Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CITGO STATIONS CLOSING UP SHOP?

Here in Illinois where I live we used to have alot of Citgo stations, Almost every town had one, but within the last year they have disappeared, they have either been replaced with BP Stations or they have just closed their doors.

I know their were some rumblings at the Beginning of the Year that the Venezuelan government may be selling Citgo but I haven't heard too much about it lately. Does anyone have any more information, and have you seen the same thing Happen with Cito stations in your area?

One is still around nearby but has been boarded up for as long as I can remember.

If anything CITGO is making a balls to the wall push into the American heart. They're giving all kinds of free oil to Massachusetts' and New York's poor.

This is probably the most brilliant stunt that Chavez ever could have pulled. All this time I thought that he was an idiot stooge of the highly intelligent Fidel Castro. The guy is a different kind of threat all his own.

To wit:

http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/1126 ... /75095.htm

I'd post the whole thing but that's obnoxious for a reply. There's even another pic of that slime Michael Kennedy pulling an oil line from a truck to a house in the name of Chavez.

Judy will be the expert on this because she has urged all of us to buy CITGO. I will make sure she gets this page so she can respond.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Did she have any idea who she was promoting? I haven't bought from Citgo since 1998!

Apparently she's not alone:

U.S. Rep. William Delahunt, D-Mass., discussed the discount oil sales over a dinner with Chavez in August and has called for U.S. oil companies to follow Citgo’s lead.
    "Hey Hugo, just slip me few thousand gallons this winter and you can use the Democratic Peoples' Republic of Massachusetts as a launching pad for your invasion of America!"

These Democrats are the same ones who bitch constantly about a "dependence on foreign oil" and then block drilling on our American territory. We could be completely independent of foreign wackos like Chavez if the limp wristed, weak-willed Democrats would just let it be so.

To wit:
    http://www.osti.gov/energycitations/pro ... id=5141405

But now here's the real reason why the Capitalism-hating Democrats block it.

THEY WANT CHAVEZ IN OFFICE BY '08!

Yes, buy CITGO for these reasons:

1) Chavez is OPPOSED to the Free Trade Agreement of the Americas which means if he succeeds in his opposition, the United States could remain a sovereign nation and I support this.

2) Chavez SUPPORTS using his oil resources to help countries struggling economically like Cuba, Caribbean Nations, and other Latin American countries dealing with extreme poverty due to lack of employment related directly to lack of economic development related directly to lack of affordable oil supplies to fuel their nations and economies.

3) Chavez STOOD UP to Bush....I love that.

4) Chavez STOOD UP to Vicente Fox....called him a Bush Puppy...you gotta like that.

There is no objective on the part of Venezuela to invade the United States. They are working hard to try to improve their country so the people who live there can have better lives.

Chavez is on a mission to improve public opinion of him amongst the American People. He is achieving this by providing low cost heating oil, maybe free heating oil, to the poor in several American cities and challenging the American Oil Barons to behave similarly.

I don't know the man other than from these extraordinary events and information I read about Venezuela under him several months ago. He is providing Cuba low cost oil in exchange for DOCTORS!! He gave his military a raise. He is building schools and hospitals. He is changing things in a manner that will redistribute some of the wealth of the country to more of the people.

Will it happen overnight? No. Will Venezuela be better off? It seems yes. Will the region be better off? It seems yes. Does that reduce immigration into the US? Most definitely. Is that good for the American People? I sure think so.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thanks, Judy! The oil he is sending to the US will be sold to the poor for FORTY PERCENT less than they would have to pay here. THAT is HUGE for a poor family just trying to keep warm.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Thanks Bootsie for the info on the heating oil. Yes Maam, a 40% reduction in heating oil is a huge savings and I know the people receiving this discount will really appreciate it.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Chavez STOOD UP to Bush....I love that.
    YOU SAYING THAT YOU FAVOR A COMMUNIST DICTATOR OVER AN AMERICAN DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED LEADER!

Whatever happened to "my country right or wrong"? Yes, you are free to disagree with the President and say that you dislike him. However, when you state that you applaud somebody that is staunchly opposed not only to President Bush but to the freedoms of Capitalism and America in general because he "STOOD UP to Bush" and you "love that" you need to move to Venezuela and SEE EXACTLY WHAT YOU TAKE FOR GRANTED HERE.

I detested Bill Clinton but I never would have applauded Slobodan Milosevic for standing up to him.

I can't wait for the responses to this one from both of you. I've disagreed with you both in the past but now I know where you both REALLY stand.

Here's where I stand. Bush cares NOTHING for the AMERICAN PEOPLE. ZILCH. So, if there is ANYONE out there who is gracious enough to try to help the POOR in OUR country, I am grateful to them. They sure aren't going to get any help from our President.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast