Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Button Blues

Quote Originally Posted by good12me

It does not make me feel very motivatied to get any possible good work done, nor does it make me feel very ALIPAC-Friendly since it is used as an AVATAR on this sight.

I understand why it is being used and the freedom of the person to use it, I just find it personally horrendous. As a person who almost lost her father to Dessert Storm when he was 58 and in the National Guard, it just hits me the wrong way and makes me mad and sad all at the same time.

I'm also afraid that a first time visitor who sees it might get the wrong idea of our website and visit elsewhere. They might not take the time to realize we are not condoning the button, what it means or stands for.

Just my .02 worth.
    And a good 2 cents good12me!

Maybe Brian will use my "right side up "(U.S. Flag on top) as his avatar, which will remove any doubt about his feeling toward it. It also turns Bush upside down, which is exactly how he is on this one!

Tell Dad happy Father's Day and thank him for all of us for his service!

Why not buy them in bulk and deliver them to the White House compliments of Alipac?

Because dumbya would think they were a gift from his buddy fox!
    Even dubya ain't dumb enough to think Fox is part of ALIPAC, jp!!!

California or ground zero of the invasion
    IMHO, every time I see the button, it just pisses me off and I lose my train of thought.

It does not make me feel very motivatied to get any possible good work done, nor does it make me feel very ALIPAC-Friendly since it is used as an AVATAR on this sight.
    I guess this is being directed at me since I decided to use the button as an avatar? The button does not make me happy either, as does the policies of the president currently in office. However, I think it is important for everyone to see what Bush represents and the kind of garbage a republican web site is selling in support of him. The more people that see it the better. I look at as an anti Bush symbol.

If the "Viva Bush" button offends you then how can you be less offended by the Bush administartion, and everything else currently going on in regards to illegal immigration? You should learn to redirect the anger into something constructive against illegal immigration, because if you don't you may have to endure living in a corrupt third world country called the United States. A far worse fate in my humble opinion.

I understand why it is being used and the freedom of the person to use it, I just find it personally horrendous. As a person who almost lost her father to Dessert Storm when he was 58 and in the National Guard, it just hits me the wrong way and makes me mad and sad all at the same time.
    Well I have a father who spent 20 years in the Navy and served during WW II, a brother who enlisted in the Navy during the Viet Nam war, a cousin who served 4 years in the Army as a paratrooper and was part of the Grenada invasion, and my best friend did 20 years in the Navy. I think I understand what it is like having people close to you serving their country, and the sacrifices they make defending our freedoms.

I'm also afraid that a first time visitor who sees it might get the wrong idea of our website and visit elsewhere. They might not take the time to realize we are not condoning the button, what it means or stands for.
    I highly doubt that is going to happen when someone visits the web site. It is fairly obvious when a person sees the home page and the content of the discussion groups the site is dedicated to fighting against illegal immigration, and is 100% pro United States. I don't see how my avatar is going to scare them away. So far you are the only person that has objected to my use of it.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

California or ground zero of the invasion

Re: Button Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Berk

Just my .02 worth.
    And a good 2 cents good12me!

Maybe Brian will use my "right side up "(U.S. Flag on top) as his avatar, which will remove any doubt about his feeling toward it. It also turns Bush upside down, which is exactly how he is on this one!

Tell Dad happy Father's Day and thank him for all of us for his service!
    Thanks for the suggestion but I will then have the stars and stripes upside down. I will go with the uncensored version as is. Either way you display it the button is not flattering of Bush.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hey Berk! I appreciate your understanding my feelings regarding the button. We can't show it upside down however, because our flag upside down is the international signal for distress.

Also, as someone who goes to the National Cemetary and repairs the flags there when they are in disrepair and has a flag in a triangle in a box with a name on it in her home, I have personal feelings regarding the flag.

I can name quite a few people, being born at the home of Camp Lejeune who might find the button somewhat distasteful.

I do not like the button. Neither do you or anyone else here on Alipac. I'm sure there are no Military people or ex-Military people who like it. As I said, anyone who is a newcomer who might be browsing the General Discussion or any other forum where they may see the Avatar displayed in the future, who have not seen this particular forum regarding the button, might not understand and take offense.

I did not insult you, I don't think Brian and if I did, I sincerely apologize. I would never intentionally insult or offend anyone on this forum or anywhere else. Ask William. He's known me quite awhile.

As for our government, they know where I stand. They hear from me alot. And not just about ALIPAC either. Believe it or not, there are alot more things going on right now than illegal aliens on the Hill. This is just one of the many things I am an Advocate for.

For instance, did you know the drug companies and health insurance companies are trying to get a bill passed that would allow them to no longer pay for brain injuries or mental health issues? No drugs. No hospital. No nothing. Sorta like when you leave your home, your brain just stays there on the coffee table while you go out and do your business. If you get broadsided by an 18 wheeler and have a brain injury, the companies will cover nothing. No drugs. No hospital. Nothing.

But that's another forum on another website for another time.

If I insulted you regarding your Avatar, Brian, then again let me apologize. My intention was not to insult or irritate you -- just to perhaps imply that it might not be the best Avatar at your disposal to "say" what you are trying to say on this forum. Not everyone shares the same point of view.

Well I have a father who spent 20 years in the Navy and served during WW II, a brother who enlisted in the Navy during the Viet Nam war, a cousin who served 4 years in the Army as a paratrooper and was part of the Grenada invasion, and my best friend did 20 years in the Navy. I think I understand what it is like having people close to you serving their country, and the sacrifices they make defending our freedoms.
    I guess I should also have added that my Dad retired from the Guard after 30 years. My husband was in the Air Force for 16. My Brother-in Law was a gunner in Nam. My Uncle killed in Nam. 14 very real and good friends lost in Nam. Two Uncles in the Army for 25 years. One Uncle in the Marines -- still is. One neice in the Air Force and still is. One nephew who will be going to Iraq in two weeks. Having grown up in Jacksonville, NC the Military was a way of life. I had many close friends drafted and I graduated in the 70s to give you a time line. I think I can truthfully say I've got you trumped on the military stuff. I've lost too many to count in Nam. 7 in Korea. 12 in WWII. Can I stop counting now or would you like to keep on? There are many, many more losses that I care not to grieve over this night.

We can continue competing in a pissing contest if you like, but I prefer to remain friends. I've had absolutely no problems with anyone on Alipac since I started here Oct. 22, 2004. I don't intend to start now.

As a woman I truly admire, Maya Angelou says:

Living life as art requires a readiness to forgive.

It ends here.

1. I dont recommend that any of us give this company one damn dime. If we do that or increase their profits in any way it is counter to our goals and point. We dont have to buy it for people to see it.

2. The avatar is fine. I don't think anyone will misunderstand it in the context of this site.

3. If the button pains anyone to see it, deal with it. There are many more painful things for us to read, see, and eventually experience in our own lives over this sell out of our nation. This site is not a place to make us all feel better.

Some people use the LA Billboards now as their avatar and many people found that offensive. Some people use the ghost images of the world trade towers. None of this is pleasant folks.

The avatar is timely, appropriate, and clearly does not violate any of our rules.

Now, we need more forum users weighing in on how they feel about this button... how they think others might react and some possible courses of action.

That is what our site is about. Action... not venting... action. We are training activists here.

William
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well....I do think we need to buy a few so we have them as evidence and to send to people we might want to help us make a mission out of it.

William, I believe it is a very important development. It's amazing that you found it and that one of our members happened to be somewhere where they were selling them.

I think it's a national media event, personally. William you should call Lou Dobbs, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, a Nation Wide Press Release .... exposing the "thinking" behind such a design on a Republican Party Button.

Is it a joke? What's funny about it? The people crossing our borders through Mexico are killing people, infecting people with disease, stealing our jobs, destroying our medical care, crowding and disrupting our educational process, dividing our nation, weakening our nation, all to END OUR NATION. Is this funny to someone in the Republican Party? If so, we need to find out who that is and expel them from the Party.

Is it for real? Is it a subtle disclosure by people in the know, with the future so well in their thoughts that this slipped out because to them it is a fait accompli?

Is it for VOTES? Is it a button to lure the Latino Vote from Mexico? Why use a flag of Mexico to lure American Legal Voters? That would be silly. So, what is left? A button to lure the ILLEGAL VOTE in the US, to violate our Citizenship Law, to step on our Right to Vote Amendments....Women had to Fight and March and argue with their husbands....to secure the right to Vote in the United States. And illegal aliens can just cross the border, get a driver's license and waltz right in and change the political structure of the United States...with a button to slap on their lapel....that says...good job illegal voter....VIVA BUSH!!

This is repugnant and what it suggests, lures, entices, promotes....is ILLEGAL!!! Do the makers of these buttons split profits with the Republican Party? Probably....so, this is a MAJOR DEAL in my view because it is evidence of criminal intent to violate our federal election laws and court illegal voters for the upcoming elections possibly to elect George Bush for a Third Term. Remember....the 22nd Amendment is up for repeal....which if passed by Congress and 3/4 of the states concur....all the "red states" which is more than enough....we will have to live with Bush forever. It may even be evidence of "past transgressions". I don't want my political party behaving this way....in elections. I want all our votes for the party to be legal American Citizens and I would hope the Democrats will soon see the wisdom in that as well.

VIVA BUSH = KING GEORGE IV!!

This button needs to used to tell the story of the political motivation behind it...to get illegals from Mexico to the polls in upcoming elections.

In fact, the Federal Election Commission might want to see one of these buttons and track the splits of the $4.00. That's pretty pricey if you ask me. How big is the button? Lapel size? Plate Size? Saucer Size?

This is the reason you need to purchase some....as evidence and to hand out the real thing to people you want to tell the story and deliver the message that what this button represents is the problem, the man, enticing Mexican voters, turning elections with illegal voters....it's a major deal.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

PS: No bickering. Let's work as a team and let's keep our eyes on our enemies. They are winning. Have you not noticed?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

An activist in training, I am honored

I like the avatar, I think is appropriate for ALIPAC.

Ink in cheaper and we wouldn't be supporting them in any way, why don't we make copies? Say on business cards with the web address, so if they have any doubt about its authenticity they can see for themselves.

Yes, W, I feel the steamroller getting closer and closer. Actually, I feel like that lone Chinese man in front of the tank at Tienamon Square. But as someone told me just recently, we must fight on!
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456