Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I watched these hearing on C-span 2 last night and I was appalled ... first when it started Schumer, Cornyn, Feinstein and a couple others ......they took a 10 min break to go vote and Schumer was the only one to come back...

They had 2 panels of 4 too testify...7 liberals for amnesty and 1 conservative against...what a joke!!

What Greenspan said that appalled me the most was illegals are good for the economy and that now we live in a global world and we need legal and illegals to drive down Americans wages to come more in line with the rest of the world so we can compete...His whole testimony was so un or anti-American and down right pathetic.

Kris Kobach was the only one who made any common sense and spoke with statistics and how you would overwhelme customs and immigration trying to process that many people and how many years it would take to do it...what a joke, this would cost the American taxpayer Billions upon Billions.

He also quoted the latest Rassmuson Poll that 67 percent of Americans do not want another amnesty.

Schumer was so rude to Kobach I could not believe it...then Schumer asked him if he thought this was amnesty and would he go for an amnesty...he said yes the amnesty I would go for is dropping the 10 year penalty to apply to come into the U.S. legally, I would send them all back to their country to get in line behind everyone else.

He said their pathway was an amnesty, (example) if someone was arrested for armed robbery, you would fine them , they would serve their time but you would not reward them with the money they stole.

Basically it was a Democratic Joke!! such a joke the rest of the Senators must have been to0 embarrassed to sit in on it!!

BTW....what happen to separation of church and state!!! why would a minister be allowed to testify at an immigration hearing???
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

3:50 PM: Greenspan questioned about whether legal immigration is good for economy. Greenspan- yes, absolutely. Immigration raises wages of native-born, except for very, very few cases.

A bald-faced lie from a very intelligent and influencial man. Immigration, both legal and illegal, has lowered wages across the board - from formerly unionized janitors and meat-packing plant workers (replaced by illegal aliens) to computer technicians and engineers (replaced by legal H-1B Visa holders).
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    One of the last things Schumer said was " THE CONGRESSIONAL RECORD WILL BE OPEN FOR SEVEN DAYS." This is really important. It is the chance to send some authoritative reports and testimony to support Kobach and contradict the simpleton comments of Greenspan, Medina, et al.

I agree Capt.Ron, absolutely.

Now, just so that everyone can stay focused on the same page, offering the most compelling and indisputable of facts as possible, can you see your way to suggesting some guidelines as to the main points we might want to stress and where to find the information?
    Absolutely. Schumer's thesis is that the esential problem isn't that we are trying to fit a third world culture into our modern society...it is that these people have not been legalized (via an amnesty). My experience with politicians is that they will listen to an "academic expert" with credentials from an Ivy League school, before they will listen to a US citizen facing the circumstances on a daily basis. Even if they have to pay the expert huge amouts of money as a "consultant."

So, first, I would use offical US government news reports and studies. Congress appropriated the money for these, they had better be accurate! A few months ago I posted a link to a Federal Trade Commission report that showed the states where ID theft crimes were most prevalent. Guess where. CA. AZ, TX, FL. So if someone submitted a report like that along with actual stories from people of how ID theft has ruined their lives that would help.

I have been sending the official news releases from ICE and CBP to my senators for quite some time. There are annual reports available from these agencies. There are the Drug Enforcement Administration reports.
    Statistics from state and county law enforcement agencies would be another source. Perhaps someone can get some studies that would break down crimes by ethnic group.

Secondly, on the academic side, one person who has done an incredible amount of work is Philip Martin at the U. Of California, Davis Campus. He is at ground zero, in the Central Valley, and his books and articles have both an economic analysis and a sociological perspective. I think his research most clearly shows how immigrant advocacy groups have thwarted technological progress in US agriculture. This is one issue Schumer's panel discussed, with some really ridiculous comments. The reality is that US agriculture is slowly slipping in competitiveness because it hasn't mechanized at the pace of other modern countries AND becauise we can not pay only a few dollars a day to farmworkers, like big agribusiness in Mexico or Brazil can. Prof. Martin will touch on these issues too. To call the people on that panel "labor experts" is ridiculous. If the US was still harvesting wheat, corn, soybeans, potatoes, etc, by hand we would be starving. Feinstein was badly informed, I thought.

Thirdly, real life personal accounts would be good I think. Maybe there is an organization that has collected these. How about unemployment statistics for US teenagers and college people?

I have never submitted anything to the US Congressional Record, so I don't know what rules they have. A congressman's office should be able to inform us, though. I am looking on the web as time allows.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sosad, was Sens. Sessions and Grassley there & did they say anything?

And how was Kyl? I read that he said "secure the border first" ... but also read that he said he wants to work on CIR amnesty with Schumer now.

April
    FREE SPEECH IN DANGER, PLEASE GO HERE AND TAKE ACTION!!!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-892048.html#892048

Sessions wasn't there. Only five Senators (out of 12, I think)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Sosad, was Sens. Sessions and Grassley there & did they say anything?

And how was Kyl? I read that he said "secure the border first" ... but also read that he said he wants to work on CIR amnesty with Schumer now.
    I missed the first couple minutes and the only ones I seen were Cornyn, Schumer, Feinstein, I did not see Kyl at all!....they only did part of the opening speeches and then had to go to the floor for a vote, the only one who came back was Schumer...I heard Cornyn make a speech before they left and Feinstein about the AG'S bill she wants included.

Sessions was probably to embarrased to be on such a biased panel!! too bad as he was the reason I was willing to stay up until Midnight to see the hearing.

Still glad watched it, just to hear the stupid testimony of Greenspan but also to hear Kobach...baiscally it was a joke!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I called my Senator's office regarding submitting information to the Congressional Record. They were not aware of any rules. They said just send it to them and they would seek to have it included, but they did not know for certain if every submission was included.

I wiould like to see Eliseo Medina expelled from that commission or panel. A main strategyoh his is to keep illegal aliens, who have become his members, here. That is why unions have been hiring Hispanics like him as organizers.

Good going Captainron.

Here's brief info about the Congressional Record:

http://www.gpoaccess.gov/crecord/about.html

Also, why do we need new anti discrimination laws. Don't we have enought or do the mexicans get their own special anti discrimination laws. What about discrimination laws for white americans?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast