Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Brazilian friend LOST JOB! REFUSED to ADMIT ILLEGALS!

After OVER 2 1/2 YEARS of INTENSIVE seeking and suffering, my Brazilian friend was FINALLY HIRED to a GOOD-paying, FULL-time job as FINANCIAL administrator at Interactive Learning University in Dallas, TX, last March 31. This university SPECIALIZES in FOREIGN languages and COMPUTERS, and THIS was JUST RIGHT for my friend, with FIVE foreign languages and YEARS of COMPUTER experience as an educator! She MADE SURE she was ON TIME EVERY day and DID EVERYTHING her new job required. She was supposed to get a 90-DAY probationary period, and she was REALLY looking FORWARD to getting OUT of the Salvation Army and into a HOME of her OWN. She began to SAVE MONEY BIGTIME for THAT purpose! For awhile there, things were going SO WELL for my good friend, and we were all SO HAPPY for her! However, as OFTEN happens, when times are good, there comes the UNEASY feeling that it simply CAN'T LAST! Well, unfortunately, THAT is JUST what occurred LAST Tuesday, APRIL 15, 2008--after ONLY TWO WEEKS--the university DISMISSED her JUST like THAT! She was SO UPSET and NOBODY could BLAME her! She said that they simply FIRED her for being TOO SLOW and DIDN'T give her a PINK slip or OTHER dismissal document! I told her that was ILLEGAL! She filed a complaint against them at EEOC the NEXT day. I told my mother, and SHE couldn't believe it, either! She JUST GOT that job, my mom remarked, WHAT on earth is GOING ON?! I thought she was SUPPOSED to get 90 DAYS FIRST, Mom said. I replied that I DIDN'T know the WHOLE story just yet, but would REPORT BACK as soon as I did. For nearly the next week, the story seeped out of my friend in bits and pieces. Then today she told me that she strongly suspects that at least ONE of the reasons she was let go was because she had REFUSED to ADMIT ILLEGAL ALIENS to the university's FINANCIAL assisance program! She told me that a few times she encountered potential applicants who had NO PROPER DOCUMENTATION who NONETHELESS INSISTED on BEING ADMITTED! Because my friend is a LAW-abiding legal resident, she REFUSED to admit ANYONE who was ILLEGAL or SUSPECTED of being illegal! I COMMENDED her for UPHOLDING OUR laws even though it COST her BIGTIME! She deeply appreciated that and observed that doing what is RIGHT is what REALLY matters, REGARDLESS of the cost! Together with GOOD and CARING friends--the Massachusetts nurse friend who taught some years ago in Australia, the Mexican-turned-American Catholic priest, the Brazilian Catholic priest, and MANY more, we are now helping my Brazilian friend to find a NEW job. We're ALL hoping and praying that she'll get an even BETTER deal THIS time around!

don't blame us . it's the libs that want votes and the gop with cheap labor . A Mexican Consulate on every corner . Thank you BushCo , what a guy . NOT
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

joazinha I really commend your friend. She has more courage than a lot of people in this country. I believe that God will bless her with just the right job for her skills and her integrity.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    I think you have misunderstood the purpose of the 90-day probationary period. If a new hire is not working out within the 90-day period they can be dismissed without the normal fanfare than is required to fire a permanent hire. All they have do is say is claim she is not meeting expectations. Isn't it possible that she was a little slow? I'm sure she would have been told had she failed to follow university policy. I know she is your friend, however, it is possible that she was simply not working out - it happens. I'm sorry for her loss and I'm hopeful she'll find something else in the near future.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

she REFUSED to admit ANYONE who was ILLEGAL or SUSPECTED of being illegal! I COMMENDED her for UPHOLDING O snip...
    The one thing that worried me about what you said was the use of the word "suspected".

It may not be right to deny someone on mere suspicion.

Now if you were going to bean a politician on mere suspicion the dang odds would be in your favor.

Sorry to hear about your friend. I hear it is getting tough out there. I suspect illegal invaders are doing a lot of the jobs Americans won't do...

because they have been replaced by illegal invaders.

My Brazilian friend may have rejected one or several applicants for financial assistance because they may have had documents that LOOKED real, but were NOT and were later PROVEN to be counterfeit!

I think you have misunderstood the purpose of the 90-day probationary period. If a new hire is not working out within the 90-day period they can be dismissed without the normal fanfare than is required to fire a permanent hire.
    During that period you can find you have a very dilligent employee who doesn't let things slide and goes by the book and is then deemed a "problem child" because they won't break the rules and are doing there job and can cause problems for the higher ups if that knowledge was out there for everyone to see.

I know many who have been "let go" by a mindless excuse before that 90 day period because they knew too much and could cause serious problems....Many set you up and find reasons to lable you as a "disgruntled employee" even after that.....if you are a threat.

It works both ways.....unfortunatly...as a regular person.....you have limited recourse unless you have alot of money and time to prove it in a court of law. I've been in places where even a class action suit isn't enough to drag it out in court because of the Money issue. They know regular people have a monitary limit and they just play the legal game till they get their way. I mean we've heard the ACLU and alot of big organizations say they will bust the budget of citys dragging things out in court until people cave in......and then laugh about it.

They did that with K-Mart and their issue of firing aging employees...pharmicists was the last I remember and that was in Florida. It was true...it was happening....but they drug it on for years till people gave up......you can't raise a family and try and live your life when legal issues from a stupid job have you going for 10 years....keeping you from getting jobs....let alone all the court visits and such.....while they systematically create a counter move by firing witnesses, transfering people and all the rest. Heck they made it policy to NEVER know who your fellow employees or supervisors names were. You were given a number. Yes....you could talk to other employees and tell them your name....but if you were hanging out too much together......they switched your schedual...gave supervisors orders to never let you have break time together....they did everything to make sure the loose ends never got to meet the middle. They could fire you, transfere you....set you up to be fired....didn't matter. They left you being deaf, blind, dumb and alone if you wanted to keep your job.

How can you have 550 employees in a store and no-body knows nothing.......you terriorise them to silence.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)