Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: What?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthIllegal
    Quote Originally Posted by melena29
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettybb
    I thought we had freedom of speech in this country.

What is really going on here?

It looks like some kids, probably pumped up by their parents, decided to try and shove their particular religion down this teacher's throat.

A bible has no place in the classroom, just like a q'uoran has no place in a classroom, or any other religious book. Open the door for one, you get them all. Our Founding Father were certainly smart when they established the concept of separation of church and state.

The teacher seems to have had an extremely childish reaction, and lashed out. What she should have done was to explain to the kids the greatness of our Constitution that allows for freedom of religion and for the separation of church and state.

I would suspect this is exactly the reaction the religious zealots wanted to provoke, so they could get rid of a teacher whose beliefs did not mirror their own.

It would be interesting to know if this teacher is a humanist, or a wiccan, or Jewish, or Hindu or Buddist, or whatever.

I would not be in the least surprised if this does not end up in a lawsuit with the teacher claiming her religous freedom and free speech rights were violated.

Why cannot people just let other people live their lives without interference?
    You're splitting hairs here. Freedom of speech does not come into play with this incident. Professional behavior and responsibility however, do. What teacher would denigrate her students in such a way? A really, really bad one at best; a danger to our children that must be excised at worst.

What is really going on here, you ask? At first sight, and by the woman's sirname, the logical assumption is that she is probably a muslim. Muslims have made it no secret that they despise us and aspire to destroy us, it is their religious conviction to do so. If all took was a bible on her desk to incite her, my assumption is probably correct, as a reasonable person would have explained to the child that the book had no place in the classroom, and would have respectfully requested it not be brought in again. In this case, I'd say the reaction of the school district was pretty mild.

We cannot allow our enemies to kill us with our own kindness, or box us in with our own laws, for if we do, then our laws are utterly useless. Perhaps that is what they set out to prove? Rhetorical question.

No, I think she needs to be fired and her teaching certificate revoked. The parents should be screaming bloody murder and demanding their children be removed from her classroom if she remains employed in the district.
    The only thing I agree with is that the teacher should not have talked about her job on Facebook. To me, that is a punishable offense.

However, Bettybb is right on the mark. I can see that you are a christian, and are threatened by another religion. It is that viewpoint that has led to the deaths of MILLIONS and MILLIONS of people since religion was invented (yes, religion was invented by man, not God). Your judgement (matthew 1:1 "judge not lest ye be judged) of other people's ideals are frightening to me. I have muslim friends, and I can assure you, they aren't terrorists. As long as you are going to generalize other religions ONLY because it doesn't fit your faith, I think ALL christians a dumb, ignorant, hypocrites!! See? I can do it too! It doesn't make it true about all christians though, right? I know plenty of good christians that actually don't hate muslims and other religions, and they don't JUDGE me for having differing opinions!! Image that!!

So Melena, am I going to hell or what? I am being serious here, when I pray tonight, I will to ask God to rid you of the judgement and hate that has allowed to eat away at the beautiful, pure soul that you have. I will pray that He enlightens you, so you will have the same ability to love thy neighbor, because that is all God really wants. He lives in ALL of us, experiencing our loves, our passions, even our fears and sorrows. All of us are connected by God, and to the universe and every being that resides with us within this vast cosmos. The earth is nothing but a tiny rock in a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam of one of TRILLIONS of planets like our own.

How truly insignificant our wars, religions, and way of life are when looking at that pic, taken by Voyager 1 many years ago. Looking at the universe as a whole should show people that their posturing has no place on this planet.
    No the teacher should not have criticized the kids on Facebook, and she should have taken the incident to the school board first. But it may well be that the community is so prejudiced against her that that route was not a real option.

I also know many good, decent Muslims, who just ignore the bad parts of their religion, just like I know many good, decent Christians who also ignore the bad parts of their religion. Though I must say, there is an awlful lot to ignore in Islam.

Frankly, I think we would be much better off in this world without any religion. Look what it does to people! Kids being nasty to a Muslim teacher. A Muslim teacher being nasty back to the kids. Yeeck.
    Take a stand or all there will be left to do is to ask the last person in the country we once called America to lower the flag one last time.

Bible Hate Crime

The phrase "seperation of church and state" is not in the U.S. constitution. The word seperation and the word church do not appear. You will find the phrase "seperation of church and state in the old Soviet Constitution of the former USSR.

Re: Bible Hate Crime

Quote Originally Posted by SnidlyWhiplash
    The phrase "seperation of church and state" is not in the U.S. constitution. The word seperation and the word church do not appear. You will find the phrase "seperation of church and state in the old Soviet Constitution of the former USSR.
    LOL!! You do know that our forefathers were against religion, right? It's ironic that people in the neo-con movement like to use Thomas Paine as an example, when in fact he was completely against religion. FACT: America was NOT founded on christian beliefs, rather than a separation of those beliefs. That's why Jefferson had his own bible that took out all the ignorant portions of the bible, and that's why America was founded to begin with. To escape the tyranny of the Church so people could have their own beliefs without persecution from others. Unfortunately now, many christians have ther head so far up their butt that they can't even pick up a history book because it goes against what they think reality is.
    Don't think about all the things you fear, just be glad you're here.

It is shorthand

The terms separation of church and state is shorthand for the principle outlined in our Constitution as envisoned by our Founding Fathers. They explained it rather nicely in all their written works.

What isIslam started to be taught in our schools? Or Wiccan? If that happened I bet you would be running to the ACLU screaming "separation of church and state" !

Those who want America to be religoius state think it would be Christian. The problem is, once you open the box, you will not be able to control what happens.

Our Founding Fathers knew that. Smart men.
    Take a stand or all there will be left to do is to ask the last person in the country we once called America to lower the flag one last time.

DarthIllegal wrote:

The only thing I agree with is that the teacher should not have talked about her job on Facebook. To me, that is a punishable offense.

However, Bettybb is right on the mark. I can see that you are a christian, and are threatened by another religion. It is that viewpoint that has led to the deaths of MILLIONS and MILLIONS of people since religion was invented (yes, religion was invented by man, not God). Your judgement (matthew 1:1 "judge not lest ye be judged) of other people's ideals are frightening to me. I have muslim friends, and I can assure you, they aren't terrorists. As long as you are going to generalize other religions ONLY because it doesn't fit your faith, I think ALL christians a dumb, ignorant, hypocrites!! See? I can do it too! It doesn't make it true about all christians though, right? I know plenty of good christians that actually don't hate muslims and other religions, and they don't JUDGE me for having differing opinions!! Image that!!

So Melena, am I going to hell or what? I am being serious here, when I pray tonight, I will to ask God to rid you of the judgement and hate that has allowed to eat away at the beautiful, pure soul that you have. I will pray that He enlightens you, so you will have the same ability to love thy neighbor, because that is all God really wants. He lives in ALL of us, experiencing our loves, our passions, even our fears and sorrows. All of us are connected by God, and to the universe and every being that resides with us within this vast cosmos. The earth is nothing but a tiny rock in a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam of one of TRILLIONS of planets like our own.

First, you don’t have a clue as to my religious affiliation. I spoke my piece from the prospective of an American, one whose nation is under siege by many destructive forces, not the least lethal of which is the very religious fanaticism you accuse me of, both Muslim and Christian. Failure to recognize this and respond accordingly is suicide. Your reluctance to acknowledge this scares the bejeezus out of me.

Second, you’re damned right about the actions of the children. However, in my neck of the woods we have an expectation of our teachers to respond to such things in a professional manner. We handle them in house with the parents, in private. We do not hold our children up to ridicule from total strangers. Also, the comments on Facebook served to reinforce the fears of the community regarding Muslims, and furthermore were a direct insult/injury to the children. Who is the grownup in all this?

Third, how dare you accuse me of hateful judgment when you know nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing about me? Perhaps it is the hatred within your own soul that causes you to perceive only evil and vitriol in what see and hear. Who do you think you are to judge me?

I find it ironic that you rant about the excersizing of religious judgment, yet you pound the pulpit at me like a Baptist preacher warning of eternal damnation. What's your point? Re-read your post, and then if the shoe fits, well you go ahead and wear it.

