaders, as the 20th century more than proved and as this century's first President did as well.

I'd like to see a society (and a federal government) that practices a welcoming spirit to the tens of millions of Americans who do not have a job, or who work for sub-decent wages depressed by labor oversupply.

To rich elitists like Mr. Bush, it may be easy to assume that the country can bring more than 100,000 foreign workers every month (plus their dependents) and allow another 50,000 or so illegal workers to settle each month and not have any effect on people who work for a living.

But more than 10 million Americans who are on the official unemployed list (which means they have looked for a job in the last month) know what an unwelcoming economy is like.

It is the height of hardheartedness to suggest that those unemployed Americans are "unwelcoming" or have a bad "tone" when they object to giving some 7 million illegal foreign workers permanent ownership of U.S. jobs.

I do believe that Mr. Bush has always had a blind spot when it comes to poor foreign workers. I think he is sincere in wanting to give all of them a chance to be Americans and live an American lifestyle. But I know that this largesse is also a way for his White House to provide a welcoming society for his big business lobbyist friends who want their flood of foreign labor to hold down all wages.

I'm thankful to the hundreds of thousands of NumbersUSA activists who blocked this Republican President from his skewed vision of the country and who gave him one of his biggest disappointments.

And I am hopeful that those activists will be just as strong in stopping the incoming Democratic President from imposing that same skewed, anti-worker vision.

ROY BECK is Founder & CEO of NumbersUSA

Views and opinions expressed in blogs on this website are those of the author. They do not necessarily reflect official policies of NumbersUSA.

NumbersUSA
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Beck:Bush Insults U.S. Workers with National CIR Remark

His comments were broadcast Tue., Dec. 2, 2008 in an interview with Charles Gibson on ABC's "World News Tonight".
    Anyone notice the difference in the body language of Charles Gibson with Bush verses Gibson with Sarah Palin?

That piece of crap sure was looking less opposing with Bushwacker than Sarah. Check it out, watch both for a minute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubsUQKd9c7c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRIyhszTVc0 (at about 1 minute 30 seconds)

What a jerk!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

He is a traitor, there are no other words for it.

Excellent article by Roy. He says it straight and gives good argument to the issue. It's not just Bush, it's most of DC that does not give a flying leap for the American worker. The Democrats are the worst. People always equate business to the Republicans. REALLY? How about Pelosi's millions in the CA wine industry. Guess who picks her grapes for one season, moves to construction work the next. NO the Democrats are as bad or worse and we see that everytime in their vote. I agree that Bush has missed the mark. So has McCain, Kennedy, Pelosi, Reid, Menendez, etc. Let's name names instead brouhahaing over "this administration." Teach your kids who and what party is voting AGAINST THEM AND THEIR FUTURE. Make sure you tell your teenagers what they plan to do. Get the article on NumbersUSA that Reid talked about CIR in the spring. Print it out, explain it to your children. TEACH THEM NOW WHILE IT IS HAPPENING NOT AFTER THE FACT.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And now we hear that ol' Jeb Bush is considering running for the Senate seat in Florida. He would be another pandering RINO like his brother and would push immigration policies beneficial for the special interests that fund him but destructive to American workers.

GOGO

its not only the democratic party that does not care about America.
    its ALMOST every single elected MORON in DC and the big corporations
    who see bigger profit when having to pay less than a prevailing wage.
    so its Dems AND Reps

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    GOGO

its not only the democratic party that does not care about America.
    its ALMOST every single elected MORON in DC and the big corporations
    who see bigger profit when having to pay less than a prevailing wage.
    so its Dems AND Reps

james I'm not a member of either party. I support individuals. I believe that is the way that conservatives must go. They need to be in grassroot groups to help conservatives get back into DC. I don't care the party. I care about the values I stand for. Everyone's is different to be sure. Right now I'm supporting Chuck DeVore who announced a few days ago that he is running against Barbara Boxer in 2010. Starting now in grassroots movement. Remember Chaffetz was out spent and out gunned in Utah and he won. People there stood on principle. If Californians ban together we can do the same thing the Obamaites did. He looked like the long shot and looked what happened.

Bush and the rest of the Washington traitors could care less if Americans are starving and begging in the streets...What a piece of cr#p!

Unoccupied Southeast Georgia But Not For Much Longer
    Obama talking about putting Americans back to work is a farce. Any jobs arising from the joke of a stimulus package will go to illegal aliens because Obama will not enforce e-verify and will halt all other enforcement including raids. Obama has already gone on record supporting millions of additional H1B, H2A, H2B and L1 visas. Pelosi and most other Mexican government officials masquerading as representatives of the American people support this too.
    Why do you think congress doesn't bother to track where all these bailouts are going? Those Capital Hell !!@#$% know damn well they are going to illegal aliens at congress' insistence to help illegal aliens with their fraudulently obtained mortgages using stolen social security numbers and now defaulted on ruining numerous American lives from identity theft in addition to illegal alien health care, welfare, food stamps, medicare, unemployment insurance (while senior citizens and indigent Americans face medicare and medicaid benefits cuts) housing and energy assistance including heat while many Americans including senior citizens and low income Americans are forced to decide between food, rent, medicine, heat, and are denied organ transplants given to illegal aliens at taxpayer expense who also receive a plethora of other benefits denied to Americans.
    So where is the change upon which Obama built his campaign platform? The only change will be more illegal alien workers resulting in more unemployed Americans begging in the streets and more pain, suffering and misery. Unemployed Americans thank you from the bottom of their unemployed hearts Mr Obama, the new Reconquista in Chief.
    There is no freedom without the law. Remember our veterans whose sacrifices allow us to live in freedom.

was his inability to get Americans to quit being so small-minded about keeping U.S. jobs for themselves instead of giving them up to illegal aliens.
    With the way wages have been declining for 30 years now and all of the outsourcing Bush has influenced, only a pig-headed jackass of a traitor could make a comment like that. And HIS brother wants to run for the Senate..Jeb is a bigger looser than his brother is..and their dad is proud of them..HA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast