Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinwaukegan
    Forgive me...so much to keep up on. When will the bill the dream act is tacked onto come up for a vote?

When Durbin comes up for reelection we Illinoisians will try to find a better candidate.
    They are trying to stick it in anything that will pass, yesterday they tried it in the Defence bill, I heard alittle while ago it in the higher education bill that is on the floor as we speak, the traitors want this bad!!!

We are calling and telling them NO on the Dream Act stop trying to bury it in anything and everything !!! The taxpayer will not pay for in state tuition for illegal alien who should not be here!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

April
    The text of Dream Act Ammendments.

Click on links:

http://www.thomas.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?r ... U0:e120376:

http://www.thomas.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?r ... i6:e109029:

TITLE XXXIII--DREAM ACT OF 2007
    Page: S9276
    Page: S9277
    http://www.thomas.gov/cgi-bin/query/R?r ... 001:S09276

It's obvious the trolls are hitting the DREAM action alerts hard because they want the threads deleted. It's best to keep this thread clear of any disruptions or differing opinions. If they want to debate, let them start a new thread.
    TexasCowgirl hit's the shot and its.....Dead Solid Perfect

Re: Any comments on the content?

I thought this letter was outstanding and I used it for my faxes that I just sent!
    I faxed Hutchinson, Cornyn and Kyl.
    If you had a busy week like me, get those faxes, calls and emails in! It's getting close!

Quote Originally Posted by JEyre
    Any comments or criticism on the content??? I want to make it very clear but thorough.

Senator Mikulski,

Regarding bill S.774...

The cost of attending college has become prohibitive to many American citizens and, as I am sure you know, with global competition become more fierce than ever due to outsourcing and improved education in other countries, our children need to be afforded the most and best opportunities to compete and continue the tradition of success that makes our country a great place to live. Allowing illegal aliens to receive in-state tuition and financial aid, through state or federal sponsored programs, where many American citizens can't and don't qualify is a discriminatory process that not only robs Americans of more resources to be able to attend college, but creates more competition for the limited amount of college openings available. I am sure you agree that American children are the first line of the future of this country and should be given every opportunity to succeed in life.

S.774 rewards people who have, most likely through their parents' conscious and informed choice, disregarded the immigration laws of the United States. Receiving in-state tuition over American born students who would never be given the same exception is patently unfair and wrong. Illegal aliens should not be allowed to receive tax payer or government support to attend college, period, let alone at the expense or exclusion of American children. I have also read that this bill is tied to exceptions and citizenship benefits for illegal aliens who serve in the military. Is it not incredibly dangerous to enlist undocumented entrants in the military when it is not even clear what country they come from or what their true background is making it even more difficult to know their true intentions? I fully support the opportunity of legal immigrants regarding their military service to our great country and would never think to refuse a legitimate volunteer's sacrifice towards becoming an American citizen.

Senator Mikulski, I can only hope that we stand together in support of the most comprehensive and fair opportunities for American born students. The logical stance, in our current overly generous and unfortunate coddling of illegal aliens, would be that not one child of an illegal alien would get a cent from our taxpayers if there is an American born student going without a college education. And we both know that there are many who can not go no matter how badly they want. Let's take care of our own needy children before someone else's.

Thank you
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

April

Re: Any comments on the content?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasCowgirl
    I thought this letter was outstanding and I used it for my faxes that I just sent!
    I faxed Hutchinson, Cornyn and Kyl.
    If you had a busy week like me, get those faxes, calls and emails in! It's getting close!
    Yes and there is no telling what these traitors will try to pull next. The good thing is they know we are on to them and do not trust them in the least. ROAR ON Patriots!

Here's another sample letter. 1585 can be replaced with whatever bill/amendment they're trying to sneak it in under.

Dear Senator,

I strongly urge you to oppose allowing the DREAM Act to be attached as an amendment to H.R. 1585, the Department of Defense Authorization Bill.

Attaching this amendment to unrelated legislation that is likely to pass is a tactic by those that are unmindful of the damage illegal immigration has brought to our nation. It is a tactic to blatantly disregard the will of the American people.

The DREAM Act is nothing more than a “back doorâ€

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011