Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The Case for Stand Alone Protests

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Case for Stand Alone Protests

My two cents worth:

Perhaps there was a mix up, I got lost and was very late, but as far as I know, I was the only one who showed up for a scheduled proteston on an expressway overpass August 30.

My post is not intended to be critical of others. Stuff happens and sometimes organized events fail for many reasons including wrong information. But patriots, when nobody else shows up, don’t just go home.

These are desperate times. This is no time for timidity. I think Will Gheen is absolutely correct: one person is better than no persons. And with that in mind I stayed there for 4 hours, alone. Again I am not looking for praise or to demean others. My point is this: if it is only you, then you stay. You be there-- alone. You be the scheduled protest. You will end run the enemy “news” media’s Berlin wall of silence, and many uninformed citizen will hear our message because you were there telling it to them.

I know a lot of people would be embarrassed, thinking they will look like a kook that nobody else agrees with, and it could even be counterproductive. But patriots, remember it is one thing to hold a sign that says “the world will end tomorrow” and another to protest what almost everyone is aware of “massive illegal immigration.” The message makes a huge difference in how people perceive your protest.

It occurred to me there can be some positive psychological influences working in favor of a single protester standing alone. Americans love the image of the tough, principled individualists. Remember the movie, Mr. Smyth Goes to Washington? Remember the famous magazine cover painted by Norman Rockwell of the man in work clothes standing up in a public meeting saying something rather bold? Americans love the image of the little guy fighting for justice against the rich and powerful establishment. You standing alone can create that positive image in the minds of many uninformed citizens and cause them to like you and therefore more likely to be influenced by your message. Almost certainly they will remember your being there far more than anything else about their boring drive.

During the recent primary in Tennessee I stood alone near the poling place with a sign critical of Alexander and for Joe Carr. I got more than a few positive comments about my tenacity and non committal about of my choice of candidates, including one expressing admiration for my lonely vigil. I got the impression those people were undecided voters. And certainly I got many positive tooting horns from the passing traffic when I stood on the overpass. Apparently my being alone did not create a negative impression on them.

Look at the enemy; they work hard to conceal that it is they who are the rich and powerful and their shills. From the naïve Occupy Wall Street children to the Democrat Party and every Marxist in between, everything they say is designed to create the fiction that they are the common man fighting the evil rich. This is a powerful, emotional, psychological weapon that the hardcore left has been diligent in forging; we must not allow them to have an uncontested monopoly of that potent mental image. They are now trying to imbue their drive for amnesty with that false image of helping the poor down trodden “little guy” (illegal aliens). Because obviously you are “a little guy,” your lonely vigil would be a direct contradiction of that false scenario.

Winning the battle for public sympathy and awareness involves a lot of psychology; let us learn from the success of the enemy and devise some new weapons of our own.

Patriots, perhaps you can organize “a protest of one” inbetween scheduled demonstrations because they tend to be few and far between. We waste a lot of time and energy preaching to the choir. Because the “news” media works mightily to make us invisible, we need a constant presence before the public. Would it not be great to have one or many people every week on many overpasses or somewhere with a lot of pedestrian traffic until the open borders lobby is beaten into impotent? And repetition makes people remember.

Patriots, let us develop the power of the single individual as a supplement to large protests.

Don’t be timid. Remember “only the brave are free.” Stop waiting for somebody else to lead; you be the leader for yourself, and very often others will follow.
    Last edited by csarbww; 08-31-2014 at 04:02 PM.

Thank you csarbww, im posting this on some of our Overpasses for America social media pages. May your words and deeds be an inspiration to others brother!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)