Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Chattanooga: 6 in hospital after wrong-way interstate crash

Chattanooga: 6 in hospital after wrong-way interstate crash this morning

July 23, 2011

Four adults and two children are in the hospital after a crash this morning involving a driver traveling the wrong way on I-24.

A black Dodge Ram driven by a Hispanic male heading the wrong way on east bound I-24 hit a Pontiac Torrent head on at approximately 3:46 a.m., police said. A Hyundai following the Pontiac was unable to avoid the crash and was also involved.

An East Ridge Police officer traveling east bound observed the crash near the S. Seminole overpass and stopped to render aid. The officer observed the Hispanic male attempting to leave the scene, police said. The officer was able to apprehend the suspect.

East Ridge Fire and Rescue personnel had to use the Jaws-of-Life to extricate at least one victim from the Pontiac, police said. Due to the extreme heat conditions one firefighter was treated for possible heat exhaustion.

The two vehicles involved in the crash were family members traveling together from Kentucky to Florida, police said.

East Ridge Police traffic investigators have been unable to identify the Hispanic male suspect who caused the crash because he has provided 2 different identifications with different names on each one, police said.

Investigators have charged the suspect with DUI, four counts of Vehicular Assault, six counts of Reckless Endangerment, Implied Consent law, and Driving without a License. The suspect is scheduled to appear in East Ridge Municipal Court on Tuesday, July 26, at 5 p.m.

http://timesfreepress.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thank God no one died! As usual the suspect tried to flee; that POS would have left all those people to save his own carcass! IMO there should be a special charge for not rendering help.

'They can't identify him 'cause he gave 2 different ID's. In that case I hope they are running both identities to see what turns up on both of them. Anyone care to bet what they find?

I believe they need to sieze anything and everything in this guy's name/names and hold it for the victims. Otherwise they will never collect any damages