Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DC Lobbying Up-Date Stories...........LOL

ANNIE, KATE & OLIVER {and me} will start by sharing the BONER story
    rotf!

Tune in for details..................
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is what I recall, but Oliver and Kate will have to fill in the blanks. It is my understanding that we were the first group to get into Boehner's office that day. I would like to say it was because of our powers of persuasion, but I believe the credit goes to the bloggers for exposing the fact that Boehner did not want to hear from any of his constituents.

Kate really hammered on him. If he said it once he said it 100 times, that Boehner does not support any form of amnesty. We asked him to define it and clarify it. He was firm that amnesty would not be supported. Kate asked him about the NAU and securing Mexico's southern border. The little punk laughed. He blew it off and was a bit condescending like we didn't know what we were talking about. In my opinion, it shocked him when he realized how much we knew.

Kate and Oliver... that is what I remember, please elaborate.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Banned
    BorderFox wrote:
    The little punk laughed. He blew it off and was a bit condescending like we didn't know what we were talking about. In my opinion, it shocked him when he realized how much we knew.

Kate and Oliver... that is what I remember, please elaborate.
    The aide was on the defensive when we walked into the office and he was very smug. He started off repeating our position: Secure the border, enforce the law, end all benefits to illegals, etc... BorderFox and I looked at each other, stunned--this was not what we'd heard on numerous calls in the past to Boehner's office. I had the impression he said all these things to get out us out of his presence as fast as possible. Kept saying, you're preaching to the choir...

When Kate mentioned NAU, he smirked, giving me the impression that he wished to convey that he thought we were psycho. BUT having said that--he did appear shocked and covered it quickly with a smirk and giggle!

Banned
    Do you guys remember that he kept saying to us, "You're preaching to the choir," when we were talking about amnesty and guest worker programs?

After hearing that a number of times, I decided we needed to switch gears and throw him a bit of a curve ball. So, I asked him why there is in the STRIVE bill the provision to "secure Mexico's southern border."

It definitely took him by surprise... his response - "the administration is not implementing a NAU."

Then I stated that that's interesting because 18 state legislatures have drafted resolutions denouncing a North American Union! He didn't know what to say.

It was actually pretty funny!

April
    Wow! You all did Awesome!

Kate:

Re:
    After hearing that a number of times, I decided we needed to switch gears and throw him a bit of a curve ball. So, I asked him why there is in the STRIVE bill the provision to "secure Mexico's southern border."

It definitely took him by surprise... his response - "the administration is not implementing a NAU.
    One thing that struck me as I was reading this was...
    You never mentioned the NAU ... he ASSUMED you were.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Do you guys remember our experience in BITE ME KYLE's office?

ROTFLMAO

How funny was that? You were trying so darned hard not to break out in laughter while you were sitting on that couch!

We had that pooor kid thinking about looking for a new job

Seriously, I think that American Taxpayers should KNOW that while we are PAYING for their salaries, running the offices and paying for their stationary............that we're also NOT ALLOWED to have any business cards from said office!

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Kate:

Re:

It definitely took him by surprise... his response - "the administration is not implementing a NAU.
    One thing that struck me as I was reading this was...
    You never mentioned the NAU ... he ASSUMED you were.

right!!! What the hell does that tell you?

Banned
    We were breaking in the new kid in Kyl's office! Actually, he was a nice guy, but under strict orders to give out NO information other than name, rank and serial number. He was instructed to READ a statement of Kyl's position on immigration, but could not give us a copy! The position statement read something like - "secure the borders, verify employment eligibility, etc...." Very informative!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kate
    We were breaking in the new kid in Kyl's office! Actually, he was a nice guy, but under strict orders to give out NO information other than name, rank and serial number. He was instructed to READ a statement of Kyl's position on immigration, but could not give us a copy! The position statement read something like - "secure the borders, verify employment eligibility, etc...." Very informative!!
    Remember.......

"I'm allowed to READ you the Senator's OFFICIAL STATEMENT."

"Can we have a copy?"

"NO, I'M NOT ALLOWED TO GIVE ANYONE A COPY.
    {repeated about 3 more times}
    "I'm ALLOWED to READ you the Senator's OFFICIAL STATEMENT."

Then.........."I'm NOT ALLOWED to give out the cards or the Immigration Aids NAME!"