Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Boston Tea Party 07

ttp://digg.com/political_opinion/Upside ... Arrest_Dea th_Threats

It staggers my mind how many people I meet each day who know the details about Paris Hilton's jail time, where to get the best deal on an i phone, and how the Harry Potter ordeal ends. Yet when I ask them if they are planning to vote for Ron Paul, the ask, "Who is that?"

It numbs my mind, that Hillory can actually be leading the polls. I am equally dazed and confused as to, how one could possibly support the Democratic party. And I'm beginning to wonder about the Republicans.

ON EVERY FRONT, people and the media are flabbergasted on the issues of WHY is our government NOT upholding and enforcing MANY of our laws? Laws which are on the books and concern national security, and national health, and national freedom! We as a people are being mocked, and trivialized, and ignored by our government, and president. I am ashamed of my congressmen, and my president. Yet our political parties are so focused on PARTY and not PEOPLE that they will not enact impeachment or demand law enforcement.

If you do not own an American flag, shame on you. Go get one. Skip your latte' or donut for a week, it won't kill you.

I hereby propose to my fellow citizens and patriots, that we as a nation of PEOPLE, demand that our civil and constitutional rights and laws be enforced by our government, and that as an act of solidarity and unity we fly our flag upside down , with great respect for it's symbolism at the same time, until our nation is restored to the will of the people.

Wayne Larry Harvey
    Boston Massachusetts
    July, 21, 2007

Is it okay to display the flag upside down to protest the war? The Flag Code (see below) states that the flag flying upside down is used as a sign of imminent danger. It is an unreasonable stretch to argue that the political purposes constitute "dire distress." We recommend that people who wish to express their political views find a way to do so that is respectful of the flag. Remember that to some the flag represents the government of the US and its policies; but it also represents the promise as yet unfulfilled of the Declaration, it represents our freedom of speech, our freedom to practice or not practice religion as we choose, it represents American values, it represents one nation in its glory, it represents hope for a better future, and importantly it represents the sacrifices made in all generations to protect our freedoms.

Section 8a. The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

What say ye?

Nice sentiments. And yes, MANY Americans are still to busy and caught up with their lives that they give NO time to what is happening in our country. They rely on sound bites from CNN and Fox News. In their defense, they are required to work more now because of the squeeze the middle class is feeling from the assault on both fronts.

That is why it is important that we EDUCATE as many people as we can. I am in Sales and I deal with people that have horrible credit. But I always try to educate them on what our government is up too.
    "If you always do what You've always done, You'll always get what you always got!"

“If you ain’t mad, you ain’t paying attention.â€

I understand what you are saying and as far as I am concerned our flag does not represent the US government, it represents the people of America and freedom, the government can get their own darn flag I have mine already and it was born in battle and baptised in blood by a lot of people better than me so that I could have a better way of life and live free.
    Fly your flag upside down if you will but at least fly it to show you are American.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Boston Tea Party 07

I'm going tomorrow to buy a flag for my car. I'll figure out a way to fly it upside down. I like your idea!
    We the People. You the Invader

We recommend that people who wish to express their political views find a way to do so that is respectful of the flag. Remember that to some the flag represents the government of the US and its policies; but it also represents the promise as yet unfulfilled of the
    OUR FLAG REPRESENTS "WE THE PEOPLE" OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. IT DOES NOT REPRESENT THE GOVERNMENT.

THE PEOPLE IN GOVERNMENT ARE MERELY REPRESENTATIVES FOR THE PEOPLE. THE GOVERNMENT IS NOT THE BODY OF THE USA.

NO ONE SHOULD BE FLYING THE FLAG UPSIDE DOWN. TO SHOW SADNESS OR DURESS, I GUESS IT COULD BE FLOWN AT HALF MAST......BUT NEVER UPSIDE DOWN. NEVER.

AND TO SHOW SOLIDARITY....JUST FLY THE FLAG. ISNT THAT THE WHOLE IDEA OF THE FLAG IN THE FIRST PLACE? TO EXPRESS SOLIDARITY OF THE PEOPLE?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    We recommend that people who wish to express their political views find a way to do so that is respectful of the flag. Remember that to some the flag represents the government of the US and its policies; but it also represents the promise as yet unfulfilled of the
    OUR FLAG REPRESENTS "WE THE PEOPLE" OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. IT DOES NOT REPRESENT THE GOVERNMENT.

THE PEOPLE IN GOVERNMENT ARE MERELY REPRESENTATIVES FOR THE PEOPLE. THE GOVERNMENT IS NOT THE BODY OF THE USA.

NO ONE SHOULD BE FLYING THE FLAG UPSIDE DOWN. TO SHOW SADNESS OR DURESS, I GUESS IT COULD BE FLOWN AT HALF MAST......BUT NEVER UPSIDE DOWN. NEVER.

AND TO SHOW SOLIDARITY....JUST FLY THE FLAG. ISNT THAT THE WHOLE IDEA OF THE FLAG IN THE FIRST PLACE? TO EXPRESS SOLIDARITY OF THE PEOPLE?
    Well said Red!

Section 8a. The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

So I guess the general consensus is that our country is not yet in "Dire distress or extreme danger to life and property" ?

I guess all the posts on various forums about "criminal aliens" who kill, rob, rape, and swindle are just for a lack of something else to discuss.

Thanks for the feedback. I will factor it in to all the rest which I gather.

Quote Originally Posted by badlarry

So I guess the general consensus is that our country is not yet in "Dire distress or extreme danger to life and property" ?

I guess all the posts on various forums about "criminal aliens" who kill, rob, rape, and swindle are just for a lack of something else to discuss.

Thanks for the feedback. I will factor it in to all the rest which I gather.
    badlarry -

I asked this same question a while back, after hearing that a group of Canadians were going to display their flag upside down as way of protesting the North American Union.

I thought this would be an excellent way of warning people of the threat our country is under from the NAU. This way, it can also be a perfect opportunity for us to explain our reasons behind it, if people come up and asked questions.

I personally don't see anything wrong with it because the intent is well meaning, and a form of distress is not a sign of weakness. It's like ringing a warning signal that all is not well and more people should start paying more attention. However, some vets on this board said they would be deeply offended if they saw anyone displaying the flag this way. In their opinion it IS a form of weakness.

As far as the Paris Hilton Issue - Did you notice how much FOX News was covering it ad nauseam? The other stations were carrying it too, but they went way beyond what was necessary. Did you also notice that this was happening during the battle in congress over the so called "comprehensive" immigration bill? It was so blatent.

That convinced me more than ever, that they are nothing more than a propaganda machine, getting people absorbed by such garbage as the life of Paris Hilton, rather than the serious nature of that immigration bill. If that doesn't wake people up I don't what will.