Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Channel 2 news. SOB story of Georgia farmers

Channel 2 news in New York just showed a farmer who says he is losing thousands of dollars because he can't get anyone to pick his berries. due to the new Georgia immigration law
    Then they show a poor illegal crying " please don't make us leave this place" The farmer said he is the third generation running his farm.... I wanted the commentator to ask who picked his damn berries in prior generations before the illegals got here!!!! But of course he didn't

CBS Evening News reported the same sad story tonight. I kept wondering when they would ask the farmer why he did not hire foreign workers the "Legal Way" like other legite farmers do.

But the commentator did finally say the Gov. said GA. had no choice because IA's were costing GA. 2 Billion a year for school & medical cost.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

------------------------

Hell. I'd go pick berries every summer for 12.00 an Hr! Right now, at least to me, that's alot of money.

If he'll pay for gas and housing I just may go. Any other takers? I'd make sure that the Media caught wind of this to report that Citizens are working the fields.
    ------------------------

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    Hell. I'd go pick berries every summer for 12.00 an Hr! Right now, at least to me, that's alot of money.

If he'll pay for gas and housing I just may go. Any other takers? I'd make sure that the Media caught wind of this to report that Citizens are working the fields.
    12$ an hour! No s---!! I think cry-baby farmer just needs to make a sign and post it at the road and his berries will get picked!!!

Quote Originally Posted by strugglingcitizen
    12$ an hour! No s---!! I think cry-baby farmer just needs to make a sign and post it at the road and his berries will get picked!!!
    That's what he pay's illegals, they're desperate, so I'd up the antee a little.
    And all this "working back breaking hours" is Bull Sh*t! They can select their hours even illegals can.
    They go from farm to farm, so why would someone that depends on them,

put pressure on them to feel obligated.
    But now it's drilled into the heads of all these Citizens and because of that
    sympathy sets in. IT"S BULL SHIT!
    I was raised on a farm.
    ------------------------

Channel 2 news. SOB story of Georgia farmers

Aztlan Rising /Let Us Not Lose Focus

Aztlan

http://youtu.be/ajkAP_M4ZAM

Happy 4TH OF July

Ok, they need workers right? Well it's summer time, are you going to tell me you can't find High School students that could use a bit of money?

The farmers, or someone, need to organize and set up a program for people. I read about the probationers trying to do this job and those poor people were set up. No one told them to bring gloves or wear light long sleeve shirts and hats to help block the sun. No one told them what to expect or even how to do the job easily. Instead they were told to get to work and then people compared how they did to people who knew what to do and what to expect. That just doesn't work.

The idea is to organize and train. Training is the key and it can be done! If they can't handle the mid day sun then have them come out in the early morning and then back in the late evening. It's not hard to set up one of those out side pavilion things, for shade, and provide water. Heck, you could have 2 different groups of people too. One for morning and one for evening. 3 if you can find people willing to work during the mid day heat/sun.

Part of the problem is the farmers keep claiming that no one can do this. That kind of attitude is a deliberate set up to fail attitude. Think positive, be positive and it can be done..but I think the farmers will have to be forced to realize that the days of cheap illegal workers are over. As long as they think they can whine and complain and get the illegals back, then they will refuse to change.

If we can land a man on the moon and defeat Nazism, we can figure out how to get American citizens interested in picking strawberries. I suspect up until now, these farmers had no incentive to do so, with all the illegal invaders at their disposal.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They've got a system where the pickers bounce from farm to farm, and State to State. The real issue involved in bringing Americans back to picking, is breaking the company that rounds up illegals to do the work. Those companies own tour buses, ladders, pick-up trucks, hire their buddies in the Trucking industry to haul the fruit, and veggies, etc... It's a big system that starts in Mexico, stretches across America, and probably into Canada, then ends up back in Mexico for some I would imagine. They call them migrant workers because they are always moving. It would really be fun for kids, and other folks that want to tour the U.S. I think it is safe to state that pickers are always employed in the U.S., all year long.
    The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast