Delta passengers bypass immigration after Heathrow-JFK flight lands at wrong terminal

By Jessica Chasmar
The Washington Times
Tuesday, February 25, 2014

• Security employee Warren Johnson reviews messages at a nearly deserted Delta Air ...

Delta
passengers
at New York City’s John F. Kennedy International Airport were able to bypass immigration and customs after their flight from London dropped them off at the wrong terminal.The passengers aboard Delta Flight 3 from Heathrow wound up at Terminal 4 near a domestic baggage claim around 8:30 p.m. Monday, CBS News reported.CBS was alerted to the news by a passenger on the flight, Andrew Rostron, whose wife is a network employee

“I could have just left the
airport
and kept going, no question about it,” Mr. Rostron said. “I was practically out the front door of the airport, but realized I have to go get my bag.“If you didn’t have checked luggage, you could have just left, got in a cab and been gone. They had no idea,” he said.Delta Airlines told CBS News it is aware that “a small number of customers off Delta flight 3 from London to New York’s Kennedy International Airport were able to bypass customs screening. Delta is
working with the Port Authority as well as Customs and Border Protection and is looking into the matter. Customer security is of vital importance and Delta makes every effort to follow appropriate procedures.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz2uMn5F96U