Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bush, Congress let U.S. Guard Down

http://www.theunionleader.com/articles_ ... icle=57311
    Editorials - July 6, 2005

Border insecurity :
    Bush, Congress let U.S. guard down

HARD-WORKING laborers aspiring to a better life in a free country are not the only ones pouring over America’s borders from Mexico and Canada. Terrorists hide among them, and ignoring that reality could get Americans killed.

While some, including the Bush administration and Congress, pretend that illegal immigration poses little danger because most border crossers seek only economic opportunity, terrorists and their sympathizers exploit that attitude to gain a foothold on our soil.

In a series of articles run in the New Hampshire Sunday News and New Hampshire Union Leader Sunday through Tuesday, the Associated Press detailed how people from other countries â€â€
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Very good article, Butterbean. I will say one thing in defense of Congress. At least, when Bush only allowed for TWO HUNDRED new border patrol agents, Congress raised that number to TWO THOUSAND each year for the next five years for a total of TEN THOUSAND. Now, that's a helluva lot more than TWO HUNDRED. What in the WORLD could BUSH have been THINKING?????? Two thousand is probably just a drop in the bucket but two HUNDRED?????

I wish we could do what Bill O'Reilly continues to call for and that would be stationing the National Guard on the border but, there again, where oh where has the National Guard gone? Oh, where oh where could they be?? Might try looking in Iraq so they aren't here doing what they are charged with doing--protecting OUR country against invasion.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I wonder how many will get in while we are building up our border patrol for five years. How many have gotten in since 9/11? It is time for the military to be on the border until we can replace them with border patrol. Congress should have ordered it immediately after 9/11.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

WHY DID BUSH ONLY ALLOW FOR 200 BORDER GUARDS?

Because he had no intention or desire to protect the borders. Because he doesn't give one HOOT who gets in or what they bring in with them. Because he is the OBL-Illegal Immigration MANiac!!

HE IS THEIR MAN!!

He probably goes to sleeping counting "border guards" instead of sheep.

When he takes his bike ride every morning, he runs over things because his concentration is on a plot of HOW TO STOP THE ADDITIONAL BORDER GUARDS CONGRESS ALLOCATED.

NO PRESIDENT of the United States given the state of world, the flood of illegals, the killings and crime they cause, the disease they bring in, the drugs they bring in, the arms and weapons they bring in, the money they take out of our economy, the jobs they steal from Americans, the neighborhoods they trash, NOT TO MENTION that any one of them or all of them could be TERRORISTS or FOREIGN ADVANCE FORCES or SPIES...WOULD EVER EVEN THINK ABOUT REDUCING THE NUMBER OF BORDER GUARDS OR FAIL TO INCREASE THE NUMBER TO A SUFFICIENT NUMBER TO GET THE JOB DONE.

This President is a Maniac selling out our country and placing us in harms way at every turn. We know about the border problem, because we can see it. We know about the illegal immigration problem, because we can see it every day. Just think about the many decisions this President makes that affect our daily lives, security, health and futures that we don't know about....because we can't see it on the streets in our faces.

The same Man that abandoned our borders when they should have been sealed tights as drums is the same Man making these decisions on our UNbehalf every single minute of every single day.

He is selling us out and running the open and clear risk of getting us all killed to complete his "transaction".

And that my friends is an irrefutable fact. There is no denying it; defying it; arguing it; there is only the grim realilty of facing it.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Deliberate open Borders

It simply continues ---- playing Border games with National Security and pussyfootin' with immigration controls. Oh, but the economy needs illegal Aliens, the money is just too good as Americans pay and pay with no jobs around in sight. Nope, not gonna do anything at all about who enters the U.S. until we go thru another 9/11!!!

BY THE WAY - extra security and immigration laws should be for the immigrants or people entering the U.S. and have NOTHING to do with affecting Americans. The thinking is, well if we have to make a law then it has to affect everybody including Americans---NO that is why it's called IMMIGRATION LAWS.

American Patrol (www.americanpatrol.com) at the scene of the Border crimes continues to physically show that the U.S. Government's Border Patrol and Homeland Security are designed to fail. U.S. Government equipment (drones,scanners) has been shown at the Border acting like it is doing something when it is doing nothing at all. Even so, what good is a bunch of scanning equipment or hi-tech drones in actually apprehending illegal Aliens without the Border Patrol or National Guard bodies. An illegal Alien can walk up to a piece of electronic equipment, give it a good kick and walk right in.

It is tired, tired,tired excuses used by Congressmen or Michael Cherthoff of DHS or whoever to say that they are improving Border Security by simply getting more scanners,sensors, drones and that "we are increasing fingerprinting and bio scan documents at THE PORTS OF ENTRY" ( illegal entry isn't happening at the Port of Entry,stupid).

The Minutemen have proven it can be done and the damn deficit money is there to hire Border Patrol or whoever to do what is now CRITICAL.

How many times and ways can this NATIONAL Security problem be rammed into President ($1 billion to illegal Alien healthcare) Bush's face?????

What else can possibly be concluded.....

He don't care. Mr. Bush don't care about his own Country that he took oath to protect. He's Mr. Global --- spreading freedom and democracy around the World!!! The compassionate (like Americans aren't enough) United States has simply got to open up, got to give it ALL away now, jobs, blood and all, got to let illegal Aliens in, got to integrate and converge with mexico like good nice neighbors. By the way while I'm at it, let me assault Americans Rights so they can't limit my great Governmental power.
    Tear down the USA.

The ironics and opposites of what is occurring from what Mr. Bush preaches are too striking now. Is the President a puppet?? COMPLETE VIOLATION. It can not be said enough and this is not partisan based at all (I supported him at one time). President Bush is the worst President in U.S. History and needs impeachment.

RonLaws said:

"The ironies and opposites....are too striking now"

No greater Truth exists regarding this Presidency.

This ManiaX must be Impeached by the U. S. House of Representatives and Removed from Office by the U. S. Senate.

IT MUST BE DONE AND NOW!!

I'm a 4th generation GOP and voted for the ManiaX Twice....before I researched the truth about illegal immigration and found it. The man is insane and trying to end our nation which he will do before New Year's 2006 if he is not removed from office immediately.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Below is part of a transcript from Lou Dobb's program last night. It explains one of the reasons why the illegals keep pouring in. There is another segment that I will find and post as well.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

CASEY WIAN, CNN CORRESPONDENT (voice-over): Since September 11, the United States Border Patrol and Immigration and Customs Enforcement have shifted their main focus away from catching illegal aliens. According to the national Border Patrol strategy unveiled this year, the priority mission of Customs and Border Protection is to prevent terrorists and terrorist weapons from entering the United States.

REP. DANA ROHRABACHER (R), CALIFORNIA: We've already captured 85,000 non-Mexicans already trying to sneak into this country illegally this year, 85,000 this year. As I say, 1 percent of them are terrorists. Just 1 percent. We are in grave jeopardy of suffering the same kind of attacks that they experienced in London.

WIAN: The threat is clearly real. In February, a top Homeland Security Department official told Congress several al Qaeda leaders believe operatives can pave their way into the country through Mexico.

Just last month, we reported the arrest of an Iranian national in Arizona who's charged with running an illegal alien smuggling ring out of his dry cleaning and tailoring business. Investigators say he smuggled as many as 60 Iranians into the United States through Mexico with phony visas.

And The Associated Press this week reported that since 9/11, thousands of people have been smuggled into the United States from special interest countries, those with close links to terrorism.

MICHAEL CUTLER, FMR. INS SPECIAL AGENT: It just seems that the administration is far more concerned with securing the borders of Iraq and Afghanistan than they are with securing the borders of the United States. BORTAC units, that is to say, the Border Patrol Tactical Unit, which is an elite unit working for the Border Patrol, have been sent to Iraq to help us beef up the borders of Iraq. Why we're not making a comparable effort here is something that mystifies me.

WIAN: The Border Patrol has added 1,200 agents since 9/11, tripled the number on the Canadian border, and now has about 11,000 uniformed personnel. Congress has approved another 1,500 next fiscal year. But the agency is struggling to fill even half that number of jobs, and this month started a recruiting campaign.

The Border Patrol is relying mostly on improved technology, such as remote sensors, unmanned aerial vehicles, and better identification systems to combat the terrorist threat.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

This is the other part of the transcript. If you will read about half-way down where Lou Dobbs asks what our major vulnerabilities are, I think it will confirm our stance in ALIPAC.

MICHAEL SCHEUER, FRM. SENIOR INTELLIGENCE ANALYST: Thank you. Glad to be here.

DOBBS: Do you believe, based on what you've seen today, do you believe this is al Qaeda?

SCHEUER: I would be surprised if it wasn't, sir. It hit all three of their markers. It was a symbolic target. They hit on the first day of the G-8.

DOBBS: Right.

SCHEUER: They wanted to cause a lot of casualties, and they did. And most important, they hit the economic center of Britain. And they describe their war as the bleed to bankruptcy war. So it would be very surprising if this was not al Qaeda.

DOBBS: And are you surprised that with my five -- with the sophisticated effective law enforcement, and counterterrorism agencies at work in the UK, that they were able to pull this off?

SCHEUER: I'm not surprised, sir. They're very effective group. And I think we should remember that the British have stopped several of these attacks. And I think the lesson Americans should take today is that the MI-5 and the British system is probably the best in the world in terms of an urban center in London. It dwarfs anything we can do in the United States. And so the lesson we should have here is that America is more -- much more vulnerable than Britain.

DOBBS: And what do you see as our principal vulnerabilities, Michael?

SCHEUER: I think the fact that we haven't helped the men and women who do law enforcement by regulating the borders or changing immigration laws in order to find out who is in our country and prevent entry and exit. I think that's a major problem, sir.

DOBBS: And Michael, as we have reported here tonight, radical Islamist terrorism was not even one of the principal elements at the G-8 meeting until, of course, these tragic barbaric attacks today. What do you make of that?

SCHEUER: I make of the fact, sir, that unfortunately the politicians are very comfortable with preaching the idea that this is a very small group of people who are opposing us, and that they hate us for our freedoms and our liberties. The politicians really are at great fault for not squaring with the American people. We're being attacked for what we do in the Islamic world, not for who we are or what we believe in or how we live. And there's a huge burden of guilt to be laid at Mr. Bush, Mr. Clinton, both parties for simply lying to the American people.

DOBBS: Are you hopeful that we're going to see improved border security, improved homeland security, a real commitment?

SCHEUER: No, sir, I'm not. I think it's too politically dangerous. You know, the politicians very seldom put protecting American lives first. They put themselves first. They like to cater to international opinion. It's a disastrous situation for America, and unfortunately there's no sign of change. DOBBS: Kofi Annan today, Michael Scheuer said, quote, "let us not allow the violence perpetrated by a few to deflect us from addressing the aspirations of billions of our fellow men and women." Remarkable.

SCHEUER: Yes. It's a remarkable situation, sir. We continue to minimize the threat, and minimize the size of the enemy. And it only can lead to America's defeat. And certainly many more dead Americans.

DOBBS: Well, hopefully that will not occur. But we take your warning and we thank you for it, Michael Scheuer.

WHY DID BUSH ONLY ALLOW FOR 200 BORDER GUARDS?
    Thats all Vincente Fox would allow!
    "Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake." -- Louisa May Alcott

Try this one on for size. Now I heard on the news today the homland (tounge in cheek) security director say "They hit London because it is to hard to get into the US" with our fabulous airport security and all (I laughed so hard I hurt myself!). Say I am a dedicated Jihad guy and I want in. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out, I can just fly into Mexico City, take a bus to a border town. Dress myself to look like the typical illegal crosser and whala I simply walk across. Approximately 30,000 a month come across. Let's say 1/10th of 1 percent of the monthly folks crossing the border are jihadists. That would be 30, now if they have been doing this since 9/11 we would have close to 1500 suicide bombers just awaiting orders to blow stuff up. WOW!
    "Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake." -- Louisa May Alcott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast