Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We need to find out where all the Senators are that voted for that bill..........so we can lower the net!
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    BTTT

Godhelpus, I am an American citizen. I was Sworn in in March after going through the legal process of eligibility. Thats my point. The Bill will allow certain eligible people permanent residency, but it will be a very small proportion of the 12m+ here. Hopefully it will weed out a lot of people who are ineligible and we will be able to kick them out.
    We need to get real with this situation, and what is realistic. The senate passed the Bill by large majority because the Bill makes more sense and is more just than what most of the posters on this forum want. "Kick them all out" is not realistic, and does not stand for the spirit of America.
    Really this is not a personal attack on any one person, but people are sounding very racist in their anti-Mexican comments, and some threads end up sounding like a lynch-mob. Yeah yeah yeah I can alrweady hear you screaming "Freedom of speech, it's in the Bill of Rights", thats great but you still sound like a racist when you say "Mexicans out".

Keep it real. this is a great forum for realistic discussion.

Monty
    X Brit, Proud American.
    <a href="http://members.aol.com/ojonathano/englishman.jpg">
    </a>

Disgust

I feel disgust that our Senators have sold us out; disgust that the Senator from Tennessee who could have made a run for the presidency has sealed the deal................ he will never be President in my opinion.

Further disgusted with Bush, and disgusted w/ myself for voting for him twice. I thought seriously of writing in a candidate but was so afraid of the other candidate and his left of leftist wife that I again voted for Bush.

Horrified at the disrespect for our guardians (soldiers) who are risking their lives to protect our country that is being thrown away.

Angry that the sacrifices that my father (a former POW) and all but one of my uncles made serving in the armed forces and my two cousins who died in the armed forces believing they were protecting the Country that is now being given away.
    Tom Tancredo - Jeff Sessions 2008 !!!

Scarlett
    Uphold and Protect the United States Constitution; not the Mexican revolution.

Monty, I say welcome to America since you say you are a Legal American.
    Let me ask you a question.
    You say you are for this bill that was passed by our X senators yesterday,tell me is this how the Brit's would have done things in your country?
    Would they allow 12 million + illegal aliens to come swarming over their borders?
    Would they allow these illegal aliens to steal your Ids pay in to a Social Security( I don't know if you have that or not) illegaly then to benefit from doing all that by being allowed to draw out of that retirement that you had no business in paying into in the first place because you were illegal at the time?
    The last question, to you, would your previous country ask any of your bodering countries their permission to secure your country's border against said invasion? I THINK NOT!
    I have to say to you Monty, you may have came to the wrong country because the majority of the American patriots find that to border on treason! I hope you haven't been fooled by our X Senators who voted for this CRAP of a bill into thinking that most of the American people are all for this bill, because if you really do believe this, you have been played for a big fool. If you think you are going to come here and try to make us believe this is a good bill, I am afraid Monty, you would be wasting your time here. If you are here though, to help us fight this bill, then we will welcome you as being another American patriot standing up and fighting for his country's right, granted to us by our constitution, to have a soverign nation with secure borders and its government's enforcement of its own laws on illegal immigration.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Enough insults

Quote Originally Posted by NewAmerican
    Godhelpus, I am an American citizen. I was Sworn in in March after going through the legal process of eligibility. Thats my point. The Bill will allow certain eligible people permanent residency, but it will be a very small proportion of the 12m+ here. Hopefully it will weed out a lot of people who are ineligible and we will be able to kick them out.
    We need to get real with this situation, and what is realistic. The senate passed the Bill by large majority because the Bill makes more sense and is more just than what most of the posters on this forum want. "Kick them all out" is not realistic, and does not stand for the spirit of America.
    Really this is not a personal attack on any one person, but people are sounding very racist in their anti-Mexican comments, and some threads end up sounding like a lynch-mob. Yeah yeah yeah I can alrweady hear you screaming "Freedom of speech, it's in the Bill of Rights", thats great but you still sound like a racist when you say "Mexicans out".

Keep it real. this is a great forum for realistic discussion.

Monty
    X Brit, Proud American.
    Using what borders on hate speech "racist" "lunch-mob" etc. is insulting!

If you are really a new American citizen perhaps you should be thanking your lucky stars as none of your family members had to fight and/or die for your freedom instead of finding dozens of complaints and insults.

I have followed some of your postings, and find that some are very insulting and way too instructive for a new citizen. It is like the temp or janitor telling the CEO how to run his business. Please try being thankful and think a minute or two about the freedoms you are enjoying due to the sacrafices and blood shed by others on this board and/or the blood shed by their family members before you preach and judge them.
    Tom Tancredo - Jeff Sessions 2008 !!!

Scarlett
    Uphold and Protect the United States Constitution; not the Mexican revolution.

Why in the Blue Devil do we need more of the same unenforced laws!

126. Immigration Reform and Control Act of November 6, 1986 (IRCA) (100 Statutes-at-Large 3359)
    Comprehensive immigration legislation:

a. Authorized legalization (i.e., temporary and then permanent resident status) for aliens who had resided in the United States in an unlawful status since January 1, 1982 (entering illegally or as temporary visitors with authorized stay expiring before that date or with the Government’s knowledge of their unlawful status before that date) and are not excludable.

b. Created sanctions prohibiting employers from knowingly hiring, recruiting, or referring for a fee aliens not authorized to work in the United States.
    Almost never enforced!

c. Increased enforcement at U.S. borders.
    When? Where????

d. Created a new classification of seasonal agricultural worker and provisions for the legalization of certain such workers.
    So we already have a Guest Worker Plan!

e. Extended the registry date (i.e., the date from which an alien has resided illegally and continuously in the United States and thus qualifies for adjustment to permanent resident status) from June 30, 1948 to January 1, 1972.

f. Authorized adjustment to permanent resident status for Cubans and Haitians who entered the United States without inspection and had continuously resided in country since January 1, 1982.

g. Increased the numerical limitation for immigrants admitted under the preference system for dependent areas from 600 to 5,000 beginning in fiscal year 1988.
    New Bill would up that to 200,000 for the first 3 years then +20% each year there after!

h. Created a new special immigrant category for certain retired employees of international organizations and their families and a new nonimmigrant status for parents and children of such immigrants.

i. Created a nonimmigrant Visa Waiver Pilot program allowing certain aliens to visit the United States without applying for a nonimmigrant visa.

j. Allocated 5,000 nonpreference visas in each of fiscal years 1987 and 1988 for aliens born in countries from which immigration was adversely affected by the 1965 act.

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/shared...isHist/561.htm
    "Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake." -- Louisa May Alcott

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12