Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Call Senator Hutchison's Office Today !

Hi all,
    I just called Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison's Texas office to voice my firm opposition to the Bush/Kennedy amnesty bill, and that I found Pres. Bush's comments in Georgia yesterday insulting & disgusting.

As Sen. Hutchison mentioned over the weekend that she may support this bill is there is a "touch back" provision whereby illegals briefly return home before coming back to the US (my understanding of how this would basically work), I asked the staff member if she knew how long illegal immigrants would have to "touch back" before returning to the US. The staff member politely told me she didn't know, but this may come out in amendment next week.

As Sen. Hutchison is a key senator who has voiced reservations about the amnesty bill, we need to keep her on our side. No doubt Bush is leaning on her heavily to support amnesty. So PLEASE call or visit her office today and tell her NO to the BUSH/KENNEDY amnesty agreement.

Her Washington DC number (202-224-5922) is often busy, so you can call her Texas offices:
    512-916-5834
    214-361-3500

(They will request Texas zip code)

THANKS FOR YOUR ACTIVISM! DON'T LET UP!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I called and listed the reasons to oppose the bill. I threw in how the "touch back" concept may be a good one in theory, but it just isn't going to happen with this bill.

Thanks Sam, I hope many others call!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I phoned too, told them many are reading the bill, we are on line exchanging up to date information. Let them know, we watch and listen to c-span.

I saw her on the senate floor speak about some provisions of her amendments. Ask them most politely to let her know. "any amount of money taken from their paychecks and paid to local medicaid providers_ would Not begin to cover the health care cost. The burden would be on the American people. That was unexceptable.

The bill has no protection for the American Taxpayer. In fact provides "Earned Income Tax credit" for those here illegally, using stolen or forged Social Security numbers. Senator Kennedy's outrage that an amendment would remove this Option, proved how bias this legislation is.

Have sent again the Heritage Foundation data. Thank you for your encouragement here at ALIPAC.

sorry, forgot to mention touch back. It will not happen. It means nothing a touch back still leaves them coming right back. Those left here still tap into our social services paid for by tax money.

Touch back does not address the many of honest, people around the world that are waiting Legally to come here and become a Part of this great country.

To give those unknown millions here any form of legalization is unexceptable. It is dangerous. Let them know in past legislation the 'touch back' was part of other options, registration with Mexican Offices in the United States.... After 9-11 I expect more from my elected officials than just a touch back.

*** Hope everyone understands that the BILL is NOT available and all that is available is the "Final DRAFT"!!

NOTE: the 'Bill" on Thomas is the OLD S2611 that Reid placed there under the new number S1348 on May 10th for the alternate if the so-called negotiations weren't finished by last week.

If anyone is running through the Thomas S1348, they're wasting their valuable time.

We have the Final Draft given to the House Reps.
    If anyone wants the pdf, please let me know and I'll get it to you asap.

We don't want them to "touch back", we want them to "go back!" And even if that provision is taken out, it still allows those here illegally to stay here in a variety of other ways.

I wrote to Senator Hutchinson, as well as all of the others, and I will continue to do keep writing.

No scamnesty!
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    *** Hope everyone understands that the BILL is NOT available and all that is available is the "Final DRAFT"!!

NOTE: the 'Bill" on Thomas is the OLD S2611 that Reid placed there under the new number S1348 on May 10th for the alternate if the so-called negotiations weren't finished by last week.

If anyone is running through the Thomas S1348, they're wasting their valuable time.

Once again, thank you. I understood it was a "draft" the media refers to it as a "bill" so often I did as well. Had no idea of the details 2ndamendsis, thank you. What then is used, if the "draft" is not a source of information?

I faxed her my own fax last night to both offices plus numbers usa faxes today.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Boston_tea
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis

Once again, thank you. I understood it was a "draft" the media refers to it as a "bill" so often I did as well. Had no idea of the details 2ndamendsis, thank you. What then is used, if the "draft" is not a source of information?
    BOSTON
    First ~ the DRAFT IS the source. The only source we have to date!
    The 'bill on Thomas' is NOT the source.

several of us have been ringing the Senate offices attempting to get the 'facts' straight. It's convoluted at best but this is what we've come up with as of last night so bear with me.

The PDF of the Final Draft {we got from our wonderful source in the House} is what the Reps and others are using. Numbers and Heritage foundation apparently also have the 'draft' and are using the same document as well.
    ** Interestingly, our 'draft' is 10 pages longer {the one we received from our Congressional source}

Where the information becomes crazy is that Sessions, Vitter & Bunning's offices {our target good guys} are not aware that Thomas hasn't been updated!

We were last told several contradictory pieces of info:
    * that the DRAFT is what the Senator's were given last Thursday and are working from that document - adding amendments.

* that the Senator's have an approx 1000 page doc

So, lol, in confusing conclusion, we need to focus on the DRAFT.
    NOTE: it is NOT in any legal language and many important sections were left out!! A virtual hodge podge of crap thrown together including BILATERAL HEALTH CARE WITH MEXICO.

Anyone who wants a copy - let me know and I'll send it via email.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast