Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

So there's no law that says children born to illegals ARE citizens, but there is no law that says they aren't?

Quote Originally Posted by Moogy
    So there's no law that says children born to illegals ARE citizens, but there is no law that says they aren't?
    In my opinion they are not because if they are here illegally they can not be considered to be under the jurisdiction of the United States. It would be the same thing as being here to conquer. An invading force would not be under the jurisdiction of the United States therefore there anchor babies would not be anchors and should be deported along with the parents.
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    Theodore Roosevelt

But there is no law saying they ARE citizens, if born to illegals. Correct?

Is there any core law saying that any circumstances not covered in the "not" clauses are considered "are" ?

Just making sure.

This is what I have found but I can tell you right now the debate is on. I can not find the exact case but that is why I did the foot note above. The judicial branch can only interpret the law not make law like I said. In this case they made law which is not constituently correct.

In 1898, the U.S. Supreme Court further clarified the amendment by stating that the “citizenship clause” applied to anyone born in the United States “of any ethnicity or national origin.” In a 1980 case, the Supreme Court stated that the clause prevented Congress from revoking a person’s citizenship without evidence of the person’s intent to give up his or her citizenship. The only exception is in regards to children born in the U.S. to foreign diplomats, who are stationed at foreign embassies and hold diplomatic immunity. Otherwise, any child born in the U.S. is a citizen at birth, regardless of the citizenship or immigration status of the child’s parents. This also means that children born to tourists in the U.S. are considered citizens.
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Wow - that's really screwed up! No wonder we're having the mess we are...

But if you look at the debate that took place prior to the amendment which you can find on line you will see how the Supreme Court got it wrong. That it was never intended to make everyone born here a citizen. How can we have jurisdiction when we can not collect taxes, child support or return them from their country and try them in our court of law for their crimes committed here, so I would contend they are not under US jurisdiction and are indeed foreign nationals still under the jurisdiction of the originating country as they have not relinquished citizenship and sworn an oath to the United States. Ie; invaders, conquerors
    Theodore Roosevelt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12