Whether you go to hell or not is between you and your maker. Please spend your precious prayers on someone who needs them. As for me on my judgement day, that is also between me and my maker. I'll thank you to stay out of it.
    <div>
    </div>

Re: Bible Hate Crime

Quote Originally Posted by DarthIllegal
    Quote Originally Posted by SnidlyWhiplash
    LOL!! You do know that our forefathers were against religion, right? It's ironic that people in the neo-con movement like to use Thomas Paine as an example, when in fact he was completely against religion. FACT: America was NOT founded on christian beliefs, rather than a separation of those beliefs. That's why Jefferson had his own bible that took out all the ignorant portions of the bible, and that's why America was founded to begin with. To escape the tyranny of the Church so people could have their own beliefs without persecution from others. Unfortunately now, many christians have ther head so far up their butt that they can't even pick up a history book because it goes against what they think reality is.
    You are correct. A lot of preachers have been spewing propaganda to their flocks, in a holier than thou movement to create religious state. Many of our Founding Fathers were not only NOT CHRISTIAN, but they detested the Chrisitan faith..Jefferson is rather clear on that point.

In fact, even Lincoln was not on board for Christianity. He stated that the bible was NOT his book.

The problem is with religion, that people just feel compelled to impose their views on others. In other words,, tryanny.

Re: It is shorthand

Quote Originally Posted by Bettybb
    The terms separation of church and state is shorthand for the principle outlined in our Constitution as envisoned by our Founding Fathers. They explained it rather nicely in all their written works.

What isIslam started to be taught in our schools? Or Wiccan? If that happened I bet you would be running to the ACLU screaming "separation of church and state" !

Those who want America to be religoius state think it would be Christian. The problem is, once you open the box, you will not be able to control what happens.

Our Founding Fathers knew that. Smart men.
    Exactly, they have NO qualms at all whatsoever about FORCING their beliefs on others, while demonizing others. The neo-con christian movement is trying to make darn sure that their beliefs are forced upon others. Abortion is the PERFECT example. I don't like it, but who am I in the eyes of God to tell another person what to do, ESPECIALLY when God gave us freewill? I am NOT God, yet many "christians" think they are.
    Don't think about all the things you fear, just be glad you're here.

Bettybb wrote:

No the teacher should not have criticized the kids on Facebook, and she should have taken the incident to the school board first. But it may well be that the community is so prejudiced against her that that route was not a real option.

I also know many good, decent Muslims, who just ignore the bad parts of their religion, just like I know many good, decent Christians who also ignore the bad parts of their religion. Though I must say, there is an awlful lot to ignore in Islam.

Frankly, I think we would be much better off in this world without any religion. Look what it does to people! Kids being nasty to a Muslim teacher. A Muslim teacher being nasty back to the kids. Yeeck.
    Perhaps this is part of the problem for Muslims in this country, the reluctance to get involved to correct these atrocities is one of the things that allow them to perpetuate. Who is responsible for it? Me? You? DarthIllegal?

No, they are the ones responsible for addressing the horrors perpetuated within their religion. Failure to do so is equally as reprehensible as doing the deeds themselves. Remember, all it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing. So they don't get to sit back and say "Oh well", that makes them part of the problem.

And Americans are just supposed to suck it up, forgive and forget, while all the while we are at risk from these fanatics (not just the religious ones either, the political as well).

As for your views on religion, I concur. Religion has done nothing but wreak havok in the world, and under no circumstances should it be confused with spirituality or faith. They are two entirely different things.
    <div>
    </div>

Darth and Betty,

Do either of you recognize how hypocritical you are? You pound and insult the audacity of Christianity’s influence, yet you demand its principle be applied to everyone across the board. Have you considered the possibility that the children’s motives may have possibly been pure? That maybe, just maybe they like this teacher and wanted to share that which they held dear with her? No, not little children. They must have meant her harm.

As for the separation of church and state, I offer the following:

[quote]Where can I find separation of church and state in the constitution?
    Although most people believe the words "separation of church and state" are actually in the U.S. Constitution, the words cannot be found there. Rather, they are words penned by Thomas Jefferson in a letter which explains the First Amendment of the Constitution or at least Jefferson’s view of it. The actual words in the First Amendment of the Constitution read as follows: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. . . ."

“Wall of separation between church and stateâ€
    <div>
    </div>

This teacher is making a lot out of nothing, just because she feels she can. Her job is to make sure her students can read, so if they wish to read the Bible, or something recently published by Satan, that will be the choice between the kids and their parents. Her job is to make sure they read and have the basic skills. She could have shown she was a grown up and should have sweetly thanked whoever gave her the Bible.
    Kids this age are feeling their way around, looking for their source of power over others. And if she does not understand that, she is a sorry excuse for a teacher.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast