Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buy American?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Buy American?

The one thing you can do even though the INS or ICE will do nothing is buy American if and when you can! I look for the Made in the USA label as much as I can even on fruits and vegetables. I cannot stand Hondas, Toyotas, Kia's etc. Sure, I know those companies now have plants in the US which is very good but are those workers being paid the wages of the UAW memebers at GM, Ford and Chrsyler? Yes, I know many of the parts of GM vehicles are made in other countries and GM has plants in Canada but I want my money staying in America if possible. Even at the corporate level! (Consumer Reports rated the BUICK Regal over the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord last year so think again if you think American quality is no good!)
    Here is my pecking order for buying goods and I check the labels closely.

1. USA of course.
    2. If I cannot find a USA product I look for Canadian, English or Spanish made. Canadian workers live quite well and the other two countries support us after 9-11. Italy too!
    3. Mexico By buying Mexican it might keep an illegal out of the USA.
    4. The rest of Latin America. Our neighbors.
    5. Japan and the rest of Asia except China.

When buying electronics I avoid China like the plague. We are running a 197 Bn deficit with China now. This is still a communist country that oppresses its people correct? I try to avoid Chinese goods if possible. (We trade with Communist China but still emabrgo Castro in Cuba?)

Yes, it is hard to buy totally American these days with so many plants that have been closed. "Hello my name is Roger and I live in Deli how may I help you" lol But I try and buy American and it is one thing you can do and feel good about.

I have to laugh at all those US flags I see in the stores that say "Made in China" Mine was made HERE!

PS I try and avoid Wal-Mart like a bad cold. I can find prices that are just as good at UNION grocery stores by checking the sales and COSTCO beats Sam's Club all to hell and they pay their workers very well! The head of Costco was told by Wall Street to lower the pay and benefits of his employees and he said no way. I like his attitude. Does Sam's Club do this with their people? NOPE!

Airplanes? If it ain't Boeing I ain't going! Look at what Airbus has been doing to Boeing with government subsidies.

We are Americans first act like one and try and support your country and people!

Flags

I have to laugh at all those US flags I see in the stores that say "Made in China" Mine was made HERE!
    The best place to buy a flag is from our Government. You can purchase them online. You can even have them flown over the capital first if you want to. To do that, with a certigication that they are flown and on what date, the total cost for a nice 3' x 5' is $18.75 inc. shipping. Best 50th wedding anniversary gift my parents got! Flown over the White House on their anniversary! They also got a card from Laura and George. These are for flags to hang on flagpoles not the poles on houses.

If you just want to order a flag, you can get the nylon or the cotton with the stripes and stars individually sewn on in different sizes and just pay shipping. The price is minimal (as one person put it to me -- we're not trying to make money off of these flags) and they are all "Made in the USA". Guaranteed.

You can get them through you Congressman, your H of R or go to US Gov and try there. Believe me they are worth the price and US Made! You'll never get one anywhere else again.

Thought you might want to know.

I certainly agree that you can and should Buy American First. I would buy an American made computer if I could find one. The closet I have is one assembled in the US from Foreign made components. I am constantly on the look out for US Manufactures.

Us Flags www.annin.com I saw that you can order flags from the goverment, but I dont want a used flag from them when I can buy a new one.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

!

They are new in the box. The only reason they would be used is if you ask them to fly it for you over the capital as a memorial for someone or something on a special day.

They are new in the box everytime. Sealed as a matter of fact.

chilean produce

Well personally folks, I buy chilean produce not american. 1. because it is better quality and 2. sanitation and 3. because I know that illegal aliens in america were not in charge of it. It is more expensive yes but for those 3 same reasons above that I have for buying chilean produce as opposed to american are the same reasons I dont shop at wal-mart. However, even though chilean produce exported here is still better than american produce, it is not near as good as the produce in Chile. For instance, the strawberries, grapes, etc. that you buy in Chile are much larger in size - especially grapes. Granted Mexico and Chile have been in litigation over Mexico claiming chilean produce to be that of Mexico so be careful.

My Parents grew up with Victory Gardens, and so did I.

I still grow all my own veggies and freeze/can/dry them.

I know what is in 'em, it's healthy, and cheaper too!

me

I buy from local farmer's, grow my own or use certified organic.

Re: me

Quote Originally Posted by good12me
    I buy from local farmer's, grow my own or use certified organic.
    Same here, especially after reading about GM food or should I say Transgenic foods that combine cockroach genes in tomatoes and things like that. Disgusting. Then the processed foods, like meats are processed mostly by illegals.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Talking about organic produce, but what about the factory farmed meat from tortured, diseased, hormone and penicillan pumped-up live animals and the deplorable conditions on the factory farms, plus many animals suffer pain and mutiliations such as tail docking, debeaking, dehorning, castration and branding with a red hot iron that causes third degree burns, sometimes face branding, and all of these without any anethesia or any pain relievers.

Now, what were the gripes here about PRODUCE???

Go to www.peta.org or the COK link (can't recall the exact link for COK but they've produced some commercials about factory farm cruelty on MTV as my teenage daughter has informed me, and view all the very disturbing videos (many, many online especially at PETA) and see just how that chicken, pig, veal calf, steer or milk cow suffered. Someone not long ago on this Alipac forum mentioned they wouldn't be eating any more chicken. Well, if you follow links and watch videos at the PETA or COK websites, you will see meat processing workers mistreating animals in the most cruel manner, during raising, transporation, and slaughter. Some of these videos, but not all, have to do with poultry. Tyson Foods has been criticized here and on PETA's website. Many major meat processing factory employees are illegal aliens. Watch the videos yourselves at links I've provided. Don't just blame the illegal aliens though when you witness extreme cruelty, blame the rich CEO F#$##ks and bean counters in the accounting departments of these corporations for their lack of humanity and wanting to save every frick#$#n penny they can to benefit the rich elite of these corporations at the expense of human and animal suffering. For me, the suffering of the animals is far worse than that of the employees, because the employees have a choice (and I might add many of them are illegal aliens and many employees are shown grossly abusing livestock and poultry).

Realism means that this planet will be able to sustain itself better with resources (i.e. food, water and gasoline not to mention a major reduction in polution) if the majority of humans adopt a vegetarian diet. Want facts? I'll look them up soon if anyone is interested and post here.

Note: I recall an article on Frosty Wooldridge's website called "Third World Cruelty to Animals." This has more to do with cock fighting, dog fighting and other forms of "entertainment type" cruelty I haven't mentioned here, but the article is worth a look.

While we Americans blame the third world for the destruction (or coming destruction) of planet Earth, we are guilty of having the most devastating ecological lifestyle on the face of this Earth partly by eating so much higher on the food chain than poor nations. A meat based diet causes much more use of natural resourses and causes much more polution and environmental destruction, not to mention the suffering the farm animals endure.

As a criticism of the third world population who come here for the "American dream," they adopt our lifestyle and food choices here as soon as they can afford to do so, thus cause just as much damage to Planet Earth, especially since they have a higher rate of offspring than the Europeon ancestry of the USA.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

I don't know about the PETA websites....I don't plan on looking at one...I know they talk out of both sides of their mouths...

I DO raise livestock. I'm a fourth generation rancher. So please tell me...what would you do with all these acres and acres of grass if my livestock didn't eat it?? Would you fire up the tractor (polluting the air with diesel fumes) and harvest it with a blade? That's all cattle do...harvest grass and other plants...creating pounds of gain...creating a profit margin for the owner...creating food for the millions of hungry people....I've visited the facility where my cattle are slaughtered....it's clean...it's fast...it isn't cruel. It isn't full of illegals, either.

My acreage is all organically maintained...no pesticides, no fertilizers, no herbicides. Just good clean grasses for the maintainance of my animals. I love my land....I love my stock...all of my cows have names and most of them were raised here.

PETA and other terrorists of their ilk love to give agriculture a bad name...undeserved I might add. The land of this nation has been preserved by ranchers...we're the best, most caring, most involved group of people that the land or animals could hope to have. The environmentalists would already have destroyed it as they have no idea how to maintain land.

Perhaps this is off topic...sorry about that. Ranchers and ranching have been unfairly attacked for a long long time...and that's just something ELSE that I'm really tired of...

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast