Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Billionaires ‘make out like bandits': Fox News host smacks down Ben Carson’s flat tax

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Billionaires ‘make out like bandits': Fox News host smacks down Ben Carson’s flat tax

Billionaires ‘make out like bandits': Fox News host smacks down Ben Carson’s Bible-based flat tax

DAVID EDWARDS
    10 MAY 2015 AT 11:52 ET

Ben Carson speaks to Fox News (screen grab)

Fox News host Chris Wallace on Sunday grilled Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson’s plan to institute a flat tax plan that experts have said would give a massive break to the wealthiest Americans.

Carson said that under his flat tax plan, earners would “pay according to your ability.”

“I got that idea, quite frankly, from the Bible — tithing,” he explained. “You make $10 billion a year, you pay a billion. You make $10 a year, you pay one. You get the same rates. That’s pretty darn fair if you ask me.”

“Now some people say poor people can’t afford to pay that dollar. That’s very condescending,” he continued. “I can tell you that poor people have pride too. And they don’t want to be just taken care of.”

“Doctor, here is the problem with the flat tax in the real world,” Wallace noted. “According to the Tax Policy Center, to raise the same amount of revenue we do now, the tax rate would have to be in the low to mid 20 percent range. Low and middle income families would get a big tax hike while wealthy families would actually get a big tax cut.”

“That’s actually not — I don’t agree with that assessment,” Carson insisted. “Because I’ve been in contact with many economists. And in fact, if you eliminate the loopholes and the deductions then you’re really talking about a rate somewhere between 10 and 15 percent.”

Wallace pressed: “I’ve got to tell you that outside experts we talked to, you’re talking in the 20s… For instance, you talked about low-income families. Not only don’t they pay, they actually get an earned income tax credit. Now, you’re going to have them paying 10 to 15 percent of whatever income they have or 20 percent if my experts are right.”

“I’ve got to tell you, a lot of independent studies say that the people who make out like bandits in this are the wealthy,” the Fox News host added.

Carson did not specifically address whether low-income earners would be hurt by a fair tax, but argued that there were “a number of things involved.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/bill...ased-flat-tax/

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I couldn't find this video on the site listed and it took a few different searches to locate it, but here is the video. "smack down" indicates that these folk are probably not Big Carson supporters. I like the guy, but Ben is not very Presidential.

He's killing his campaign supporting the flat income tax instead of the FairTax, national retail sales tax. The flat income tax accomplishes nothing and the critics are right, it does tax the poo. He should have supported the FairTax, national retail sales tax, instead which does not tax the poor.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    He's killing his campaign supporting the flat income tax instead of the FairTax, national retail sales tax. The flat income tax accomplishes nothing and the critics are right, it does tax the poo. He should have supported the FairTax, national retail sales tax, instead which does not tax the poor.
    My problem with diverting congress's attention from secure borders and deportation is this: we have a Congress proven to be unable to walk and chew gum at the same time. Do not give them more than one issue at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    My problem with diverting congress's attention from secure borders and deportation is this: we have a Congress proven to be unable to walk and chew gum at the same time. Do not give them more than one issue at a time!
    Yes, I know! But if people would take the time to fully understand the FairTax, they would learn that it protects American Jobs from both illegal immigration and free trade treason so it's actually more of a jobs/immigration/trade bill than a tax bill, it's just changing the way we collect federal tax in a non-mandatory but simplified way that is designed to promote, protect and secure American Jobs, American Business, American Trade, American Citizens, American Taxpayers and American Liberty.

So, one could say that the FairTax legislation is: America's Bill.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    While the flat tax may do most of its damage to the poor, the unfair tax does most of its damage to the middle class. IMO, pushing the flat tax or the so-called fair tax plan will not aid a candidate in obtaining the presidency.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Yes, I know! But if people would take the time to fully understand the FairTax, they would learn that it protects American Jobs from both illegal immigration and free trade treason so it's actually more of a jobs/immigration/trade bill than a tax bill, it's just changing the way we collect federal tax in a non-mandatory but simplified way that is designed to promote, protect and secure American Jobs, American Business, American Trade, American Citizens, American Taxpayers and American Liberty.

So, one could say that the FairTax legislation is: America's Bill.
    Okay, now you've got me snorting Dr. Pepper on my keyboard!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    While the flat tax may do most of its damage to the poor, the unfair tax does most of its damage to the middle class. IMO, pushing the flat tax or the so-called fair tax plan will not aid a candidate in obtaining the presidency.
    The FairTax does no damage to anyone. Is that why you hate it?

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Okay, now you've got me snorting Dr. Pepper on my keyboard!
    Pass America's Bill Now! Yep, I like that.

America's Bill, FairTax legislation: HR 25 in the US House of Representatives and S 155 in the US Senate.

(I hope that Dr. Pepper is sugar free, otherwise, you've got a sticky mess to clean up. )

MW
    The FairTax does no damage to anyone. Is that why you hate it?
    Almost every mainstream economists will tell you that consumption taxes are the most regressive taxes and hurt the working poor and middle class. The flat tax (several varying plans) and so-called fair tax plan are not new ideas and both have been debated heavily with neither plan really making a lot of progress in gaining voter confidence or favor over the years. It's beyond me why you waste so much of your time pushing such a DOA plan, but it's your life, your choice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast