Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Broken Promise? Trump Still Hasn’t Ended DACA

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Projected DACA Expirations by Year

Source: Author’s calculation based on USCIS DACA Approval Figures.

https://www.cato.org/blog/how-daca-w...ine-expiration
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The program itself expires in June.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Can you message me a link to some info on that expiration Judy?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I think you're sadly mistaken if you actually think Trump is going to deport the DACA illegals. There are two amnesty bills designed to protect the DACA illegals that have already been filed in the U.S. Congress. The DACA illegals aren't going anywhere, not in June of this year or June of next year. According to Trump it's all about "heart." He's got their back.

It's time we all come to the realization that Trump isn't going to deport the DACA illegals. If he had any design to do that his administration wouldn't still be accepting applications to the program (explain that one away if you can). Mark my word for it, he plans on legalizing them permanently, not deporting them.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC View Post

W
    This info is about as good as anything I have found yet.

How DACA Will End: A Timeline of Expiration

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC View Post

W
    Hi William, it was from a Sean Spicer press conference awhile back, I think in February. At the press conference, when Sean Spicer was asked about DACA, he said the current thinking is we'll just let it expire in June. And that's the last specific thing the White House has said about it.

The original DACA 2012 was established in June of 2012 by a Memo Directive by Janet Napolitano in response to a request from Congress during DHS appropriations concerning "prioritization of resources". Two years later, Obama tried by Executive Order to expand DACA to include a lot more people and create DAPA in 2014. Those are the 2 actions that the 26 states sued over, that Judge Hanen halted with an injunction.

In every speech Trump ever made that I heard, and I heard a lot of 'em, missed very few, Trump only talked about ending the TWO unconstitutional executive orders issued by Barack Obama that the courts stopped through an injunction. Those TWO are the two orders by Obama through E. O. issued in 2014, not the one established by Napolitano in 2012 in a response to Congress during appropriations for DHS.

So whatever expires in June, the last official White House statement made on the topic of DACA was "the thinking is to let it expire in June."

It's entirely possible that Trump doesn't even know about the DACA 2012 and thinks everyone is talking about the two programs he promised to end which are the 2 Obama E. O. on DACA Expansion and DAPA in 2014. I'm not even sure Kelly knows the difference at this point. Jeff Sessions would know the difference. Sessions would also know if the DACA 2012 expires in June or if just the two Obama E. O. from 2014 expire in June.

In every statement, Trump spoke only about the 2 unconstitutional Executive Orders of Barack Obama that the courts stopped.

Trump never actually promised to stop DACA 2012, because that was a MEMO Directive by Secretary of DHS, not Barack Obama with an Executive Order. DACA 2012 was in response to Congress during Appropriations process, not something Obama came up with.

There are 3 programs, not just the 2 that Trump spoke about and promised to end during the campaign that were challenged in court and stopped by a judge. The third one is the DACA 2012 that was required by Congress. I'm not sure how you end that without jeopardizing your appropriation for DHS.

I've posted all about this issue for 3 months. There are 3 programs. Trump promised to end 2 attempted in 2014 that were stopped by the states and the court. The one he didn't promise to end is the one we're talking about that was established to appease Congress in 2012. It seems to me that the burden to undo that one is with the US Congress since they are the ones who required it during DHS Appropriations to establish "prioritization of resources".

So, I don't know what the plan is other than what Sean Spicer said about "letting it expire in June".
    Last edited by Judy; 04-22-2017 at 11:51 PM.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Judy wrote (excerpt):

It's entirely possible that Trump doesn't even know about the DACA 2012 and thinks everyone is talking about the two programs he promised to end which are the 2 Obama E. O. on DACA Expansion and DAPA in 2014. I'm not even sure Kelly knows the difference at this point. Jeff Sessions would know the difference. Sessions would also know if the DACA 2012 expires in June or if just the two Obama E. O. from 2014 expire in June.

In every statement, Trump spoke only about the 2 unconstitutional Executive Orders of Barack Obama that the courts stopped.

Trump never actually promised to stop DACA 2012, because that was a MEMO Directive by Secretary of DHS, not Barack Obama with an Executive Order. DACA 2012 was in response to Congress during Appropriations process, not something Obama came up with.
    Please don't continue to insult our intelligence. Everyone but you seems to know that Trump promised to end DACA immediately. He didn't need to follow the word DACA with "2012" because most of us, he, and every single anti-illegal immigration organization knew exactly what he was talking about. Attempting to obfuscate the issue by trying to muddy the waters with what you 'think' Trump was 'thinking' is not helpful. He said he would immediately end DACA. The courts already took care of the "DACA Expansion" and "DAPA" for him.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Suit yourself, MW. It doesn't matter to me. I can count to 3. And when someone promises to end "two", that's not "three", that's "two". Simple math and a law of the universe. And when someone promises to end the "two" "Obama Executive Orders" "stopped by the Judge", that's the "two Obama Executive Orders stopped by the Judge", not a Memo Directive by Janet Napolitano. Those aren't the same things in our language. They are different things in our language.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast