Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Colorado GOP Leader to Disgruntled Trump Supporter: Go Ahead and Burn the Party Down

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Colorado GOP Leader to Disgruntled Trump Supporter: Go Ahead and Burn the Party Down

Jim Hoft Apr 11th, 2016 8:31 pm 664 Comments

This came in the email today from “James” a disgruntled Colorado Republican voter after the party elites gave all of the state delegates to Senator Ted Cruz.

On Saturday Ted Cruz supporters took all 13 of the delegates up for grabs at the Colorado GOP Convention to complete a clean sweep of the state.

But it was not without controversy.
    There never was a vote – Party elites decided on who got the delegates.

After Cruz swept the Colorado delegates the Colorado Republican Party tweeted this out:

From James– Included is my letter to the Colorado GOP head and his reply.

Hope this helps expose the diabolical bastards scheming to steal the nomination. Though I told him I live in Colorado I really live in N.J. and I’ll be voting for Trump on June 7th, it’ll be a landslide victory for “The Donald” here in Garden State, a friggin’ landslide.

My letter (email):

GOPe sellouts & stooges,

I guess you haven’t learned YOUR lesson, you saw what we did to the state senate president who betrayed us and voted for the anti-2nd Amendment Bills, we recalled her, what do you think we will do to you for selling us out and joining the #NeverTrump cabal?

Let me be abundantly clear so there is no mistake, WE WILL BURN THE WHOLE ****ING PARTY TO THE GROUND ON ELECTION DAY! We will do one of three things, stay home, vote for 3rd party candidates (ones who don’t have a chance of winning) or cast our lot with the despicable Democrats and destroy the GOP for a generation, it’ll take over a decade to recover from those losses and I’m talking boycotting the entire Republican ticket here, no exceptions.

So you now have a choice, invalidate the caucus held over the weekend and hold a “fair” caucus or face our wrath in November. Go ahead cross us at your own peril, you know we are pissed off already by the share of votes Donald J. Trump has received in the Primary Elections held until this point. Think long and hard, ask yourselves “is it worth destroying our entire party for over a decade and suffering a loss from which we may never recover or is it better to listen to the voters and not the RINOs/GOPe (elites)?”.

Signed, a 53 year old Colorado Registered Republican voter & Trump supporter

PS. I DID support Ted Cruz until he screwed Chris McDaniel in Mississippi, sold us out by championing TPP, gave Obama the ok to negotiate with Iran and began his dishonest campaign for president, now I wouldn’t elect him dogcatcher

Steve House’s reply:

James,

Thank you for your note. Go ahead and burn the party down if that is what it takes to put this country on the right track then I am open to anything.

What happened over the weekend was simple and had no manipulation or underhanded process in it. The Cruz campaign worked harder than anyone else over a longer period of time, using the process that we have to create a victory for him. He came to Colorado, and was the only candidate who did, gave a great speech and won. I would have been perfectly okay with the result being for Mr. Trump had he and his team done the same thing. I will support whoever wins without hesitation but blaming other people when you don’t get what you want is only relevant if you did the work honestly and someone manipulated the process. That didn’t happen here.

I think people are upset right now because they either don’t like the process or don’t understand it. I am one of the people who doesn’t like it. It’s complicated and many don’t understand why we don’t just have a national primary across all 50 states in about June, pick the winner and go after the democrats in the general election. There are complications to that as well but it comes down to states rights on how we pick candidate. We should have a presidential primary here but the legislature eliminated it in 2002 because it costs to much and that is a limited government move. Up until this year no one cared. We will put a presidential primary back into our law before this year is over.

Lastly, the one thing I do not get from the Trump supporters who are mad at me right now is why so many believe he isn’t going to win. I think Mr. Trump has woken America up and we should be thankful for that. But why do you think he isn’t going to win. He has a big lead, the easiest path to the nomination, a lead in critical states like NY and California etc. Channel you energy into getting your guy elected and in the end if really manipulation happens I will be there to light the match for you.

Steve

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016...r-disgruntled/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Trump is going to win. That isn't the point, Steve. What is going on is wrong, and the people of Colorado know that just as well as many of the rest of US. Don't pretend the STOP TRUMP, NEVER TRUMP, ANYONE BUT TRUMP wasn't responsible for what happened in Colorado. It wasn't "Ted Cruz gave a great speech", no, it was the STOP TRUMP, NEVER TRUMP, ANYONE BUT TRUMP back-door dealing that caused the outcome that has shamed the Republican Party, disappointed and upset many of its members, and created even more division at a time when there should be unity.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

How can anyone say that what is happening in the Republican Party is not rotten, it is the most obviously rotten thing I have ever seen in my lifetime. The whole thing is being twisted to prevent Trump from getting what is clearly his shot.

The response to that man's letter was basically, "Screw you. You are just a voter."
    Support ALIPAC'sFIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Exactly. What's going on is despicable and shameful.

After Loss in Colorado, Donald Trump Supporters Give State Chairman an Earful

April 11, 2016
    7:27 pm ET By Alan Rappeport

It has been two days since Senator Ted Cruz of Texas swept Colorado’s delegates, and Steve House, the chairman of the state’s Republican Party, is feeling the wrath of Donald J. Trump’s supporters.

In fact, his cellphone will not stop ringing.

Mr. House has been hearing from angry voters from across the state and country who say they think the will of the people was ignored because Colorado’s system of caucuses, a multistep process that ended on Saturday, left the selection of the state’s presidential nominating delegates to party activists.

Mr. Trump, who was shut out in Colorado, has complained that the system was rigged, and since Sunday night Mr. House has received more than 2,000 calls from people complaining that the process was a sham. His telephone number was mysteriously disseminated across the Internet.

“It was done exactly according to the rules,” Mr. House said, denying claims of underhanded or manipulative tactics.

For Colorado Republicans the backlash came as something of a surprise because the party decided last August to do away with its presidential straw poll. After the Republican National Committee decided that the outcome of state straw polls would have to result in bound delegates, the state party decided that it would be too risky to use that kind of system because of potential problems counting that many ballots without state resources.

Colorado had a presidential primary election as recently as 2000 but abandoned it because of the costs. The state Republicans held straw polls in 2008 and 2012, but the results were not binding. State Democrats have kept their straw poll.

Mr. House acknowledged that there are a lot of deeply entrenched players within the party who think the system works well and believe that those who are the most politically engaged should determine who becomes the party’s presidential nominee.

“If I tried to get rid of the caucus, they’d string me up,” Mr. House said.

Until now voters have not made a huge deal about the current system. However, Mr. House expects that the ferocity of the criticism that Colorado is facing will push state legislators to make changes before 2020.

“They have not asked for a presidential primary to be put back in play in a way that got their elected officials to do something about it,” Mr. House said, explaining that Colorado voters have the ultimate say in determining the system.

In the meantime, the Colorado Republican Party is weathering the blowback. Mr. House said that he was investigating how an official Twitter account was hacked by someone who tweeted #NeverTrump. And, for now, he has no plans to change his cellphone number.

“You shut the phone off at some point,” he said.

Find out what you need to know about the 2016 presidential race today, and get politics news updates via Facebook, Twitter and the First Draft newsletter.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...n-earful/?_r=0