Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

BUSH: "GOVERNMENT CAN NOT CREATE CHARACTER"

President Bush spoke at a college graduation ceremony at Calvin College today in Grand Rapids, Michigan. FoxNews said he did not get much applause and that 146 people had signed a letter that was published in the Grand Rapids newspaper criticizing him for Iraq; catering to the wealthy; ignoring the needs of the poor; and creating a divisive America.

In this speech, Bush made the statement, "Government can not create character".

Well....lo and behold the man who wants to LEAD.

Mr. President, government can create character. It can also demand character. It does so by hiring people of character to run the government. Character building is not only part of leadership, it is fundamental to leadership of a decent, moral, just society. Government builds character through law, through codes of conduct and by example of the elected leaders, appointed managers, hired managers and supervisors to lead all employees hired to run the affairs of our Nation.

When there is no character visible in government, society loses "sight' of what it means to be Fair, Just, Legal and Compliant.

While I agree with the Nation's involvement in Iraq if for different reasons than why we really went into Iraq and disagree with the people in Grand Rapids on that point, I do agree that this President is catering to the wealthy and through his total abandonment of the Rule of Law is creating divisiveness, unrest and turmoil in our Nation, and has no concern for any poor of the United States, only the poor of other Nations.

A Government can not build or maintain character in a Nation where it fails to enforce American Laws that protect the very economic, social and political fabric of the Nation's Citizens.

A Government can not build or maintain character in business and industry when breaking the law is okay with the Government.

A Government can not build or maintain character among the populaton when millions of crimes are ignored and special preferential treatment in violation of every law of the United States is afforded aliens at the expense of American Citizens.

A Government can not build or maintain character when Government Leaders conspire with Business Leaders to execute illegal profit-taking and labor market manipulation behind the backs of Voters and Consumers to bring an End to the United States.

Mr. President, THIS GOVERNMENT can not build character, because it doesn't have any.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You are a good example of that.
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

Re: BUSH: "GOVERNMENT CAN NOT CREATE CHARACTER"

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    President Bush spoke at a college graduation ceremony at Calvin College today in Grand Rapids, Michigan. FoxNews said he did not get much applause and that 146 people had signed a letter that was published in the Grand Rapids newspaper criticizing him for Iraq; catering to the wealthy; ignoring the needs of the poor; and creating a divisive America.

Well....lo and behold the man who wants to LEAD.

Mr. President, government can create character. It can also demand character. It does so by hiring people of character to run the government. Character building is not only part of leadership, it is fundamental to leadership of a decent, moral, just society. Government builds character through law, through codes of conduct and by example of the elected leaders, appointed managers, hired managers and supervisors to lead all employees hired to run the affairs of our Nation.

When there is no character visible in government, society loses "sight' of what it means to be Fair, Just, Legal and Compliant.

While I agree with the Nation's involvement in Iraq if for different reasons than why we really went into Iraq and disagree with the people in Grand Rapids on that point, I do agree that this President is catering to the wealthy and through his total abandonment of the Rule of Law is creating divisiveness, unrest and turmoil in our Nation, and has no concern for any poor of the United States, only the poor of other Nations.

A Government can not build or maintain character in a Nation where it fails to enforce American Laws that protect the very economic, social and political fabric of the Nation's Citizens.

A Government can not build or maintain character in business and industry when breaking the law is okay with the Government.

A Government can not build or maintain character among the populaton when millions of crimes are ignored and special preferential treatment in violation of every law of the United States is afforded aliens at the expense of American Citizens.

A Government can not build or maintain character when Government Leaders conspire with Business Leaders to execute illegal profit-taking and labor market manipulation behind the backs of Voters and Consumers to bring an End to the United States.

Mr. President, THIS GOVERNMENT can not build character, because it doesn't have any.
    I heard it more than 800 that signed the letter stating that the smirking chimp "does not represent the values we hold dear". This is a Christian school. A man with no character talking about the nation cannot create character is like a blind man, in a dark room, looking for a black cat, that is not THERE
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Good post, Judy...I sure hope it was 800...even 8,000 would suit me better.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Well written Judy!

creating a divisive America
    Maybe this issue we are working on can bring more Americans together.

I think more people are in the middle than on extreme ends of both parties.

In fact I think both parties have been hijacked.

OH!! Maybe I misunderstood the announcer, maybe it was 846!! Oh I hope so!! I thought 146 was alot for Grand Rapids. You know that is the home of President Gerald Ford!!

Great!! Go Grand Rapids!!

What an absurd statement for the President of the United States to tell college graduates setting out in life....Government can not build character...It has a DUTY to build character.

But, what would this President know about Duty or Character.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

My God if I ever get so desperate for advice on "character" that I go to Bush, just shoot me.

Darlene, I agree with you. I believe this issue will bring Americans together too. I also agree that both parties are being hijacked. The globalists are not political, they just use the politicians, so buy both Dems and Reps, i. e. working both sides of the street.

It's still unbelievable to me that Republicans, Conservatives, would be for Open Borders and what it will lead to.

Very disappointing...hopefully there are enough who will wake up and realize....this isn't going to fly....whatever it takes....with the American People.

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene
    Well written Judy!
    creating a divisive America
    Maybe this issue we are working on can bring more Americans together.

I think more people are in the middle than on extreme ends of both parties.

In fact I think both parties have been hijacked.
    I second this post... Yea, Judy!!!

Also, this is what I like about the issue of "illegal immigration"... Regular folks on both sides of the aisle are against it... The politicians don't know what to do, except not talk about it... Perhaps, if we keep pushing, we can change the character of government, so that it works to represent us rather than ignore us.

Both parties have become wings of the Business Party... You can either choose the Democratic wing of the Business Party or the Republican wing... But there's no party for the poor or middle class.
    "We have it in our power to begin the world over again." (Thomas Paine 1776 "Common Sense") "The cause of America is in great measure the cause of all mankind." ("Common Sense")

lost_mummy...you are right....the Business Party...GOOD ONE!!

AMERICANS UNITE!!!

Come Together, One for All And All for One...Traitors Beware!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast