Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

THE CLOCK IS TICKING ON AMERICA'S LAST YEAR OF FREEDOM

[b]

THE CLOCK IS TICKING ON AMERICA'S LAST YEAR OF FREEDOM

By Greg Evensen
    December 30, 2007
    NewsWithViews.com

There is not a single person left above ground in America that has not yet had their obituary published, that can admit to feeling positive about the coming months before our next general elections. Out of 280 million American citizens and 20 million illegals occupying space within our borders, we have 20 auditioning professional liars and pretenders willing to say anything to live in the White House. Only one in my view, Ron Paul, holds the minimum requirements to legitimately seek and honestly campaign for the office. He isn’t my guy 100%, but I can live with most of his platform and his character.

Without running through the abysmal list of candidates from all parties again, I will just say that I am embarrassed to think that this list of loud-mouthed, know nothing about anything group of charlatans, believes that they represent me or my fellow disillusioned citizens concerning the sorry state of our nation. Yet, the all-powerful national elites that ultimately control our destinies, believes that you believe these sorry examples of potential “presidentialâ€

I've said it before, RON PAUL has my vote. In my opinion, he's the ONLY candidate I trust to run this country and bring us back to what we USED to be. Ron Paul is catching on and even if the media is ignoring him, the PEOPLE are not. I'm in the RON PAUL REVOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by jump_start
    I've said it before, RON PAUL has my vote. In my opinion, he's the ONLY candidate I trust to run this country and bring us back to what we USED to be. Ron Paul is catching on and even if the media is ignoring him, the PEOPLE are not. I'm in the RON PAUL REVOLUTION!
    Same here jump_start!

Banned
    GREAT ARTICLE!!!

Anyone that reads this and doesn't believe it will deserve the life of SLAVERY they get.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    I agree... he has my vote .... I just hope he has protection because these fools dont want him any where near the White House....

Go Ron Paul!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There were civil wars between 180 and 285 AD. Of twenty-seven emperors or would-be emperors all but two met violent deaths. Meanwhile, the Persians raided to Antioch in the East and in Europe the barbarians broke through the frontiers. Huge tracts of country were devastated. The middle-class was squeezed out of existence. Farmers and laborers were transformed into serfs. When in 285 AD Diocletion pulled the empire together again, there was but little left of the prosperity of the Pax Romana.

It seems clear, then, that the causes of the collapse must, like hidden cancers, have been developing during Gibbon's period of happiness and prosperity. Some of the symptoms, at least, can be recognized. To take one example, in the first century of the empire there had still been a vigorous literature. But in the second century AD from Hadrian onward, apart from Suetonius' Biographies of the Emperors, the Metamorphoses of Apuleius, and the Attic Nights of Aulus Gellius, Latin literature is overcome by a sort of indolent apathy. The same apathy began to exhibit itself in municipal life. Financial burdens which were imposed on the local magistrates and senators. By the second century many cities had spent themselves into debt.

There was the cost of repairing and maintaining the temples, public baths, and the like. There were also heavy expenditures for civic sacrifices, religious processions, feasts and for the games necessary to amuse the proletariat. The wealthy citizens of the municipalities who were, in effect, the middle-class, began to grow weary of the load: especially since the constantly rising taxation rates were shearing them closer and closer. Furthermore, they were expected to help their communities out of debt by voluntary loans. By the middle of the second century, there were cases where compulsion had to be used to fill the local magistracies. There were other cases, beginning with Hadrian, where, when municipalities got into financial difficulties, imperial curators were pat in change and the cities lost their independence. The people did not seem to mind. As often happens today, they were quite willing to resign their control of affairs and to let the government take care of them.

http://mars.wnec.edu/~grempel/course...4romefell.html

Seems like history is repeating itself!
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008