Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Clinton to Latinos: 'I need your help' against Trump

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Clinton to Latinos: 'I need your help' against Trump

Clinton to Latinos: 'I need your help' against Trump

07/14/16 01:06 PM EDT

Hillary Clinton on Thursday promised a gathering of Latino leaders she would be their “champion,” railing against Donald Trump in a speech meant to highlight her contrast with the presumptive GOP presidential nominee.

Speaking at the League of United Latino American Citizens' annual conference in Washington, Clinton explicitly asked attendees for their help turning out the Latino vote in November.

"I’m going to work my heart out but I need your help. I need you at my side because this is your election," Clinton said.

Clinton spent the first half of her speech discussing policy matters, specifically the immigration and economic planks expected in the Democratic Party platform.
    The second half was reserved for politics, and Clinton took dead aim at her likely general election rival.

"What happens this November really matters, my friends," Clinton said, adding, "Now, I think that's true in every election, but this one is different, isn't it?"

From its launch, Trump's campaign has been at odds with many Hispanic groups. Last June, Trump announced his presidential aspirations in a speech that labeled Mexican immigrants as "rapists" who "bring crime."

Clinton listed several other occasions when the Republican fell afoul of Hispanics, at times tying him to other Republicans and at others playing Trump as more extreme than his party.

"Next week in Cleveland they will nominate someone who thinks Latino outreach is tweeting a picture of a taco bowl," Clinton said, referencing Trump’s infamous Cinco de Mayo celebration tweet, which he labeled "I love Hispanics!”

The Republican National Committee slammed “the world-class pandering we have come to expect from Hillary Clinton” in a statement on her remarks.

"Whether it’s her constant shapeshifting on immigration, her rapid backtracking on trade deals she once supported, or her reckless usage of a secret email server to cover up her own conflicts of interest while secretary of state, Hillary Clinton has proven her number one concern is her own political gain,” the RNC said.

Clinton briefly mentioned Jeb Bush, a former rival of Trump's for the Republican nomination whose powerful family has maintained its opposition to the real estate mogul. Trump, Clinton said, "criticized Jeb Bush for speaking, and I quote, 'Mexican.' You cannot make this up."

Clinton finalized her speech with an appeal for Latino leaders to promote voter participation in their communities.

Latinos have historically been reluctant to register and show up on Election Day.

The group has the lowest voter participation rates of any large demographic group in the country, a fact that some attribute to Hispanics' relative youth — younger voters are less likely to participate — and concentration in solid red or blue states such as Texas and California.

Latino voters are expected to be crucial in November in key swing states including Colorado, Florida and Nevada.

http://thehill.com/latino/287746-cli...-against-trump

If Latinos want to do something to help themselves and their businesses and families, they'll do something smarter than vote for Hillary. They'll vote for Donald Trump who will stop this immigration nightmare diluting everything for everyone and who will stop these horrible trade deals sucking the life out of our economy. Latinos are smart business people, they know whose policies will improve their lives and lots, and it's sue as heck not the policies of Hillary Clinton, they're the policies of Donald J Trump.

Wake Up Latinos! You want to be doing better? So do we all and there's only one person in this race who can do that for all of us and it's Donald J Trump. In your heart and souls, you know that. So vote for Trump and help US fix our country to benefit all Americans.
    Last edited by Judy; 07-20-2016 at 01:23 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

She is bought and paid for and owes a lot of favors to countries that abuse women and beat and kill LBGT's. This is why she wants to raise importing their people here to 500% from her friends countries. Now she realizes she needs the latinos and black vote so will promise them anything and never deliver, same as always. Problem is they will also be competing with all the new immigrants 100's of thousands from these other countries many with terrorist ties. So where are all these people going to work. When Americans can't find jobs. This is also going to hurt the latinos and blacks they have to realize this. She is a failure at everything she touches and she will use whoever and whatever she has to get where she wants to be. Currently the White house again.