Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The impression I get of Huckabee is that he likes himself. He is power crazed and will say anything it takes to get elected. People need to be VERY wary of guys like this.

I'm more inclined to vote for people who say the same thing to everyone they speak to, even if I don't like everything they have to say, because I at least feel that they are being honest.

Of course I'm not going to vote for some dork like Ted Kennedy whose views are so opposite of mine I'd expect to get electrocuted voting for him but, you get my drift.

Huckabee, if you watch enough of what he says, changes his story and his body language a little too often. But don't take my word for it-- watch him. Also, that preacher bit turns me off really quickly. If he's a preacher, why isn't he working for some congregation who needs his guidance? We definitely don't need him preaching to the nation from the oval office. Sorry, but that don't cut it for me.

Also, this "values" business the goody-goodys pump out like water on Huckabee's behalf bugs me. They cite the fact that some of the candidates have been married more than once. I've been married twice and I don't consider myself some sleezeball because of that. Stuff happens and then it's tomorrow. People's personal lives often don't correespond at all with what they believe politically and definitely not to what kind of a job they will do if they get the job.

If Huckabee wins the nomination, I'll not vote for him. Period.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

According to this article, the "Huckster" never said it------it was Gilchrist saying it for the "Huckster".

Huckabee vows to defy birthright citizenship

By Stephen Dinan
    January 8, 2008

"Mike Huckabee wants to amend the Constitution to prevent children born in the U.S. to illegal aliens from automatically becoming American citizens, according to his top immigration surrogate — a radical step no other major presidential candidate has embraced.

Mr. Huckabee, who won last week's Republican Iowa caucuses, promised Minuteman Project founder James Gilchrist that he would force a test case to the Supreme Court to challenge birthright citizenship, and would push Congress to pass a 28th Amendment to the Constitution to remove any doubt.

The former Arkansas governor thinks the case against U.S. Border Patrol agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Alonso Compean was railroaded, Mr. Gilchrist said. Ramos and Compean are serving lengthy prison sentences for shooting a fleeing drug-smuggling suspect in the buttocks.

"I would make it my first act as president to pardon agents Ramos and Compean," Mr. Gilchrist said Mr. Huckabee told him. "I regret that they have spent yet another Christmas locked up in a windowless cell like animals and unable to be free and with their families."

Mr. Gilchrist, who campaigned with Mr. Huckabee in Iowa last week, said Mr. Huckabee explained his positions in a half-hour conversation on the campaign trail.

"I read back my notes to him twice and I told him I did not want to put words in his mouth," said Mr. Gilchrist, who also issued a press release from the Minuteman Project detailing Mr. Huckabee's positions. "The guy looked me right in the eye."

Campaign spokeswoman Kirsten Fedewa said Mr. Huckabee intends to review the case against Ramos and Compean as one of his first acts as president, but she didn't otherwise dispute Mr. Gilchrist's quotes as provided by The Washington Times.

Miss Fedewa said Mr. Huckabee and Mr. Gilchrest are "united by a mutual desire to end illegal immigration and are political allies toward that end."

Cont'd through link..............

http://washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 98216/1001
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

MW
    Bad_Hand wrote:

When Ron Paul was asked that question his answer was it would be one of the first things he did if he is elected and so far he is the only one that has said that.
    Wrong! Duncan Hunter has been saying it for months. He owns the issue over any of the other Johnny-come-latelies, including Ron Paul. None of the candidates have worked harder than Hunter to free Ramos and Compean.

Folks need to research information before attempting to throw it out hoping it'll stick.

Excerpt from CPAC conference transcript (March 2, 2007):

HUNTER: That is a greater punishment than the average convicted murderer in this country, who does about eight and a half years.

Now, ladies and gentlemen, I've read the transcript. I've talked with the families. And I've met with Mrs. Compean and Mrs. Ramos. And I've read the transcript of the trial. And I would say this.

I've been in the Armed Services Committee for 26 years. I've been chairman for four. I have never seen a Marine or a soldier treated in such an unjust way as Ramos and Compean.

And as president of the United States, I will pardon Ramos and Compean. (Applause)
    http://www.conservative.org/pressroom/2 ... hunter.asp

Excerpt:

Duncan Hunter promises to pardon Ramos and Compean when he is elected president. No other candidate has made such a promise. And while all the other candidates have been sitting with their consultants figuring out how to appear conservative, Duncan Hunter was writing a letter urging President Bush to pardon Ramos and Compean for Thanksgiving.
    http://dhgrassrevolt.wordpress.com/2007 ... nksgiving/

Excerpt from Hunter interview with Glenn Beck (July 2007):

HUNTER: Well, let me tell you, I know what I’m doing, Glenn, and that’s this. Is when the President didn’t issue a pardon to these two agents, I pulled our lawyers in on the House side and I said, can congress issue a pardon? And they went back and looked at it and they came back. They said, some law indicates you can and some indicates you can’t and it may end up going to the Supreme Court. I said, let’s try it, and we drafted up a congressional pardon. I introduced that bill a couple of months ago. In fact, the day they went into prison, I introduced the — I wrote that pardon bill up, and right now we have 100 cosponsors. That is 100 members of congress on the house side that have sponsored a congressional pardon for Compean and Ramos
    http://dhgrassrevolt.wordpress.com/2007 ... eck-polls/

http://www.house.gov/list/speech/ca52_h ... OpEd.shtml

http://gohunter08.blogspot.com/2007/07/ ... fying.html

Duncan Hunter has done more in his efforts to free Ramos & Compean, but the above should be enough to prove who has really been fighting tooth and nail to free Ramos & Compean.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Golly!@ Sounds like they are ALL saying it.
    Now I wish someone would DO it!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    JuniusJnr

Golly!@ Sounds like they are ALL saying it.
    Now I wish someone would DO it!
    As shown above, Hunter has been doing more than offering lip service on the issue, much more.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

doesn't look to me like Hunter or anyone else has done anything. The agents are still in prison and their families here in El Paso are still in dire straits. I admit that some are trying but the President, who is the only person who can actually do anything at this point, won't budge. The jerk who's the congressman for the area where the agents are from thinks everything was peachy keen about the prosecution and their half-baked case. I think the prosecutor and the judge belong in prison, personally, and I hope they get their turn one of these days.

MW
    JuniusJnr

doesn't look to me like Hunter or anyone else has done anything.
    You obviously didn't read the information I provided above. Hunter has done one hell of a lot and is still trying to do more. Just because his efforts haven't provided fruit doesn't mean he hasn't done anything. Like I said, no one had done more.

You obvioulsy didn't get my point. The men are still in prison. That is the bottom line.

Hunter isn't the only one who's trying, by the way. Umpteen others have worked diligently in Washington. Thousands of people have written letters and made phone calls and even protested in the streets. over this miscarriage of justice. Chances are you and I both fit into the latter group. I don't mean to discredit anyone's efforts. But the men are still in prison unfairly. I find it more and more infuriating that any candidate would use this failed effort to get them out as a campaign platform, actually. On the other hand, I hope the controversy over who said what reaches Washington because it at least keeps the "wound" open and bleeding instead of letting it scar over and disappear from view. These men deserve to be free and they deserve an apology from the US court system, their pay for the past year or so reinstated, and at least one of them should receive every benefit a POW enjoys! The penal system failed him the night they let other inmates beat him nearly to death! And nobody can convince me that they could not have prevented it!

And if they turn loose the drug dealer that started all this stuff, how much do you want to bet that the people of El Paso will catch him and serve justice upon him before he gets back across the border again? Seems the criminals are the good guys and the cops are the bad guys all too often. And if things go on as they are, within ten years the criminals will be running the entire government, not just pockets of it.

MW
    I find it more and more infuriating that any candidate would use this failed effort to get them out as a campaign platform, actually.
    Do you actually believe that is what Hunter is doing? He is doing absolutely everything possible. To suggest otherwise is just ludicrous. My point, is NO OTHER CANDIDATE has done more - can you argue that point? Wasn't that the whole point behind my original post? I do believe we were talking about what the candidates have physically done, not everyone else.

MW., sorry. I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. I guess I'm just angry because so many politicians made promises about the agents being released before Christmas and I live near one of the families. Yes, I agree, people have tried.

But, yes, I also believe that politicians are politicians and they will use any hotbutton issue to further their personal campaign. Maybe it is ludicrious to think that but people have proven a whole lot less altruistic once they get into running for political office than they should be.

Look at the crying stunt Hillary pulled a few days ago to try to make herself look like a human being.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567