Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Blowback Against Idaho Governor over Refugee Decision was Fierce

Blowback Against Idaho Governor over Refugee Decision was Fierce

03/03/2020 ~ Ann Corcoran

Rarely do we get any reports on how many citizens take time to contact elected officials about their unhappiness with the refugee admissions program.

Governor Little with Mr. Chobani Yogurt in Twin Falls. Twin Falls is number 10 in the top cities in the nation ‘welcoming’ refugees on a per capita basis.*** Any wonder why the governor jumped on the bandwagon for more refugees for Idaho.So it was interesting to see that in Idaho citizens took action in a big way to criticize their Republican governor when he encouraged the US State Department to send Idaho more refugees and thus went against the President’s reform effort.

Unfortunately I can give you only a tiny snippet of this story as it is behind a paywall. Surely some Idahoans will subscribe to the Idaho Press for the whole story.

Records show opposition to refugees, Gov. Little’s work to support resettlement program

Gov. Brad Little’s decision to continue to allow refugee resettlement in Idaho wasn’t out of step with his colleagues elsewhere, writes Post Register reporter Nathan Brown. Nineteen Republican governors told the Trump administration in December and January they wanted to keep taking refugees, with just Texas Gov. Greg Abbott asking to opt out.

Not everyone was happy with it. Facebook comments and Twitter replies on Little’s accounts quickly filled with people angry at his decision, and hundreds of people contacted his office to express their displeasure.

Documents provided in response to a public records request show both the scale of the blowback and his administration’s work to present facts to justify the governor’s decision.

Go here for a link to the full story.

I’m excited to see that some publication used the state’s public information law to put some cleansing sunshine on the issue.

***To see if your city ranks in the Top 100 cities welcoming refugees, see my post yesterday.
    And, go here for my Twin Falls archive.

https://refugeeresettlementwatch.org/

ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

All refugees should be put in Safe Zone near their homes.

Let the U.N. foot the ENTIRE costs for it. All countries should be paying for this out of the U.N. budget.

Europe and USA should not be taking in these people. We cannot take in and pay for millions upon millions of these people and their overbreeding in poverty.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL