Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Condi shops in NYC last week while NOrleans suffers

http://www.nola.com/forums/reachingout/ ... itial=true

2020. Condi Rice Shopping During Disaster
    by amygoossens, 9/5/05 2:07 ET

Hi All-writing from NYC..I love the great people of NO & am so sad. I'm from B'ham. Am really trying to help with pet issues. Was shocked to find out that on 9/1-9/2 Condi Rice was in NY shopping at Ferragamo where she spent thousands of $ on new boots-a customer asked her how she could be shopping while those people were suffering & no one was helping them?! She had her security guy remove the woman from the store! She went to see the show Spamalot on Broadway too! And Wimbeldon! Then so many people said things about it on the internet & in NYTimes that she went home to AL. Nice huh? Tuck this away in your memories for when the real story & the truth come out about this disgrace. Spread the word-today she was defending Bush saying he would never allow people to suffer because of their race-glad she's so concerned. That these peope have the nerve to tell y'all you can't take your pets with you! Who do they think they are? I am so outraged & the world is broken-hearted for all of you. The truth will come out....it always does. Hang in there you wonderful, brave people-we will help. If I can do anything or email or call anyone/do anything in NYC let me know & it's done. Amy

REPLY:

by OutrageInCal, 9/5/05 3:50 ET

Re: Condi Rice Shopping During Disaster by amygoossens, 9/5/05

She is part of a team of political leaders. She is a public figure in a time of crisis. Sure, she deserves to have a personal life, but flaunting her comfort in front of everyone is disgraceful. Should she have flown to NO to drive a bus? Hell yes. It's time for our political leaders to roll up their sleeves and show us that they can handle this. What she did shows her disregard for the suffering that people are experiencing. Personally I hope everyone REMEMBERS this when the next presidental election comes along. 54% of the people of America have elected a bunch of uncaring idiots to run our country. Wake up, people. Take your heads out of the sand and make your outrage heard at the next presidential election! Bush only cares about his oil money and his agenda, not about your lives! And now he and his people have proved it!

54% of the people of America have elected a bunch of uncaring idiots to run our country. Wake up, people. Take your heads out of the sand and make your outrage heard at the next presidential election! Bush only cares about his oil money and his agenda, not about your lives! And now he and his people have proved it!
    Why wait until the next presidental election? I don't think we can wait that long. We may not have a nation by then. Bush may just surrender our sovereignty to the WTO before too long. I say contact your rep and senator and demand for Jorge Bush's immediate impeachment. We need to build up the public pressure and make it so great that the federal government will have no choice, but to listen and cave in to our demands. Your anger doesn't need to be heard in 2008, it needs to be heard NOW. NOW, NOW, NOW. Send a mesage throughout the land that politicans who sell us out on a whim for profit will no longer be tolerated. The time for accountability is now my friends. Spread the word. Bush must be impeached before our nation is lost.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

well, i guess if Kerry had been elected he would be down in new orleans with his old swift boat from Vietnam rescueing people....? LOL why is he not there anyway....? Condi's job is International Affairs not disasters in new orleans STATE DEPARTMENT!