Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

And someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the so-called "touch back" would only apply to those who would want citizenship, and not those who would want to just continually renew their "z-visas."

In other words, it's nonsense. Sounds similar to what Rep. Mike Pence peddled last year with his so-called "Ellis Island" centers.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    And someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the so-called "touch back" would only apply to those who would want citizenship, and not those who would want to just continually renew their "z-visas."

In other words, it's nonsense. Sounds similar to what Rep. Mike Pence peddled last year with his so-called "Ellis Island" centers.
    Yup!

Tancredo stated the other night that it's a PERPETUAL LEGALIZATION of those who do not apply for 'citizenship' AND...... for icing on the cake-----
    are guaranteed never to be deported!!

There are loop holes big enough to drive through fleets of mexican tankers.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just talked to Hutchison's Houston office. They said the Senator wants the entire family to go back, and only then can the worker apply in Mexico for any type of legal status. In other words it is the opposite of the Kennedy/McCain amnesty now, touch back later if you feel like it. If that's the case she needs to call it a "go back" provision.

Anyone who wants a copy - let me know and I'll send it via e

gee I sure hope this attempt to post a quote, is the proper way to post. Please send me the latest "copy of the draft"......have you isolated the "new 10 pages?" (my hands are folded in prayer, Oh please say you have...) canyou get my email from my profile? (fyi, i function in massive pain...so please bear with me...i appreciate your kindness)

Re: Anyone who wants a copy - let me know and I'll send it v

Quote Originally Posted by Boston_tea
    gee I sure hope this attempt to post a quote, is the proper way to post. Please send me the latest "copy of the draft"......have you isolated the "new 10 pages?" (my hands are folded in prayer, Oh please say you have...) canyou get my email from my profile? (fyi, i function in massive pain...so please bear with me...i appreciate your kindness)
    No problem BOSTON.
    Anything to help.

No on the pages. We've been shredding it as a whole.
    I'll email it to you now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    I just talked to Hutchison's Houston office. They said the Senator wants the entire family to go back, and only then can the worker apply in Mexico for any type of legal status. In other words it is the opposite of the Kennedy/McCain amnesty now, touch back later if you feel like it. If that's the case she needs to call it a "go back" provision.
    Just read your post. Got off the phone with the DC office. They told me the same thing. Then I ask for it in writing... got a vague go to the web site all her statements on immigration are on our site.

Let her know having seen the outtakes from her Memorial Day soundbytes, none of the entire family going back and waiting came across at all. Naturally, I sounded very sympathetic that her entire statement was being omitted... I was told they would let her know.

Then I stressed a need for a press release fully explaining her position on the entire family returning and the legnth of stay she would require.

Crud, forgot to ask if her position on this 'touch back' was a deal breaker for her. Need to try to get to her site. If anyone can go please do. My ablility to search is very limited today.

"TOUCH BACK"

This sounds like a classic case of "what's in the details??!"

For example:

-Do ALL illegals, including all family members, have to go back to their country or origin before they get ANY type of "legal status," including of course for "z-visas" etc.??

-HOW LONG do they "touch back," or go back, AND do they GO TO THE END OF REAL LINE?? If so, wouldn't this then take years for them to get legal status or citizenship due to the millions of law abiding would-be immigrants who are already waiting in line?

-And what type of bureaucracy will be set up to administer and enforce all of this, and how much funding will be appropiated for this, and what is the timetable for all of this?? And will we deport those who don't "touch back"??

Needless to say, the whole thing sounds very fishy and vague to me!

A virtual hodge podge of crap thrown together including BILATERAL HEALTH CARE WITH MEXICO[/quote]
    What? Just went back and saw that little ditty. Would you care to elaborate?
    omg, its possible that I'm posting quotes backwards sorry.

Just sent their office a fax. Can't wait to see what response (if any) we will get back.

Re: "TOUCH BACK"

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    This sounds like a classic case of "what's in the details??!"

For example:

-Do ALL illegals, including all family members, have to go back to their country or origin before they get ANY type of "legal status," including of course for "z-visas" etc.??

-HOW LONG do they "touch back," or go back, AND do they GO TO THE END OF REAL LINE?? If so, wouldn't this then take years for them to get legal status or citizenship due to the millions of law abiding would-be immigrants who are already waiting in line?

-And what type of bureaucracy will be set up to administer and enforce all of this, and how much funding will be appropiated for this, and what is the timetable for all of this?? And will we deport those who don't "touch back"??

Needless to say, the whole thing sounds very fishy and vague to me!
    that is exactly what I am wondering. This 'draft' has so very many 'new additions to our country' which group of millions, Does she intend to touch back, go back... ? The lovely "Adjustment Factor" certainly puts the snafoo on any of the numbers being "fixed" ....lol, that is exactly what it does to the consept of 'fixed numbers" the wording 'fixes it'...renders the numbers void... UP UP and away... their ability to play with words, to use traditional phrases to imply is .... well I won't say what I think it is.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast