Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Challenge CNN

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Challenge CNN

I know we have many allies in CNN; however, several times on their morning show they were discussing Bush's low approval rating. They continue to say the low rating is amazing after Bush's immigration speech since polls show 76% of America approves of a citizenship path for illegals who have been here for several years.

Where are they getting those statistics? E mail and challenge those polls they keep discussing.

I for one have not spoken to one person anywhere throughout the US that is in favor of amnesty.

Re: Challenge CNN

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne
    I know we have many allies in CNN; however, several times on their morning show they were discussing Bush's low approval rating. They continue to say the low rating is amazing after Bush's immigration speech since polls show 76% of America approves of a citizenship path for illegals who have been here for several years.

Where are they getting those statistics? E mail and challenge those polls they keep discussing.

I for one have not spoken to one person anywhere throughout the US that is in favor of amnesty.
    I heard the same stats on Fox news. Its a crock!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I believe that this is part and parcel of the press's mind game. They feel if they dont have all the facts or the facts are against them that at least if they put it out their way that they will say it enough that the people wont check and start to believe them and in this way they can change the actual feeling of the people.
    Your Rights END where MY Rights Begin. You have NO Rights if You Are ILLEGAL.

Right. Opinion forming polls.

MJ

These polls were probably taken at day labor sites.

(CNN) -- Americans generally agree with the major elements of President Bush's immigration reform plan, but they still say they disapprove of the way he is handling the immigration issue, according to a new CNN poll released Thursday.

By a 2-to-1 margin, those polled said they favored Bush's plan to deploy National Guard troops along the U.S.-Mexico border. And by an even larger margin -- 79 percent to 18 percent -- they said they favored allowing illegal immigrants who have been in the United States for many years to apply for citizenship.

However, respondents in the poll, conducted by Opinion Research Corporation, were more evenly split when it came to Bush's temporary worker program.

Asked if they favored a program that would allow temporary workers to come to the United States without leading to citizenship, 48 percent were in favor and 46 percent opposed, which was within the poll's sampling error of plus or minus 3 percentage points. (Posted 10:01 p.m.)

Senators block 'poison pill' amendment to immigration bill
    WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The Senate Thursday night defeated an amendment for the immigration bill that would have blocked low-skilled guest workers from getting on a path to citizenship.

Described as a "poison pill" amendment by backers of the compromise bill now on the Senate floor, the measure was defeated by a 58-35 vote.

The amendment was offered by Sens. John Cornyn, R-Texas, and Jon Kyl, R-Ariz. (Posted 9:47 p.m.)

That is absurd !!!! I have not spoken to one person anywhere that supports these poll numbers.

Part of it could be the wording of the poll questions and part of it could be asking around the newsroom what their opinions are

More than likely they are polling illegal immigrants and liberals to skew the poll.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I have been seaching CNN's website, in vain it seems, for a "contact" link where I can complain. Any suggestions?

challenge CNN

On CNN website...go all the way to the bottom of the page, on the left hand side "contact us"

Quote Originally Posted by greyparrot
    I have been seaching CNN's website, in vain it seems, for a "contact" link where I can complain. Any suggestions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast