Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: CO. Tom Tancredo Calls For Limited Government And Strong Borders, Praises Ron Paul

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CO. Tom Tancredo Calls For Limited Government And Strong Borders, Praises Ron Paul

EXCLUSIVE: CO Gubernatorial Candidate Tom Tancredo Calls For Limited Government And Strong Borders, Praises Ron Paul

Published on January 4, 2018 in News/Politics by Mark Ivanyo

Former U.S. Rep. Tom Tancredo, a leading 2018 candidate for Governor of Colorado, elaborated on his vision for limited government and stronger border controls in an exclusive interview with The Liberty Conservative.

Tancredo previously ran for Governor in 2010 as the Constitution Party candidate, coming in second place, with 36.4% of the vote. Now, he has rejoined the Republican Party, which he sees as essential in order to avoid the restrictions that have been set up by the major parties against third parties.

“I’d make it as easy as possible for third parties to run – I have nothing against arguments being made in the public arena,” Tancredo stated.

He also talked about his time served in Congress with Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) as a fellow member of the House Liberty Caucus.

“I was a strong advocate of many of his ideas,” he said, noting his agreement with Paul’s critique of the Iraq War.

“The biggest mistake I ever made in Congress was voting to give Bush the ability to use force in Iraq, and I look back on it now and think how really bad a decision that was – it was based on all the information we had available, that we all had available, thinking we were all working on solid, truthful information, and we weren’t.”

He also backed Paul’s monetary policy stance, stating that should a bill be passed legalizing metallic currencies as legal tender in Colorado, he would sign it.

Tancredo went on to defend Colorado’s legal marijuana industry, criticizing Democrats for looking it with “greedy eyes” and trying to “fund everything imaginable” by taxing the industry, and suggesting that doing so would lead individuals to purchase illegal marijuana and thus “put money right back into the hands of the cartels”. He also expressed his support for working with Congress to “establish a financial system that allows the legal marijuana industry to bank”.

“I’ve never used it, but I couldn’t care less if you did,” Tancredo added. “If you’re an adult, the things you put into your body, that you ingest, are simply your business and it is not the government’s.”

He continued his libertarian-leaning remarks when the interview shifted to the ongoing process of redistribution of federal lands to the states.

“In reality, the state can manage the forests inside the state better than the federal government has been able to manage them,” Tancredo added, before noting that “parcels of land that are privately owned” are often better managed than federal lands in Colorado as people who own them have a “much greater interest in keeping it safe, keeping it healthy” than the government.

When asked about what sort of economic policies he would pursue if elected, he mentioned cutting the state’s high hospital provider fees. The fees are used to pay for the state’s Medicaid expansion, which Tancredo regards as a “huge waste of money”.

“Once you establish a program like that, a constituency develops overnight of course,” he said. “It’s very difficult to roll back, but I hope to do it.”

“That’s why Donald Trump is so hated, because he is doing that,” he continued, citing Trump’s deregulation efforts on a federal level.

Tancredo went on to call for Colorado to introduce constitutional carry laws, which have been introduced in many neighboring states, as well as greater carry reciprocity with other states.

“Whenever gun deaths happen, we have a tendency to blame an inanimate object, when of course it has nothing to do with it. A better armed society is a safer society – this is empirically provable.”

With regards to free speech on college campuses, Tancredo suggested the ongoing problem was related to a lack of understanding among students of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

“Public high schools students should be required to take a civics literacy test, the same test we give to immigrants. If we gave them the same test, and it’s not a difficult one … 70% of people in this country would not pass.”

“The animus against the country throughout academia is so great, so intense, that you do wonder how in the world can we actually survive this as a Republic,” he continued.

On the topic of immigration, Tancredo stuck by his long-held advocacy for controlled borders.

“The only immigrants who should be coming into this country are those folks who number one are vetted, and number two, who truly want to be Americans and assimilate into American culture,” he said.

He also expressed his support for cutting funding to sanctuary cities in Colorado, such as Denver, Aurora, and Boulder through the use of the line-item veto, stating he would direct his appointees as Governor to “have penalties applied” to cities that engage in such conduct and make these cities “personally liable” for crimes committed by illegal aliens.

Tancredo emphasized his belief that Roy Moore’s defeat in Alabama was a “turnout problem”, and he would seek to avoid a similar outcome in his own race by “making sure we have a turnout model that will overcome the kinds of opposition that we know will exist.”

Tancredo also suggested the left would be unable to use the same types of attacks they successfully deployed against Moore in the Colorado race.

“I’ll take a lie detector test right now, this minute, I’ve never had an affair, so I’ll try to get that out of the way at the beginning,” he joked.

“The Republican establishment is the biggest problem I have,” he said. “If there’s anyone who agrees with me, and thinks it’s important to show the flag here in Colorado for a good, solid conservative/libertarian guy, please go to

TancredoForColorado.com.”

https://www.thelibertyconservative.c...ises-ron-paul/

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Texas AG Ken Paxton supports DACA amnesty. So does Texas Governor Abbott. Go figure. And they're both lawyers, who should know that in the United States you can't give a legal amnesty without first repealing the laws they broke. Trying to do violates at least 3 provisions of the US Constitution, uniform naturalization, equal rights and ex post facto.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Texas AG Ken Paxton supports DACA amnesty. So does Texas Governor Abbott. Go figure. And they're both lawyers, who should know that in the United States you can't give a legal amnesty without first repealing the laws they broke. Trying to do violates at least 3 provisions of the US Constitution, uniform naturalization, equal rights and ex post facto.
    Least we forget, President Donald Trump also supports a DACA amnesty.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You're entitled to your assessment, but I don't think Trump supports a DACA Amnesty, why would he?

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    You're entitled to your assessment, but I don't think Trump supports a DACA Amnesty, why would he?
    Not an assessment, it's fact and you know it. Wanting to trade this for that does not change the facts of exactly what a DACA deal is. Amnesty is the starting point for any DACA deal and Trump has repeatedly said he wants and supports a DACA deal.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Trump also says over and over he opposes amnesty and will never agree to an amnesty. Trump also says unless he gets everything he wants, he won't do a DACA deal either. I understand your obsession with Trump due to your hatred of him, but this isn't his making, this is a making by Center for Immigration Studies and Federation for American Immigration Reform, you know, our "allies". They met multiple times with the White House to promote this eternally DUMB DACA DEAL using the DACAs to gain legislative approvals of items they wanted but didn't think could pass otherwise. And I understand where they were coming from, but, as we all know it's not worth it. Trump is smart and so he figures out a way to support their eternally DUMB DACA DEAL without ever having to do it, by stacking the deck so high he doesn't think DemoQuacks will ever agree to it allowing Republicans in the House to kill it.

That's how I see it. Just my opinion. I had to laugh out loud today when Lindsay Graham copy-catted your theory that Trump will do it because other Presidents could never get it done. And you may be right, but personally, at this point, with the new NumbersUSA Poll telling the truth about how Americans really feel about this, I think Trump would rather invade North Korea than sign an eternally DUMB DACA DEAL here at home. Again, just my opinion.

MW
    Trump also says over and over he opposes amnesty and will never agree to an amnesty. Trump also says unless he gets everything he wants, he won't do a DACA deal either. I understand your obsession with Trump due to your hatred of him, but this isn't his making, this is a making by Center for Immigration Studies and Federation for American Immigration Reform, you know, our "allies". They met multiple times with the White House to promote this eternally DUMB DACA DEAL using the DACAs to gain legislative approvals of items they wanted but didn't think could pass otherwise. And I understand where they were coming from, but, as we all know it's not worth it. Trump is smart and so he figures out a way to support their eternally DUMB DACA DEAL without ever having to do it, by stacking the deck so high he doesn't think DemoQuacks will ever agree to it allowing Republicans in the House to kill it.

That's how I see it. Just my opinion. I had to laugh out loud today when Lindsay Graham copy-catted your theory that Trump will do it because other Presidents could never get it done. And you may be right, but personally, at this point, with the new NumbersUSA Poll telling the truth about how Americans really feel about this, I think Trump would rather invade North Korea than sign an eternally DUMB DACA DEAL here at home. Again, just my opinion.
    Oh my goodness. Earth to Judy, earth to Judy ........ nothing you say can change the fact that Trump has said repeatedly that he supports a DACA deal. Are you going to now deny that a DACA deal would include an amnesty?

As for Trump saying over and over that he opposes amnesty. Well, you know that game as much as I do because we've all seen it played out "over and over". Supporters of amnesty never admit publicly that it is amnesty.

My obsession with Trump?!? I think you're confusing reality based thinking with hatred. Besides that, as an adult I've learned to not allow my personal feelings of ones character to alter my judgement on their ability to perform their job. You know, I could say the opposite about you ..... you allow your love for Trump to blind you to his faults ...... but I won't. No obsession here, but perhaps you were thinking of yourself when you made that comment.

Bad News: Trump is full blown Amnesty backer

Started by ALIPAC, 09-05-2017 04:30 PM
    NO AMNESTY

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Oh my goodness. Earth to Judy, earth to Judy ........ nothing you say can change the fact that Trump has said repeatedly that he supports a DACA deal. Are you going to now deny that a DACA deal would include an amnesty?

As for Trump saying over and over that he opposes amnesty. Well, you know that game as much as I do because we've all seen it played out "over and over". Supporters of amnesty never admit publicly that it is amnesty.

My obsession with Trump?!? I think you're confusing reality based thinking with hatred. Besides that, as an adult I've learned to not allow my personal feelings of ones character to alter my judgement on their ability to perform their job. You know, I could say the opposite about you ..... you allow your love for Trump to blind you to his faults ...... but I won't. No obsession here, but perhaps you were thinking of yourself when you made that comment.
    LOL!! No, I was thinking about your posts for the past 2.5 years when I said that. Yes, Trump says he supports a DACA deal that requires now 72 legislative items, while at the same time saying he opposes amnesty, while at the same time doing everything he can to stop illegal immigration, deport illegal aliens and reduce legal immigration.

Hey! Got an email today from NumbersUSA stating Lankford and Tillis have withdrawn from the bipartisan group discussing the eternally DUMB DACA DEAL in the Senate, because the DemoQuacks won't negotiate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast