Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bush's words.......

http://blog.vdare.com/

EXECUTIVE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
    OFFICE OF MANAGEMENT AND BUDGET
    WASHINGTON, D.C. 20503
    October 24, 2007 (Senate) STATEMENT OF ADMINISTRATION POLICY
    S. 2205 – Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors Act of 2007 (Sen. Durbin (D) Illinois and two cosponsors) The Administration continues to believe that the Nation’s broken immigration system requires comprehensive reform. This reform should include strong border and interior enforcement, a temporary worker program, a program to bring the millions of undocumented aliens out of the shadows without amnesty and without animosity, and assistance that helps newcomers assimilate into American society. Unless it provides additional authorities in all of these areas, Congress will do little more than perpetuate the unfortunate status quo. The Administration is sympathetic to the position of young people who were brought here illegally as children and have come to know the United States as home. Any resolution of their status, however, must be careful not to provide incentives for recurrence of the illegal conduct that has brought the Nation to this point. By creating a special path to citizenship that is unavailable to other prospective immigrants—including young people whose parents respected the Nation’s immigration laws—S. 2205 falls short. The Administration therefore opposes the bill. The primary change wrought by S. 2205 would be to establish a preferential path to citizenship for a special class of illegal aliens. Specifically, S. 2205 awards permanent status to any illegal alien who is under 30, has been in the United States for five years after arriving as a child, and has completed two years of college or in the uniformed services. This path to citizenship is unavailable to any other alien, no matter how much promise he or she may have, no matter how much he or she may contribute to American society. Moreover, the path that S. 2205 creates would allow illegal aliens to obtain a green card before many individuals who are currently lawfully waiting in line. Sponsors of S. 2205 argue that the bill is necessary in order to give children who are illegal aliens incentives to obtain an education. But it is difficult to reconcile that professed aim with the bill’s retroactivity provisions: even those who attended college years earlier will be eligible for a green card. The legal status that the bill grants its beneficiaries means that they can petition almost instantly to bring family members into the country. It also places them on the fast track to citizenship because they can immediately begin accruing the residence time in the United States that is necessary for naturalization. Finally, this legal status entitles the bill’s beneficiaries to certain welfare benefits within five years. The bill is also indiscriminate in whom it would make eligible for the program. For example,
    S. 2205 includes loopholes that would authorize permanent status for certain aliens convicted of multiple misdemeanors and even felonies. The open-ended nature of S. 2205 is objectionable and will inevitably lead to large-scale document fraud. The path to citizenship remains open for decades, thus creating a strong temptation for future illegal aliens to purchase fraudulent documents on a burgeoning black market. Moreover, the bill’s confidentiality provisions are drawn straight from the 1986 amnesty law and will provide the same haven for fraud and criminality as that law did. Immigration is one of the top concerns of the American people—and of this Administration—but it needs to be addressed in a comprehensive and balanced way that avoids creating incentives for problems in the future. * *
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

OMG Booooshy understood the bill.. (where is the emoticon for fainting?)

Do you think if we have another sequel DREAM ACT 6, he would veto it?
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Do you think Bush is starting to see the light or just another ploy to take the heat of him and the administration?

Quote Originally Posted by Cakers
    Do you think Bush is starting to see the light or just another ploy to take the heat of him and the administration?
    I think he saw the problems with this bill. I also think that it did not go far enough for him, and this bill gave so many special privileges, that he thought it would destroy his hopes of a bigger amnesty.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    no... this statement came out AFTER the Voting was done. The only way his administration can try to save face with the people is too give the impression he is for the People.

I AM SURE HE HAD ANOTHER STATEMENT READY FOR RELEASE SAYING SOMETHING TO THE EFFECT THAT IMMIGRATION WAS IMPORTANT FOR AMERICA

Dont believe the Bu_l SH_T from the Trojon Horse
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

He makes my BLOOD BOIL.
    Proud to be an AMERICAN

I don't know but I'll gladly take it over the old things he used to say!!

What a miracle it would be if he was starting to hear us and understand that what we've been saying is completely and absolutely the truth.

I wouldn't count on it, but I am thankful for at least this much for the time being.

I won't get my hopes up too high.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    When I first read it i thought he was leading up to a way to pass a new bill in the weeks to come
    then i read it again and thought he should be doing something right away which he never keads into to ...
    I think hes got a year to hang onto and he is saying things...
    thats all saying things what ever we want to hear

I will never believe a word the man says again
    I cant, I just cant...

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakers
    I think he saw the problems with this bill. I also think that it did not go far enough for him, and this bill gave so many special privileges, that he thought it would destroy his hopes of a bigger amnesty.
    I hope he views the AgsJob bill the same way as giving special treatment to just one segment of illegal aliens and the possible document fraud in that. Do you know any farmer who keeps records of his illegals. I should say not. He's open to tax evasion.

I think hes got a year to hang onto and he is saying things...
    thats all saying things what ever we want to hear
    Greg, you may be right, but I seriously doubt he's just saying things that we want to hear. I would have a hard time belieiving that he had turned to that option or tactic. He's much too...well you know.....stubborn...shall we say....to do that. (That would be my opinion).

I don't know what is going on, but he's certainly been quiet lately. I hate to say it, but sometimes when he's quiet.......he's up to something!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast