Like Tree2Likes

Thread: A Democrat Explains Why She’s Voting For Donald Trump

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A Democrat Explains Why She’s Voting For Donald Trump

A Democrat Explains Why She’s Voting For Donald Trump

“People at the company I work for, they lost their jobs. They’re sending those jobs to China."
    01/31/2016 09:46 am ET | Updated 18 hours ago

DUBUQUE, Iowa -- She once voted for Hillary Clinton, but now she’s supporting Donald Trump.

Rebecca Thoeni says the real estate mogul and presidential candidate is speaking truths no other politician -- of either party -- is offering right now. And it is his uncharacteristic bluster that made her bolt the Democrats in favor of the Grand Old Party.

“He’s down to earth and seems to have a lot of common sense, which is lacking. I just like him. I think he really stirred the people up,” said Thoeni, who huddled with approximately 800 other people at an outdoor Trump rally on Saturday, a chilly winter day in January. The venue was none other than a hangar at the Dubuque airport, the classiest of locations, if only because it provided the best view of Trump’s arrival in a Boeing 757 jet emblazoned with his name.

“I like how he wants to take back our country. That’s the main thing; it’s our country. And the respect. We’re getting screwed over,” she added.

Thoeni works at an electronics manufacturing firm in Dubuque, a city of approximately 60,000 people located along the Mississippi River, at the junction of Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin. She says the city is suffering from a stagnant economy, and is disappointed with Democrats for failing to adequately turn things around. When Trump, a wealthy businessman who espouses protectionist economic policies, rails against nations like Mexico and China, Thoeni says she can relate.

“People at the company I work for, they lost their jobs. They’re sending those jobs to China,” she said.

Thoeni is one of many working-class whites who make up a large portion of the Trump phenomenon currently sweeping across the country. It is a coalition that spans Southern states and the Rust Belt, which has suffered from economic decline, population loss and urban decay. It also includes a good chunk of less educated Americans who do not have a college degree, and who feel like they’ve been ignored by leaders in Washington.

Trump believes he can win over such voters, many of whom are registered Democrat but lean independent. Last fall, he predicted that his campaign would “go across lines.”

“I think I’ll have a lot of Democrat[s]. You know, [Ronald] Reagan had Democrats for Reagan, it was a very big group of people and a very big bloc,” he said in a September interview.

For Thoeni, who is planning on changing her registration, Democrats have put forth no other candidate that she finds appealing. Although she caucused for Hillary Clinton in 2008, she said that she finds the many controversies of her campaign unsettling.

“I voted for Hillary, but I do not want her in this. I was all for women's power, but she just got herself involved in too many things. She lies; it doesn’t look good. Her emails --” she said, before suddenly being interrupted by Trump’s descending plane as it flew low across the sky above the crowd.

“That’s Trump, that’s Trump right there!” she pointed excitedly, laughing along with a friend she brought to the event in hopes of persuading her to vote for the mogul.

And Bernie Sanders?

“Just too old,” she said of the Vermont senator, who is 74.

As Trump’s plane taxied on the runway, Thoeni remarked that she admired Trump’s energy and youthful appearance.

“He seems like such a young man. He seems my age," she said of the 69-year-old businessman. "He’s got a full head of hair."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0010e80ea6021
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

STAY TRUE!! STAY TRUMP!!

Bring it home, Iowa Trump Supporters!! Load up, get there early tonight, be prepared to register if you aren't already, and write that TRUMP on the paper, drop it in the box and Trump will win. Don't forget a piece of official mail with your current address on it and a photo ID.

Good luck, Donald J Trump!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Trump is going to repeat the Reagan landslide! They have purposely moved our manufacturing base out of our country.

Wealth is created by three things: A) Minerals, Rocks, liquids; B) Agriculture; C) Manufacturing. All of these is about turning nothing---into something. Wealth is NOT created by retail. By moving our industrial base out, we are enriching other countries, like China and Mexico.

This is also the hidden reason of Unions, to drive up the price of labor so much that factories have to move to other countries. We have a big problem.

The tug of war between unions raising wages and factory owners wanting to leave because it is only an issue because they can leave and back-haul their products into the US under "free trade treason" agreements. Unions are what raised the qualify of life in the United States, they fought for wages, pensions, health insurance, sick leave, annual leave, safety standards, workmen's compensation, unemployment insurance ... we owe so much to our unions. With the decline of unions, so has the quality of life, so has the standard of living. I support right to work laws as well as unions, and union management has turned corrupt against their members supporting immigration to collect more dues while putting their American members out of work.

The main reason though that we have free trade problems is because of the income tax which is a far greater expense than labor costs for most manufacturing companies.

Trump isi the only one in the race who truly understands the complexity of all the issues. He's against both free trade and immigration, where most Establishment Republicans pretend to be against illegal immigration but for legal immigration as well as support free trade. It's just so stupid and corrupt it's unbelievable what my own party has done to the country. Democrats are pro-immigration and pro-tax but against free trade. It's the perfect gridlock split to destroy our nation through the philosophies and positions of both parties.

Trump is going to bust that all to hell and get it straightened out. It will be something to see, and I can't wait. This will be the longest year of my life politically, waiting for January 2017. And it all starts tonight!!

STAY TRUE!! STAY TRUMP!!