Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    lost_mummy,

Buying American is a good thing to do, but it is difficult and there doesn't seem to be enough buy-American consumers to slow the trend of "exporting America."
    It is difficult, but so was the American Revolution. I am always on the Search for Made in the USA before I spend any of my hard earned money and send it overseas.

That is why BuyDirectUSA.com was built to help educate consumes and retailers the benefits of Buying American.

We need to get involved on various levels to get something accomplished. If we risk nothing, we will gain the same.
    Oh yea, I agree with what you're saying. My point was just that it's better to NOT spend than to buy American, especially from large U.S. companies that seem to be working to become foreign companies with all the offshoring and importing labor. Also, they often support illegal immigration by supporting pro-illegal groups, and they use our dollars to lobby Congress for CAFTA and FTAA.

Also, I say "difficult", because sometimes it's impossible, as some products like "laptop computers" are no longer made in America. Of course, we must try as much as possible and often, there are choices. That's why the buy-American websites are so important. Thanks for your efforts.

My other point was just that, as you say, "we need to get involved on various levels to get something accomplished." For instance, we need to put some effort into our government to get it working on our side, rather than just being hopelessly pessimistic that government is just fundamentally bad. Government can work for us, or at least, we can make it so that it doesn't work against us.
    "We have it in our power to begin the world over again." (Thomas Paine 1776 "Common Sense") "The cause of America is in great measure the cause of all mankind." ("Common Sense")

Lost_Mummy!! Great Points.

Just wanted to suggest that I believe Dell Computers are still made in the United States in Texas and soon in North Carolina and perhaps still at some other locations. Might be worth checking it out!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I wish I had the business sense to open a store! I would call it HOME GROWN USA and have nothing but AMERICAN products!

Hell I may still check into it!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Great idea but what could you sell? All Clad Cookware which costs $400 for an 8 piece set. RedWing Boots for $100........the race is to the bottom....one CEO goes to China then his competitor has to do it and then another....nothing left made here! Plants in Mexico have closed to seend them to China! Cheaper in China!

One thing may stop this however....OIL. At $80 a barrel the world economy may not be worth it? Shipping costs will be too high! This is why the Japanese, Koreans and Germans are building automobile plants here. One can only hope?

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Lost_Mummy!! Great Points.

Just wanted to suggest that I believe Dell Computers are still made in the United States in Texas and soon in North Carolina and perhaps still at some other locations. Might be worth checking it out!!
    That made be true for desktop computers, but I don't think any laptop computers are made in the U.S. anymore.

I bought my laptop computer from Dell in 2003 and right on the box, it had proudly written in red letters "Malaysia." Also, there was a CD-ROM missing. When I called customer support, of course, I got a foreign call center.

Furthermore, it took 2 hours to finally resolve the problem. Perhaps, that's why Dell's corporate customers pressured Dell to move call-center support back to the U.S... But this is only for corporate customers. For retail customers, our calls are still directed to Asia.

I read somewhere that in the year 2000, China made no laptop computers. Now, 1/3rd of all laptop computers in the world are made in China. And I've also read that no laptop computers are made in the U.S.

But if I'm ever in the market for a desktop, I'll consider a Dell and check into where their desktops are made. Still, I think it's better to keep spending to a minimum than to support a company that's offshoring as much as possible. Maybe they'll get the message?

Also, I think a lot of the computer components are made offshore too. How much of even desktop computers are American-made?

Furthermore, we can take some of the money we save from not spending and give it to American organizations like ALIPAC, Numbers USA, FAIRUS, Minute Men Project, etc which employ Americans and are anti-globalist. They're also performing a valuable service by strengthening our democracy.
    "We have it in our power to begin the world over again." (Thomas Paine 1776 "Common Sense") "The cause of America is in great measure the cause of all mankind." ("Common Sense")

I like the idea of giving to ALIPAC. They could use it.

Just because Dells are made in NC, they are technically still made in CHINA. They are assembled in the USA made from components most of which are made in China.

the same goes for most USA Made autos. While many are still assembled in the US, many of their components are made in China and Mexico. The only upside are that they are US companies creating some jobs in the US.

I reiterate, pass some of your money to ALIPAC, I think that they will put it into some good use.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Jack, I think you may be right about Dell and the laptops. I'm just not sure which products they are making in Winston-Salem. While I'm glad they are building the plant and going to hire some workers, they required $281,000,000 in "incentives" and NC had to pass a "lottery" to pay for "education".

Hopefully they will ensure that all the workers are 100% American!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: TOO HARD!

Quote Originally Posted by JackSmith
    I found CUTCO cutlery and Kitchen Ware Cookware and Rada Cutlery at the sites above but THEY DON'T PUT THE PRICES ON THE WEBSITES WHICH IS TOTALLY STUPID AND RIDICULOUS. I am busy annd don't have free time to talk to a rep about their prices. Tell Roger about this!

The Cutco product is for the same CEOs who are sending the jobs overseas. $455 for a set? Who can affford that?
    I used to be a Cutco Rep. This was about 5-6 years ago. After working for them and dealing with their merchandise, I must say that it is the BEST cutlery and the last cutlery you will buy in your FAMILIES life times. You don't need much time and in fact they come to your house at what ever time is convenient to you.
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

Welcome rakishoner

Cool avatar. How did you find out about ALIPAC?

William
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC

Cool avatar. How did you find out about ALIPAC?

William
    Thanks, I saw a link from an external page to my site through my stats. http://www.awcorg.us
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast