Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by realbsball
    I posted this in another thread, but it needs to be here also.

Right now, it looks like 29 for and 29 against. That leaves 42.

The following are undecided:

Akaka, Allard, Bayh, Biden, Bingaman, Brown, Brownback, Burr, Cardin, Carper, Casey, Coleman, Conrad, Craig, Crapo, Dodd, Domeici, Dorgan, Feingold, Graham, Grassley, Gregg, Harkin, Hatch, Inouye, Johnson, Klobuchar, Kohl, Kyl, Lautenberg, Leahy, Levin, Lieberman, Lincoln, Lott, Lugar, McConnell, Mikulski, Murkowski, Pryor, Reed, Schumer, Smith, Snowe, Specter, Stabenow, Stevens, Voinovich, Warner, Webb, Whitehouse

At least 12 of the above must vote against to defeat
    Thanks for posting!

WAY TO GO PATRIOTS! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!

WE ARE UNSTOPPABLE!!!!

That is so funny SoSadForUs . At least they are hearing from us.

Jeremiah 29:11
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
    That is so funny SoSadForUs . At least they are hearing from us.

Jeremiah 29:11
    I got a kick out of it!!!

HEY realbsball
    ! thanks for the update, your alright, and thanks for joining in the fight!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Here is the letter I wrote my senator.

Senator -

I have been informed that you are unsure whether you will support the Dream Act or not when it is introduced to the Senate. The reasons you have to support the Dream Act are self-apparent: you have noticed America is falling behind the rest of the world in the hard sciences. I assure you the Dream Act is not the answer, because it is nothing but a short term fix. American children will continue to fall behind because of the current state of the public school systems.

Until we address the multitude of problems plaguing our education system, we will continue to chew up our young minds and do them great disservice in the process. The Dream Act will do nothing but feed the machine. You caused quite an uproar with your constituents during cloture of the defunct immigration reform debacle. Don't make the same mistake here.

Before you were a senator, your career was in business. Consider the Dream Act in the same manner. Do you rely on short term fixes for your own profit margin? If you are greedy and care nothing for the future, I suppose your answer is yes. Otherwise, you know we must consider the bigger picture. Children are indeed our future - American children! The voters of our state and Americans in general have already told you what they think of amnesty. I speak for my family, friends, and teachers when I say we don't want the Dream Act. It is amnesty by another name.

Sincerely,
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

What is the ID for this bill and when does it go up for vote?

Thanks!

Just like them to put a new face on something to attempt to try and get it past us!!!

Bill would grant citizenship for service

By Rick Maze - Staff writer
    Posted : Monday Jul 16, 2007 17:52:57 EDT

With the possible backing of the Pentagon, the Senate’s second-ranking Democrat will offer an amendment to the 2008 defense authorization bill that allows some undocumented immigrants to receive citizenship through military service.

The Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors Act, or DREAM Act, would allow someone who was younger than 16 when they came to the U.S., has been in the country for at least five years and graduated from high school to become a legal immigrant by serving two years in the military.

“It turns out that many in the Department of Defense believe, as I do, that the DREAM Act is an important part of making certain we have talented young men and women ready to serve in our military,â€
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

JEyre, The rats are slipping it into a defence bill , read the above article, so there is no bill number, I'm telling you they will stop at nothing.

The text of Durbin's bill is located at the following link:

S.774 - The DREAM Act of 2007

To amend the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 to permit States to determine State residency for higher education purposes and to authorize the cancellation of removal and adjustment of status of certain alien students who are long-term United States residents and who entered the United States as children, and for other purposes.
    http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c ... 110B84LtL::

I'll see if I can find what it is attached to.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    JEyre, The rats are slipping it into a defence bill , read the above article, so there is no bill number, I'm telling you they will stop at nothing.
    Thanks for the clarification! It was difficult to get straight info so I could talk about it properly in correspondence.

Quote Originally Posted by apropos
    The text of Durbin's bill is located at the following link:

S.774 - The DREAM Act of 2007

To amend the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 to permit States to determine State residency for higher education purposes and to authorize the cancellation of removal and adjustment of status of certain alien students who are long-term United States residents and who entered the United States as children, and for other purposes.
    http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c ... 110B84LtL::

I'll see if I can find what it is attached to.
    Another thanks to Apropos!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast