Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB2012
    Y'all need to get a grip on things. A curfew does not sound unreasonable in any of the Katrina areas. I'm surpirsed one wasn't already set.
    You need to read the post again. They are not in a devastated area. They should not have a curfew in a town where everything is fine.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Re: I heard on the news

Quote Originally Posted by ohflyingone
    those 30,000 people in the convention center have been FORBIDDEN to leave! They said there is a bridge that they could walk across and at least try to get some help. Now I am hearing from the news that a checkpoint has been put on the bridge and they won't let these people through!
    The Westbank primarily survived the hurricane and it's my understanding the Jefferson Parish sheriff has the parish on lockdown. There have been first-hand reports of looting occurring on the Westbank - thugs taking up residence in vacant homes that survived the storm relatively unscathed are now being ravaged by looters. I can understand why the "refugees" aren't allowed to converge on the Westbank. Gangs are reported looting and even set on fire a major mall one day this week.

www.nola.com gives these accounts:

Go to the » Jefferson Parish forum

11229.3. Entering West Bank
    by legers, 9/3/05 3:14 ET
    Re: Can I reach Bridge City? by nezzar434, 9/3/05
    We're going in the morning. Know others that have gotten in via Hwy. 90 / River Road. We're leaving TX via I-10 to Port Allen and taking Hwy 1 to Raceland then following River to West Bank. Will update tomorrow when I get in. Heard there were a few check points along the way, but with I.D., they let you in. Also heard Nat'l Guard has heavy presence on WB and have hold looting and stopped those entering WB from East Bank. We're taking our own artillery though. Can't be too safe...

Go to the » Jefferson Parish forum

11195.1. Looting homes - official statement
    by winddancer9, 9/3/05 1:47 ET
    Re: LOOTING HOUSES by george1234, 9/3/05
    In urging people not to return, this is what local officials said about the looting
    No Return to Jefferson ParishREAD THIS NOTICETom Capella just made a TV announcement on a BR news station PLEADING JP ppl to NOT RETURN ON MONDAY. He will let us know when we can...this is what he had to say about Jeff Parish.

1. Almost all the water is gone and drained. Even by EJGH and Old Metairie-Rds can be driven on in these areas.

2. Electricity has actually returned to some parts. They are working on water.

3. MOST IMPORTANTLY--THEY HAVE CREATED A LOCK DOWN WITH A LARGE AMOUNT OF PROTECTION. HE ASSURED US THAT OUR HOMES WERE SAFE AND THERE ARE NO LONGER LOOTERS IN JEFF PARISH.

He is begging everyone in JP not to return because he fears some sort of collapse on the Interstate. He and his fellow workers are working on a way to let different areas in to the parish to get things...like by zip code or something.

He PLEADS WITH YOU TO NOT GIVE UP YOUR HOTEL RESERVATIONS, ETC. YOU WILL NOT BE LET IN. THERE IS NO GAS ANYWHERE. A 5-7 hr wait for gas in Jackson, MS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12