Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: BREAKING: Speaker Paul Ryan says Dreamers will Stay DACA

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Here is a portion of the CNN Transcript that covers the questions from Mary Ann Mendoza and the illegal alien activist.

The question she asked Speaker Ryan, the one where she asks if he wants her to be deported, is a staged question that other illegal aliens apparently use, including one who sent the question along with a photo of her and her family to the law firm of President Elect Donald Trump through email.

So Speaker Ryan makes a judgement from this one encounter that the young woman is someone we would want to stay here though she works against the American people.

TAPPER: You did it to yourself, man. All right, Marry Ann Mendoza is a realtor from Mesa, Arizona and she has a very serious question about this.

MARY ANN MENDOZA: Good evening, Speaker Ryan. My son, Brandon Mendoza was a Sergeant with the Mesa, Arizona Police Department. He was killed on May 12, 2014 by a three-time legal limit drunk, high on meth, repeat illegal criminal who smashed head-on in a violent head-on collision on my son - to my son on his way home from work. We now have Mayors who are creating sanctuary cities and using taxpayer money to protect these illegals. What do Americans have who are permanently affected by illegal crime? We've got politicians protecting them, we have court systems that are allowing them to stay in the country, and I'd really like to ask those Mayors, which child of yours would you choose to lose in order for illegals to stay here because that's the price I've had to pay? And I want to know how you're going to stand by our new President Trump elect, ending sanctuary cities, securing our borders, building a wall, properly vetting refugees who are coming in to stop the assault on our country, our citizens and our economy? Are you going to stand up for America, Speaker Ryan?

RYAN: First, let me say I'm so sorry for your loss.

MARY ANN MENDOZA: Thank you.

RYAN: You just made me think of a Sheriff Deputy (inaudible) we lost the same way, a multiple illegal immigrant drunk driving, head-on collision, going down the interstate. It's just awful. Donald and I agree completely on that. There is no daylight between us on that. So what I mean that sanctuary cities are a violation of the Rule of Law and they are not to be tolerated, we agree with that a 100 percent. That means if you want Federal assistance, you're not going to get it, you got to enforce the law. And what the President-elect has asked us to do is focus on two things in Congress, with respect to this issue immediately and that's what we're doing. We're getting Congress working on that right now and that is to secure the border, and to enforce our laws with respect to criminal - violent criminals who are illegal aliens. We 100 percent agree with that because we are a nation of laws that need to support our laws. For instance, we're now working on legislation to make sure that the resources are deployed to the border, so that they can get what they need to secure the border. We passed this law - I voted for this - 2006, I think, about ten years ago, to secure our border and it never got done because of this past administration.

We now have a President who is serious about securing the border. He's telling us it's one of the top six things I want to get done this year in Congress. So we said, absolutely. So, what I'm telling you is we support that, agree with that. And now, not only that, we're working on how to execute that in this new Congress.

TAPPER: Thank you, Mary Ann.

RYAN: I'm sorry about your loss.

MARY ANN: I just want to say one other thing. Do you know how many lives have been lost by repeat, deported criminals who are coming over our unsecured border? If we don't have a wall and we deport these criminals, they will keep coming back, killing more of us.

RYAN: That is why the two things that he has asked us to focus on is deporting violent criminals, who are repeat offenders, and securing the border. We agree and that's what we're working on.

TAPPER: Thank you, Mary Ann. And our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I want to bring in now Angelica Villalobos. She lives in Oklahoma City. She was brought to the United States illegally from Mexico when she was 11 years old, so clearly through no fault of her own.

ANGELICA VILLALOBOS: Thank you, Speaker Ryan. My name is Angelica Villalobos. I'm undocumented. I've been - like he mentioned, I've been living in the State of Oklahoma. I'm here with one of my daughters, Destiny. I've been in the United States for 21 years. I am protected from deportation because of the DACA program. To be protected, I applied, went through a background check, and I paid almost nearly $1,000 in fees. It's clear that if DACA gets repealed, my daughter will lose her mother. And - I'm sorry. She will lose her mother and I want you to know that DACA has helped me. What do you - do you think that I should be deported and many families in my situation should?

RYAN: No. No, Angelica. First of all, I can see that you love your daughter and you are a nice person who has a great future ahead of you and I hope your future is here. I'll even repeat the sentiment that our incoming president says. That's the problem he wants to focus on. This is not the focus.

And so, what we have to do is find a way to make sure that you can get right with the law and we've got to do this in a good way, so that the rug doesn't get pulled out from under you and your family gets separated. That's the way we feel and that is exactly what our new incoming president has stated he wants to do.

Look, I got married in Oklahoma City. It's a great community. It's where - my wife is from that area. And I'm sure you're a great contributor to that community and we don't want to see you get separated from your family. So, we have to figure out how to fix this. But to do that, people need to have confidence that our laws are being followed and that we actually know who is coming and going, that we actually have a secure border.

So, I think what's really important for this issue writ large to get fixed - and Jake mentioned that I have a background in this - we've got to make sure that these laws are being enforced, that we are controlling our border, so violent criminals, repeat offenders don't come in and do these kinds of horrific things. We've got a drug problem, we've got a lot of problems and we want to be able to secure our border. When people get confidence in this country that our border is secured, that our laws are being enforced, then I really believe the country - all people in the country will be in a much better position to fix these thornier, bigger problems. But if you're worried about, you know, some deportation force coming, knocking on your door this year, don't worry about that.

TAPPER: So, let me ask you a question. For those who don't know, DACA is Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival. It's an executive action that President Obama took, granting legal status for individuals like Angelica. If President-Elect Trump wants to undo DACA, you would tell him don't do it?

RYAN: Well, I think we have to come up with a solution for the DACA kids and that's something we, in Congress, and the Trump transition team are working on, is what's a good, humane solution.

There is a constitutional issue here, which is President Obama tried to unilaterally write laws without going through Congress. And as you know, one of the separation of powers, Presidents don't write laws. Congress writes laws. The elected legislative branch of government are the ones who write the laws. And so, this current president, President Obama, on this and many other occasions tried to go around Congress to unilaterally write laws, which is not the power of the president. So, there is an - that is unconstitutional.

And so, the point is, you just organize your life around this. You just told us how important this is to you and your family. So, what we have to do is figure out how to have a humane solution to this very legitimate, sincere problem and respect the rule of law. And that is what we're ...

TAPPER: The government has information about her now. What happens to that information? Will you introduce legislation to block it from being used to deport her?

RYAN: Everybody thinks that there's some deportation force that's being assembled. That's not happening.

TAPPER: President-Elect Trump actually used the term deportation force. RYAN: That's not happening.

TAPPER: But that's why people think it.p

RYAN: I know, I know. And I'm here to tell you, in Congress, it's not happening. And what's happening is - where did she go?

TAPPER: Mary Ann?

RYAN: Mary. What's happening is that's what he's asked us to focus on, that's where we're focusing on. Secure the border and the people who are violent criminals, repeat offenders who keep coming back in, we've got to focus on that. That's what we're focusing on.

TAPPER: We have to pay a couple of bills. Take his seat. Coming up ahead, draining the swamp. Is Congress in step with the incoming president. We'll have more with House Speaker, Paul Ryan. Live from the George Washington University. Stay with us.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../12/se.01.html
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 01-13-2017 at 10:45 PM.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The young woman who asked the question is an illegal alien activist with United We Dream. According to a couple of websites she has some connection to the United Nations through activism.

She has been in the news railing against Judge Hanen and his actions on the immigration case that went against the administration on DACA.

She is part of the "Fearless Four."

http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/pre....html?mode=jqm
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 01-13-2017 at 10:52 PM.
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you GeorgiaPeach.

Here's what Ryan actually said:

RYAN: That is why the two things that he has asked us to focus on is deporting violent criminals, who are repeat offenders, and securing the border. We agree and that's what we're working on.
    RYAN: Mary. What's happening is that's what he's asked us to focus on, that's where we're focusing on. Secure the border and the people who are violent criminals, repeat offenders who keep coming back in, we've got to focus on that. That's what we're focusing on.
    RYAN: Well, I think we have to come up with a solution for the DACA kids and that's something we, in Congress, and the Trump transition team are working on, is what's a good, humane solution.
    What the dishonest media did to mislead MW is the same thing they've done throughout this entire election, paraphrase what someone actually said to create a controversy and make Trump look bad.

Trump is repealing DACA and DAPA by reversing the illegal unconstitutional executive orders on this.
    Last edited by Judy; 01-14-2017 at 12:53 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Paul Ryan rules out Donald Trump’s ‘deportation force’

“There won’t be a deportation force,” House Speaker Paul D. Ryan told CNN in a town hall. (Associated Press) more >

By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Thursday, January 12, 2017

House Speaker Paul D. Ryan said Thursday that illegal immigrant Dreamers don’t have to worry about being deported under aTrump administration, telling a mother that there won’t be a deportation force “knocking on your door this year.”

Mr. Ryan
    also said Congress won’t create the deportation force that Donald Trump talked about during the election campaign because there is no need.

“There won’t be a deportation force,” he told CNN in a town hall.

The network confronted Mr. Ryan with an illegal immigrant mother who is also a Dreamer under President Obama’s 2012 amnesty, and with a woman whose son was killed by a repeat criminal who was in the U.S. illegally.

Mr. Ryan
    said the charge he has taken from Mr. Trump is to target the serious criminals for deportation while finding a way to grant Dreamers and other low-priority illegal immigrants legal status.

“That’s the problem he wants to focus on,” he said, pointing to the mother who lost her son. “This is not the focus,” he then said, pointing at the illegal immigrant mother, who stood with her daughter.

“If you’re worried about some deportation force coming and knocking on your door this year, don’t worry about that,” he assured the illegal immigrant.

The government already has a deportation force: the agents at U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Mr. Trump
    ’s campaign plan called for tripling the number of ICE agents.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ortation-forc/
    If the published information is incorrect, why hasn't Trump or Ryan demanded a correction? Trump doesn't allow things like this slide without a response. It's not in our best interest to dismiss such comments just because we don't want to believe them.

You can't know that this wasn't said directly to the journalist/reporter and included in the article.
    Last edited by MW; 01-14-2017 at 01:10 AM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Ryan never said it, read the transcript. It's up to Ryan who is being misquoted, not Trump, to demand a correction. Why would Ryan care? He's on their side, not ours. He wants DACA and DAPA. Ryan is a prancing puppet for the pro-illegal immigration movement, he also doesn't like Trump, so he loves every minute of controversy his statements cause Trump.

That said, Ryan didn't say what your article says he said.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Wow! Former Trump Spox RIPS Speaker Paul Ryan after Controversial Town Hall (VIDEO)

Jim Hoft Jan 14th, 2017 12:20 am

Former Trump Spokesperson Katrina Pierson ripped Speaker Paul Ryan on Friday after his controversial statements at a CNN town hall event on Thursday.

Ryan promised to crack down on “sanctuary cities” at the town hall but then promised not to break up families and deport illegal immigrants.

Ryan still thinks he was elected president and not Donald Trump.

Katrina Pierson and Eric Bolling questioned the House Speaker on his conflicting messages.

Eric Bolling: Paul Ryan seems to be all over the place in my opinion on this one. In one instance he says sanctuary cities if you don’t abide by federal law we’re going to cut off federal funding. But then he says this other federal law we’re talking about, don’t worry about that one.

Form Trump National Spokesperson Katrina Pierson: Well where do we start here. This is interesting because one has to raise their eyebrows Eric when the sitting House speaker makes a policy promise to a non-citizen residing in this country, particularly one that is in direct contradiction to the election results not just in the country but in his home state. More importantly, unless this is the Speaker’s way to introduce legislation to codify this piece of Obama’s legacy, on January 20th there will be a new president Donald Trump and he is the only one who will have authority over that executive order.

https://youtu.be/SxULHwdxgRU

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...wn-hall-video/

VIDEO of the CNN Town Hall with Speaker Paul Ryan.

Please go to around 33:00 to begin the immigration section.

https://youtu.be/b6f1GQ_k91M

Thank you GeorgiaPeach for the terrific follow-up articles! AND THANK YOU KATRINA PIERSON!!! I hope you are hired by the White House to serve as spokesman of something important, like IMMIGRATION!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234