Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

COMMENT ON BUSH NEWS CONFERENCE-IMMIGRATION LIES

(IF YOU WANT TO READ EMBEDDED STORY LINKS, READ STORY ON OJJPAC HOME PAGE.)

President Bush's 12/20/06 news conference

More poison is his cure for US's illegal immigration woes

By Steve Salvi (1st draft)

I figured President Bush would begin pushing for his 2007 immigration Amnesty scheme at his news conference today--and he did. After mentioning his desire to work with the Democratic leaders (Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid) he brought up the need for "Comprehensive Immigration Reform (CIR), or as I call it, AMNESTY. The president's characterization of the type of immigration reform that is needed is nothing less than fraudulent.

The president once again characterized illegal aliens as victims, only "doing jobs that Americans won't do." [I'm really growing tired of this line of propaganda.] The president's even used the example of recent ICE raids at Swift & Co. processing plants to support his argument.

But the facts point to a different conclusion. Fact one: American workers used to work at Swift & Co. until they were displaced by illegal workers. Fact two: Some American workers are suing Swift & Co. for unfair labor practices, which they say favor illegal workers.

And how does President Bush resolve the discrepancy between his continued public assertions that illegals only do jobs Americans won't do when new reports detail the fact that unemployed AMERICAN workers are applying for the now vacant jobs at Swift & Co. plants?

Are we to believe that the president is unaware that Americans who used to work at that plant are suing Swift & Co. for $23 million for their anti-American worker labor practices? Is it possible the President also missed the newspaper story about how unemployed American workers were lined up to fill positions vacated by fleeing or arrested illegal workers? I doubt it.

The only thing the President wanted to talk about the Swift & Co. raid was that the illegals were only doing jobs that Americans wouldn't do--and how illegals are forced to use the services of smugglers and forgers. [The President seemed to imply that we should be grateful that the illegals are willing to break our laws, steal our identities and come here to work.] His talking points are similar to those often used by other illegal alien support groups.

It was absurd for the President to try to sell the American people on Amnesty by alluding that weaker immigration laws would lead to less human smuggling and document fraud. What kind of warped logic is this? Shall we stop counterfeiting by giving counterfeiters' free money; stop robberies by giving up any property demanded by robbers; or happily invite home invaders to stay in our guestrooms? That seems to be Mr. Bush's approach to illegal immigration. While the President's identity, home, job, and bank account are safely protected by a literal army, 280 million Americans are made unnecessarily vulnerable to job loss, crime, ID theft, public corruption, and taxes due to illegal immigration.

Human smuggling and forgery have not blossomed because of aggressive immigration law enforcement. These "illegal markets" were created and have grown by the failure of President Bush and several of his predecessors to comprehensively enforce immigration laws. Since the first AMNESTY passed during the Regan years [which was supposed to end illegal immigration], the number of illegal aliens has jumped from an estimated 3 million to up to estimates of 20 million today (the government acknowledges 11-13 million). During this period, there has been virtually no serious interior immigration law enforcement (even after 9-11). [In fact, even after the World Trade Center disaster, New York City remains a sanctuary city for illegals with no complaint by the head of the Department of Homeland Security.]

After decades of political pandering to illegal alien special interest groups (eg., NCLR and LULAC)--the same or similar players in the Administration and Congress plan to address the problem [fool the public] by repackaging the same policy mistakes of the past, and declare victory. But the remedy they want the public to swallow is just another poisonous AMNESTY pill. I'll call it AMNESTY II. Amnesty II is euphemistically sugar coated as bipartisan comprehensive immigration reform and branded as an illegal immigration cure-all. [Laugh or cry now.] All that the CIR proposal will accomplish is increased illegal immigration, ID theft, and human trafficking--as other aliens illegally cross our border and wait for AMNESTY III.

The only time Americans should want to hear President Bush, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, John McCain, or Ted Kennedy mention the word comprehensive is in the phrase " we support comprehensive immigration law enforcement" and actually implement it. Comprehensive immigration law enforcement worked successfully for years--and will work now if the President just gives the order and fires all the obstructionists in his administration. ¡Sí, se puede!" Yes, it can be done!
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

And if he get impeached plus Mr. Cheney we have NANCY .

HELP ME GOD

yeah but if hes impeached and cheney becomes president, he has the right to chose who he wants to VP. nad it does not have to be the spealer of the house. see gerald ford

Steve ~ that's a great piece!

AaaarrrRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!! Nancy...The Gloria Swanson of politics.
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Quotes from the conference.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases ... 220-1.html

I strongly believe that we can, and must, get a comprehensive immigration plan on my desk this year. It's important for us because, in order to enforce our border, in order for those Border Patrol agents who we've increased down there and given them more equipment and better border security, they've got to have help and a plan that says, if you're coming into America to do a job, you can come legally for a temporary basis to do so.

I don't know if you've paid attention to the enforcement measures that were taken recently where in some of these packing plants they found people working that had been here illegally, but all of them had documents that said they were here legally -- they were using forged documents, which just reminded me that the system we have in place has caused people to rely upon smugglers and forgers in order to do work Americans aren't doing.

In other words, it is a system that is all aimed to bypass no matter what measures we take to protect this country. It is a system that, frankly, leads to inhumane treatment of people. And therefore, the best way to deal with an issue that Americans agree on -- that is, that we ought to enforce our borders in a humane way -- is we've got to have a comprehensive bill.

And I have made a proposal. I have spoken about this to the nation from the Oval Office. I continue to believe that the microphone is necessary to call people to action. And I want to work with both Republicans and Democrats to get a comprehensive bill to my desk. It's in our interest that we do this.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

How to contact Bush

Comments: 202-456-1111
    Switchboard: 202-456-1414
    FAX: 202-456-2461
    comments@whitehouse.gov
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It isn't enough for him to have only 27% of aproval, he needs to go down to 10%, that will be RECORD . BUT, It's close....

What a sad excuse for a president that shit head is. I am sorry, but I would love to spit in his face.
    "If you always do what You've always done, You'll always get what you always got!"

“If you ain’t mad, you ain’t paying attention.â€

I strongly believe that we can, and must, get a comprehensive immigration plan on my desk this year. It's important for us because, in order to enforce our border, i
    There you go again!

The idea that a sovereign America can't protect her borders without giving away our jobs is ludicrous. Talk about a surrender monkey. This president is their KING.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

President Bush is refusing to do the job he was hired to do, which is to put the Legal citizens of this country first and foremost before illegal citiszens from Mexico or any other country! He needs to be fired for failing to fullfill his job requirements, I am sure it says that somewhere in the oath he took before taking office. We should sue him for breach of contract to the American People! I am begining to think possibly these groups have something on our fearless leader and are blackmailing him as he seems to be blind to the will of the American people.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast