Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    OK, so let me recap here and add a comment or two.

Notable things:

First, Durbin wrapped up daily business here this evening (they finished at 8:25pm ET / 5:25pm PT). In one of the very last acts of the day, he introduced (?) or referenced, 'an act pertaining to certain illegal alien students' as one of his last comments. Don't know if this was a sneaky introduction of the DA into the Labor/HHS bill, but we need to know FOR SURE what this was in reference to. Anybody up for some short turnaround research?

Second, Sen. Ensign introduced two amendments involving immigration. The amendments introduced are generally indirectly related to illegal immigration - they were:

a). Legislation to keep the US-Mexican SSTA (Soc. Sec. Totalization Agreement) from taking effect.

b). Legislation geared at prohibiting people that have illegally used SSNs from obtaining certain benefits or be eligible for other things (don't know the details of this well yet).

Third, (minus the *possible* exception listed in the first point above) there was no direct mention of immigration-related issues today.

5:38pm PT
    Phred I did not hear the end, or anything on immigration, I did hear about the SS at least on amendment, and the amendment was anyone that paid into a stolen ss # could not go back and claim those funds. I did not see the vote on it.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

If Durbin submitted an Amendment, it was not voted on. I can get the text in the morning.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123