Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

BREAKING: Perdue vetoes voter ID bill

RALEIGH, N.C. — Gov. Beverly Perdue on Thursday vetoed a controversial proposal to require voters to present photo identification before casting their ballots.

"The right to choose our leaders is among the most precious freedoms we have – both as Americans and North Carolinians," Perdue said in a statement. "North Carolinians who are eligible to vote have a constitutionally guaranteed right to cast their ballots, and no one should put up obstacles to citizens exercising that right."

House Bill 351 would require a person arriving at a voting precinct to show one of eight forms of photo ID, including a new voter card available for free from county election boards. Without the ID, people could still cast provisional ballots but would have to prove their identity later.

Republican lawmakers said the IDs would discourage voter fraud and ensure that people who come to the polls aren't turned away because someone unlawfully voted using their name. The bill was modeled on laws in Georgia and Indiana that have been upheld by the courts.

Democrats said voters already face a felony if they vote using someone else's name and point out the problem is rare. The State Board of Elections referred 43 cases of potential fraud to district attorneys in 2008 and 21 in 2010.

“We shouldn’t be surprised by how far the governor will go to score political points with the liberal wing of her party," Senate President Pro Tem Phil Berger said in a statement. "A measure that ensures voters are who they say they are is a no-brainer, and most North Carolinians agree. It’s a shame Gov. Perdue is playing politics with the integrity of elections.â€

House Bill 351 would require a person arriving at a voting precinct to show one of eight forms of photo ID, including a new voter card available for free from county election boards. Without the ID, people could still cast provisional ballots but would have to prove their identity later.
    OMG, unbelievable!! The ID requirements in this bill could not be any easier. The NC legislature can override this traitorous a$$'s veto, right?

Call the governor's office about this. It doesn't matter if you live in NC or not. Her veto allows illegal foreign nationals to vote in OUR national presidential election also. So her action affects all of us.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Glorious San Diego, and I intend on keeping it that way!!!

Re: BREAKING: Perdue vetoes voter ID bill

[quote="nomas"]RALEIGH, N.C. — Gov. Beverly Perdue on Thursday vetoed a controversial proposal to require voters to present photo identification before casting their ballots.

I had to read this twice to confirm what I was reading! This Gov is whacked out of her mind to veto this proposal! It never ceases to amaze me how corrupt this Country continues to be. Can this be repealed in some way, because this is just WRONG and unexceptable!
    <div>"Diversified"*does NOT*mean invading*our Country and forcing their culture and language,**stealing jobs,*using fake ID',s, living on government benefits, and flying their flag over ours! </div>

governor.office@nc.gov

Email Bev "Turncoat "Perdue and let her know how "pleased" you are with her veto!

Banned
    Once again unreal i will e-mail her tomorrow to show my displeasure.

Banned
    RIDICULOUS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by builditnow
    OMG, unbelievable!! The ID requirements in this bill could not be any easier. The NC legislature can override this traitorous a$$'s veto, right?
    My understanding is that an override is unlikely. It would require at least 5 Democrat Reps to vote to override. We shall see when the General Assembly reconvenes on July 13.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    governor.office@nc.gov

Email Bev "Turncoat "Perdue and let her know how "pleased" you are with her veto!
    Thanks will email