Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Bush's disapproval rating worst of any president in 70 years

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    Well in 2000 a person could have voted for Gore , in 2004 a person could have voted for Kerry .....hmmm...........I voted for Bush, both times. Did I have a choice?
    Yes, those names below the Dem and Rep candidates. Michael Peroutka ran in 04, and would have been a much better choice.

How could the border possibly be more open than it is today

How could Bush be seen in any way other than an abject failure as a president

The country would be no worse under a Dem administration. Not if illegal immigration is your primary concern (this being ALIPAC, and all....). Its impossible for us to be in a worse condition all things considered.

And this nation may not live to see mid-century thanx to this scumbag.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

I voted for Bush the first time but not the second time...I supported the war in Afghanistan...But I resent how he mis-led us into believing Iraq and Sadam Hussein was our real enemy after 9-11...I feel he has led us over a cliff with his lies regarding the war in Iraq, and I resent him for that...We should of stayed in Afghanistan and finished the job...In the mean time he refuses to secure our borders even after 9-11...The man is a liar and we are still in harms way...Plus he is allowing our country to be continually flooded with illegals from Mexico, all with his blessing... My city is ruined now because of all the illegals!

I going to defend Bush right now and put some of you in your place. First of all, would you have felt better about Gore in 2000 or John Kerry? Who appointed Al Gore the global warming czar? You know, he "invented the internet".

John Kerry? A bomb goes off in Bogota, Colombia in 2003 killing 35 innocents. Kerry, when asked by reporters a few days later about the terrorist attack said "...the FARC, (group that set off the bomb) has legitimate complaints against Colombia's government." Did Timothy McVeigh have legitimate complaints against Washington in order to kill children in Oklahoma City? I was in Bogota when that bomb went off. BTW Kerry did not condemn the bombers!

Gee, I remember when the Iraq war started, people had not forgotten 9-11. Now the tired American people have had enough. What have we lost in Iraq 4,000 soldiers? Not good BUT, how many were killed on Okinawa in 30 days? 16,000 killed and wonded. Gettysburg over 4 days? 40,000? Korean War? 47,000 Vietnam? 55,000 Normandy Beach 2100 in one day. 16 million Americans in uniform at the end of WW2 with a population then of what? 150 million. How many today? 3 million out of 300 million. We are fighting the war in Iraq with our pinky finger not two arms fully mobilized and swinging. CNN said that Israel destroyed a Syrian nuclear facility giving to them by North Korea. The US and Russia still have 80,000 nukes pointed at each other BTW.

Bush and Rummy screwed up ALIPAC folks by not sending 500,000 Americans to Iraq. They screwed up by not selling war bonds and setting up a draft and taking half of the NBA or Major league baseball to Iraq.

Jimmy Stewart actor and Ted Williams baseball greatest hitter.....flyboys in WW2 and Korea. Today? When is tough guy Bruce Willis and Rambo going to Afghanistan or Iraq?

If their is no attack on America by January 20th 2008 when Bush leaves in 5 or 10 or 15 years when people FORGET he will be admired. You watch.

Now, tell me what Bush Sr., Clinton, and even Reagan did to stop illegal immigration? Tell me! NOTHING!

People in Californai and Florida and on the Texas Mexican border have been complaining for 20 years about this and you folks up north didn't care but now that you have it in Seattle and Boise and Fargo and Appleton and New Hampshire and YOUR TOWN it is a big deal and rightfully so!

When the steel mills shut down in PA nobody cared until the computer programmer loses his job to India. Buy that Honda and buy that Toyota... Japanes cars and non union .... that lazy uneducated blue collar UAW union man makes too much at $30 an hout with benefits right? That was and still is the attitude. I got mine brother you get yours!
    Invest in China and India. New world order.....Council on foreign affairs...world economic council..... NAFTA CAFTA FTAA Ted Turner owns half of Chile and Bill Gates cares more about malaria then America. It is all good?

US military leaves the Phillipines, Panama, Puerto Rico, Ecuador etc and the Air Force buys it tankers from EADS of France instead of Boeing. Maybe we have been visited by extra terrestials and so we need to form a Star Trek type federation? I dunno....

Somehow it is all George Bush's fault? I am not so sure. Has he done anything about stopping illegal immigration? NO! Did slick Willie? Barry Hussein (Obama) marched with the illegals?

Yes, I am not to happy with Bush but is anybody really excited about Billary, Barry Hussein or McCain?

Again, enjoy your Olympics this summer.....your wealth...and they tell you it is good for America and you!

America cannot and will not do anything about illegal immigration but this country has lost its moral values and by political correctness cannot say NO to anybody or anything. You know what I mean....don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    I don't like Bush anymore than the rest of you, however, I feel folks are jumping the gun if they feel his success or failure as a president has already been determined for the history books. His legacy will be the war on terrorism (to include the Iraq war). Should we lose in Iraq and be forced out of the Middle East with our tail between our legs, I'm sure history will not be kind to the man. However, should we win it could be a different story. It'll all depend on Iraq and their influence in the Middle East. Just my opinion.......

Unfortunately, the history books will not judge Bush on his position regarding illegal immigration. That's a problem that existed before he assumed office.
    In the unlikely event the history books tell of Bush's real record in the "War on Terrorism", it won't be a plus for his legacy: www.deltax.net/bissett/a-terrorism.htm

Gooooood question roundabout! I think folks are spending way too much time bashing President Bush rather than thoughtfully asking theselves the question "What could he/should he have done different?" Historically, war time presidents maintain decent approval ratings, peace time presidents struggle with the congress, especially the opposing party. Besides, Bush is now a lame duck and the spotlight is on congress. Since last Novembers congressional elections, congress approval rating has plummeted, ie; they stink. Let's expend our energy on forcing congress to represent We The People, not the lobby's and anti American special interest groups. Truthfully, Bush Bashing is a childish and wasteful use of our intellectual resources. It's time to end it and get on with the job of focusing on improvements to our congressional representatives!

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    And which of the three leading contenders will do better?

Where is the silver lining?

RP?
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    Gooooood question roundabout! I think folks are spending way too much time bashing President Bush rather than thoughtfully asking theselves the question "What could he/should he have done different?"
    He could have not invaded Iraq, for starts.
    He could have reduced the size of government.
    He could have privatized Social Security.
    He could have not wiretapped we the people.
    He could have not tortured people in Guantanamo Bay.
    He could give the prisoners he is holding trials.
    He could have stopped illegal immigration.
    He could have provided incentives to bring back manufacturing jobs.
    He could have let the market run a free course.
    He could have done half the things he had in his original platform.

And that's just off the top of my head.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

I don't like Bush anymore than the rest of you, however, I feel folks are jumping the gun if they feel his success or failure as a president has already been determined for the history books. His legacy will be the war on terrorism (to include the Iraq war)..
    Iraq had absolutely nothing to do with the war on terror. There were no terrorists in Iraq. They had no weapons of mass destruction. They had no Al Qaeda. They did not attack anybody.

That's not a legacy to be proud of.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaTC
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    Gooooood question roundabout! I think folks are spending way too much time bashing President Bush rather than thoughtfully asking theselves the question "What could he/should he have done different?"
    He could have not invaded Iraq, for starts.
    He could have reduced the size of government.
    He could have privatized Social Security.
    He could have not wiretapped we the people.
    He could have not tortured people in Guantanamo Bay.
    He could give the prisoners he is holding trials.
    He could have stopped illegal immigration.
    He could have provided incentives to bring back manufacturing jobs.
    He could have let the market run a free course.
    He could have done half the things he had in his original platform.

And that's just off the top of my head.

And he could have pardoned, Ramo's and Compean!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaTC
    I don't like Bush anymore than the rest of you, however, I feel folks are jumping the gun if they feel his success or failure as a president has already been determined for the history books. His legacy will be the war on terrorism (to include the Iraq war)..
    Iraq had absolutely nothing to do with the war on terror. There were no terrorists in Iraq. They had no weapons of mass destruction. They had no Al Qaeda. They did not attack anybody.

That's not a legacy to be proud of.
    I agree with you AngelaTC, about Iraq!

Also Bushes refusal to secure our border and allowing this illegal invasion, makes him a criminal to me!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast