Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Broken Promise? Trump Still Hasn’t Ended DACA

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    ... Makes no sense to me why anyone in our cause would embroil themselves in a CORRUPT MEDIA DNC-INSPIRED NARRATIVE to attack this President on a "broken promises" meme in his first 3 months of office.

... Facts are stubborn things. Facts can get buried, they can get lost in the mill, they can be misunderstood, but they don't change. ... This President has put up with these false narratives from the CORRUPT MEDIA, the DNC and the NEVER-TRUMPERS for 2 years. ...
    I agree completely. There is something a little suspicious about all the traction given to this particular issue about DACA. It doesn't hurt to keep the public's attention on this particular issue, but not if there is so much given to make Trump look like he has given up on immigration, or that there is nothing he is going to be able to do about it.

You know, to all the rest, it might help to allay suspicion to start focusing on what Republicans like McCain, Cruz and Rubio are saying about DACA. Why should Trump take all the focus on this issue, when the rest of these are bound to play a role in getting rid of it? Are they really just sitting on their hands on this one waiting for Trump to apply executive power?

And what about the persistent and more dangerous threat of general amnesty for illegals? Another way that the DACA issue could be played by anti-Trump Republicans is distracting away from their support for a more general amnesty which they support.
    Support ALIPAC'sFIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by pkskyali View Post
    I agree completely. There is something a little suspicious about all the traction given to this particular issue about DACA. It doesn't hurt to keep the public's attention on this particular issue, but not if there is so much given to make Trump look like he has given up on immigration, or that there is nothing he is going to be able to do about it.

You know, to all the rest, it might help to allay suspicion to start focusing on what Republicans like McCain, Cruz and Rubio are saying about DACA. Why should Trump take all the focus on this issue, when the rest of these are bound to play a role in getting rid of it? Are they really just sitting on their hands on this one waiting for Trump to apply executive power?

And what about the persistent and more dangerous threat of general amnesty for illegals? Another way that the DACA issue could be played by anti-Trump Republicans is distracting away from their support for a more general amnesty which they support.
    There is something a little suspicious about all the traction given to this particular issue about DACA
    Nothing suspicious about it at all. Next to the border fence, this was probably his biggest promise. Nothing suspicious about folks raising heck over a broken primary campaign promise. Remember the elder Bush and "read my lips?" Big campaign promises not kept are going to piss a lot of folks off, especially if the promise was one of the factors used in their decision to vote for a particular candidate.

It doesn't hurt to keep the public's attention on this particular issue, but not if there is so much given to make Trump look like he has given up on immigration, or that there is nothing he is going to be able to do about it.
    He hasn't done anything about DACA but encourage them by telling them he has "heart." Heck, he hasn't even stopped taking applications for the program.

You know, to all the rest, it might help to allay suspicion to start focusing on what Republicans like McCain, Cruz and Rubio are saying about DACA.
    What does that have to do with anything? Actually, Ted Cruz, like Donald Trump, campaigned on ending DACA immediately.

Why should Trump take all the focus on this issue, when the rest of these are bound to play a role in getting rid of it?
    Trump takes the heat because he is the one that can immediately end it and that is exactly what he promised to do once elected President!

We're always concerned about a "general amnesty." However, this specific discussion is not about a "general amnesty" it's about a promise that was made to the American people that can by taken care of through a simple phone call, executive order, or a memorandum. Ending DACA is completely within Trump's realm of responsibility. He has the power to end it immediately!

Keep your promise, Mr. President, end DACA now!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Originally Posted by Judy
    The program itself expires in June.

I've been looking for some official facts to support your claim that the program ends in June but have not been able to find anything. Please give us something more than "he said" to validate your claim. Where is Shawn Spicer getting his information? If the program is designed to twilight in June, it should be officially documented somewhere.

I'm posting this again because I don't want to get it buried until I receive a response. So far I'm only hearing crickets on this.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It's not my claim that it ends in June, MW. Sean Spicer said in a February White House Press Conference on DACA that the "thinking is to let is expire in June." The program started in June of 2012 with Janet Napolitano's Memorandum. Obama renewed it for 3 years in 2014, with an EO, so I guess that's why they think it expires in June.

I've posted all I know or am going to say about it.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    It's not my claim that it ends in June, MW. Sean Spicer said in a February White House Press Conference on DACA that the "thinking is to let is expire in June." The program started in June of 2012 with Janet Napolitano's Memorandum. Obama renewed it for 3 years in 2014, with an EO, so I guess that's why they think it expires in June.

I've posted all I know or am going to say about it.
    All I'm asking is that you point me to a link that states the programs actually ends in June. If you can't do that, I'd say your whole argument is based on a "he said" comment and not official.

Thanks for responding.

It's definitely a "he said", "he" being Sean Spicer, White House Press Secretary for the President, who when asked about DACA at a White House Press Conference in February said, "the thinking is we'll let it expire in June."
    Last edited by Judy; 04-23-2017 at 08:09 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This Feb. White House briefing mentions DACA, mass deportations, illegal aliens, etc. in a couple of places.
    (Too big to post)

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...cer-2212017-13
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

NO AMNESTY

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345