Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Change Immigration Policy in Light of Job Losses?

From Cafferty File:Tell Jack How You Really Feel:

February 12, 2009

Change immigration policy in light of job losses?

Posted: 05:00 PM ET
    From CNN’s Jack Cafferty:

With the U.S. economy hemorrhaging jobs, it might be time to reconsider this country’s immigration policy.

Immigrants arriving at Ellis Island in 1905. Is it time to change our immigration policy?

Just last month our economy lost nearly 600,000 jobs, hitting an unemployment rate of 7.6%. Since December 2007 the economy has shed 3.6 million jobs, with almost half of those losses occurring in the last 3 months alone.

Meanwhile, there are millions and millions of legal and illegal immigrants who have jobs in this country. These job losses also come at a time when President Obama is under increasing pressure from Hispanic groups, who helped get him elected, to loosen up on the more aggressive immigration policies of the Bush administration. They’re calling on the new president to push for comprehensive reform that would balance law enforcement with new legal avenues to citizenship.

But some might wonder if now is the right time to make it easier for more people to get into this country when millions of Americans are struggling to find work. Remember when all we heard was that illegal aliens do the work Americans are unwilling to do? I wonder if that’s still the case today.

Others insist that this is the wrong time to close immigrants out. Tom Friedman writes in the New York Times about the importance of opening the U.S. economy to a smart and energetic immigrant workforce. Friedman says protectionism didn’t cause the Great Depression but did helped make it “greatâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Others insist that this is the wrong time to close immigrants out. Tom Friedman writes in the New York Times about the importance of opening the U.S. economy to a smart and energetic immigrant workforce. Friedman says protectionism didn’t cause the Great Depression but did helped make it “greatâ€
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here is my reply to you Jack Cafferty. I listened to you during the great immigration debates. If you were too stupid to see what was going on then, then you are far too stupid to see what's going on now. I listened to you whine about "we can't deport millions of illegal aliens" and I listened to your lies about "Jobs Americans Won't Do" and I listened to your wails about "we're a nation of immigrants".

Anyone so uninformed as to quote Globalist Friedman and only now raise the question about whether anything this pro-immigration movement has said was true then or now, when nothing they said was true then or now, doesn't deserve a Tee Vee Show and their own Blog.

You need to be fired Jack, given a pink-slip, and the mess you caused will surely provide you with one, and maybe THEN, you and many of those who blogged on your site supporting immigration to promote their own self interest wil ... finally get it.

Lets the card fall where they may, and I hope they fall square in your laps.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

[quote]Writes Friedman, “When the best brains in the world are on sale, you don’t shut them out. You open your doors wider. We need to attack this financial crisis with green cards not just greenbacks.â€
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Friedman is a treacherous Globalist. He doesn't have it wrong, he just lies to promote globalism.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn